Chapter 30 Past Grimaces

Chapter 3o

Past Grimaces

Davidson's pov

I wanted to be angry at her, shout at her put some senses into her brain for behaving itinerant with her parents instead I am hugging her and even offered to stay with me till she is assured that they had left for Los Angeles.

I want to put into her brain that our parents are the best thing that God has gifted us and we should value them.

Our personality is a gift from our family and so is hers, her strength and virtuosity that I am a big admirer of I believe her family does get the credit to have imparted it to her.

Isn't upbringing a part of what you tend to become and in spite of being through so much Shyna has brought herself to a strong and respectable personality; somewhere the credit should go to her parents.

Yet when I saw her beaming beauty saddened after that phone call the reason being her parents visit to home town where they'd be staying with her.

She said her mom was very excited and the way she speaks about her mom, I believe she shares an intimate bonding with her then why is she so repulsive when it comes to staying with them?

She's even scared to come face to face with them making me wonder what dirty story lies beneath another dark lines of her.

I probably might end the assumption that she is angry because they failed to rescue her from 'Those monsters when she was away and taken but Shyna is not that naive to come to such a conclusion.

Now I cannot let her speak about it for she's too upset now. I loved to see that charming smile that embellished her face for the entire evening.

When she was repeatedly complimented throughout the evening and she'd press her body to mine feeling uncomfortable about such a sudden receptiveness, that heat radiating from her body, the enchanting personality of hers was now missing and I wanted to get that back or at least I wanted the Shyna that I had rediscovered who knew how to smile and who'd learnt that life was meant to live back.

So I succumbed to her discomfort and offered her to stay in my apartment till her parents return back to Los Angeles.

I could feel her clammy hands and her eyes weary as she scurried at the airport once we reached our home destination worried to death as if they'd locate her at the instance she steps on the city.

She did greet Jack and Liza formally who had welcomed us at the airport.

Jack took five long minutes to acknowledge the changed Shyna and absorb that she is indeed a beauty.

After I smacked him hard, he turned murmuring in my ears "have you kissed the frog princess" earning another smack from me making Liza giggle.

Liza on the other hand embraced Shyna and started her continuous rambling about the game, about the hot guys there. She even dared to ask in a closed whisper enough for me and Jack to hear if guys in Orlando were hotter than in Vegas.

"Really you want to know that? I can confirm that guys here are much hotte." Jack chimed in their conversation making Shyna breath in relief.

After chatting the whole trip in few gossips and then dropping me and Shyna at my place to which both my friends wriggled their eyebrows I cooked up that Shyna's house needed maintenance which would take few more days and I was helping her stay at mine as a kind of payback for accompanying me and being there for me in my trip. I also shared how good of a help had her counseling sessions been for me and my team to which Shyna earned another player to study and use her skills on who was none other than Liza.