Chapter 35 Wrecking Ball

Dedicated to Kricc_ for beingthe first one to comment on a paragraph/line of my story!

I am feeling so emotional *melodramatic* ha ha!

Chapter 35

Wrecking Ball

Sometimes life just slips away faster than a rolling ball down the hill!

Elina lets the burning hot water cascade down her body, wipe out all the thoughts that she was having all these days when she intended to take a holiday.

Samantha's past had rattled her for a while. She wanted to walk away from this world, let Angel take her toll and punish the ones who know not how to respect the gender who brought them to the world, who gave them the chance to breathe. She had developed a lot of admiration for 'Angel.

But it only lasted till she called up home expecting cheers, joys and welcomes from her family happy that she'd be around for Christmas.

Instead what she received or heard from them was happiness that she was the Santa who's going home only to deliver the gifts that they had been longing for.

"Elly" her younger brother quoted in his boyish tone. Last time when she heard him, he'd speak in his childish tone, skipping half the syllables adding th' toall the words but now he was smart as he said "I did not know Santa's mail id so I mailed all that me, sis and mom wants to your address. Can you forward it to Santa?"

"Sure" Elina couldn't help but accept cheerfully about her li'l brother's smartness "I'll make sure that the mail reaches Santa on time and delivers your presents on time."

After exchanging few more pleasantries with rest of the crew that was Elina's family, she reaches her cursor to the x sign of Book tickets of airlines site that she'd been hunting looking for the cheapest fare available to fly back home.

Instead she browses through the web cross checking with the list on the mail to get the best of the presents for her siblings and her mother.

Somewhere deep she knew that the Christmas gifts reaching them would bring more joy to her than visiting them personally.

She cannot act like an emotional fool and walk away from her responsibilities and job.

Elina frames back into the present as she turns the knob of the shower and then wiping the sheath of steam from the mirror of the wash room, looking at the clear image of her weary eyes, rest of her face still blurred due to the mist, "see clear" she mumbles herself and walks out of the bathroom with white furry towel wrapped around her perfectly toned body.

She sighs at her godly image on the huge dressing mirror. Her lighten up hopes to meet her boyfriend had also vanished. Glad that she did not inform him earlier and wanted to keep it as a surprise she dresses into her uniform.

Buckling her belt and putting on her shoes she was ready to leave for her night shift.

Already applied for a holiday since the place was filled, she had to go for the night shift and Elina didn't mind a bit as it was better than tossing and curling all night long in the bed wondering where her life intends to take her.

Switching off the geyser and room heater, finally checking with the switches that she'd been responsible enough to turn off when not needed, she opens the door to move out of the house.

The snide, exhausted of overthinking and dull face of Elina turns charming and enlightened with a huge grin that stretched from one ear to another, the blushes on her cheeks never missed and the triumphant growl which was much more huskier and unlady like due to the small shriek of happiness, surprised and excitement at the figure who gave her a sudden unexpected visit.