Chapter 7 Without You

Chapter 7

Without You

Would it be rude to leave without a word of gratitude or without bidding a good bye?

I was wondering how I ended up sleeping here last night. All I remember was I saw someone intruding into her house and so I came to give her alerts but what happened after that is blank in my memories.

I am scratching my bed messy hair in the morning, trying to work with the throbbing pain in my head as i lift the sheet from over me; the pain probably is due to the hangover. So I get up to leave no word said and received as she is not around. Neither is her dog so she might have left for her classes by now so I protest against my body and get up to leave. I then happen to see water and few pills on the table. When I check I find out they were aspirins meant to help me for the hangover headache. ' how thoughtful ' I told myself as I gulped two tablets with the glass of water kept on the table covered with a coaster.

I scan the room sparsely. Things were out of place like cushion fallen down or the book on the sofa instead of library shelf but it was mot a mess like that of Jack's so quite acceptable for me. I lifted them up as a reflex putting them back on their respectable places. I missed her, a part of me felt it was good as it was stupid to come to someone's place at late in the night even though I came because I assumed /saw some shadow running into her house.

But I wanted to meet her, talk to her and .........

And I want to touch her sooth her make her feel comfortable. I want to help her in her issues. May be that's the reason I felt that I saw someone running to her house and took a chance to come over to her place. That she let me stay here was a surprise. Wish I didn't waste the entire night sleeping. Damn this over drinking thing.

I knew waiting for her was not going to help in any ways so I picked my drunken hangover ass from the couch of her living room and headed towards home.

I wanted to go to her class meet her, talk to her but I was surrounded with group of excited girls and friends who were congratulating me for my achievement. All my friends also hooked around me asking for a treat, neither did Jack spare me, not for the treat but. He noticed my absence from the party and from my house too when he checked in the morning as he normally picks me up next day from the party where he parks his bike at my place and we travel together. It took me some hour or more to convince him that I was asleep late in the morning and did not hear his knocking and the phone calls too as it was in a silent mode. And also I was not f##king any girl being wasted. He also assumed that I was with Ciara as she also went missing from the party leaving Steve alone. He also had a lot to share about his night which went on very well other than the fact that the girl was so horny that she made him do thrice in one single night till he voluntarily went out of the room excusing for his sisters birthday call which he doesn't have any.

There was no chance that I'd be alone today so I dropped the idea of meeting the ug... girl in the college.

The impulsiveness to meet her was ever increasing but she was no where to be seen. It's been two days since I saw her at the courts and slept at her house in the night. Wonder what would others say when they realise that I spent a night at a girl's residence sleeping all night through. But who cares?.....

Today is my match and I am eager to face the crowd as I know I'll be their hot favourite today with a new record on my credit. More enthralling is the thought of seeing the same girl on the bleachers behind the cheerleaders. I thought of bumping into her house again but didn't. I did not want to scare her. She'd think I am some crazy stalker.

The pressure is high for I had to fill in the expectations of the crowd and also perform better. Though the team is an easy one to beat but still it is the performance that matters.