Chapter 26

Dallas' POV
I stare at River for a second. She looks like a scared puppy confused. "Um... Max will you get Nick for me. I'll stay here with the girls." Max nods and leaves the room.
"I don't remember." She whispers.
Nick comes back with Max. Max takes Meadow upstairs.
"River! What the fuck was that?" Nick says immediately.
"I don't remember. I don't know."
"What?" Nick looks at her in utter shock.
"She called me River girl and next thing I know I'm pinned to the wall by Max. I don't remember anything in between that."
"So, you blacked out?"
"I don't know."
"You're scaring me."
"I'm scaring me. Is- is, she okay?"
"Well, she's calming down. But she's right, your grounded, you have lost all privileges. Text Corrbin now and tell him your grounded, no homecoming, cross country, dance. Nothing."
"But dad,"
"No. Text him now, then give me your phone."
"No."
"No?"
"I'm going to homecoming, I'm not quitting."
"Go to your room."
"No." I say sitting down on the couch.
"River, what the fuck."
"You are trying to take everything I live for away. So until we can come to some type of agreement I'm not moving."
"So tell us what you're thinking."
That's when Demi makes her presence known, "What the fuck I'm not negotiating. Fucking go to your room." She shouts are River.
River's face goes white when she looks at Demi. "Okay." She whispers.
River practically runs upstairs. "Are you okay?" I ask Demi.
"I just scared the shit out of myself. I haven't gone that dark in a very long time."
"It was very dark. What the fuck is going on?" I ask. Demi and Nick look at each other.
"Have you talked to mom?"
"Have I talked to mom about what?" I ask.
"Maddie."
"What's wrong with Maddie?"
"She tried to commit last night. River cut her down."
"What?" I can't breathe.
"That's why we're home. On top of that, Meadow is cutting because she's being bullied. Jordan's treehouse was burnt down, she's cutting and drinking, and lord knows what else."
"Blacking out." Nick says.
"Bullshit." Demi says looking at him flabbergasted.
"Serious, she didn't know what she did or why Max had her against the wall." I explain. "Is Maddie going to be okay?"
"I don't know, before we left the hospital she was awake and restrained and pissed."
"So, what are we gonna do."
"I don't know. I guess have a huge family meeting but I need to talk to my husband." Demi says glaring at Nick, "will you go sit with River."

Demi's pov

Dallas leaves and I sit across from Nick. "Look at me." I whisper.
"No. That was the craziest shit I have ever seen. What happened this morning? What did you say to her?"
"I was upset."
"That's not what I asked Demetria! I want to know what you said."
"I told her I didn't know how she could let this happen. But I wasn't talking about Maddie."
"Don't you dare try to manipulate me! What did you mean?"
"I meant going backwards, the cutting and alcohol. I would never blame her for Maddie."
"The box. When's the last time you have been it?"
"After mason died."
"Are you sure."
"Yes. Please look at me." He lifts his head. He's exhausted. "I'm not okay. Please, do not force me out. I can't lose this baby, or those babies. I can't lose you."
"You don't want to but if you keep challenging River like that you will lose her and frankly me too."
I gasp, "I won't challenge her. I will make this up to you. Please, let me prove it."
"You do what you want. I need space." I choke on my breath.
"Chill out." He snaps, "I'm not leaving, but I'm staying the guest room. I'm not sure what is going on right now, but I need to think. I need you to leave me  alone for a little bit. Just go away." I don't move, but he stands up. But before he leaves the room he turns to me, " I'm serious, don't fucking try anything with my kids. I will leave you. I promise."
I just sit on the couch stunned. I don't know how long I'm there before meadow comes to me. She doesn't say anything but just rubs my stomach. The Mac comes in rubbing his neck, "Meadow, give us a second." He whispers. Meadow runs off to the kitchen. "Demi, I'm going to say this and only this: I love you. Your family has a lot going on right now. I'm not going to tell you what to do, but remember you don't need anything but your family. Think about what you need to do."
" I will."
"What would mason want you to do?" I stare at him, " think about it. Take care of yourself and call me if you need me. I need to go see my girls." With that he leaves.
meadow comes back ten minutes later and curls into me, " mom, there's really a baby in there?"
"Yes, a boy I think. I didn't want you to find out this way."
"Do you still think you can fix us?"
"You're not broken."
"You know what I mean. Will you make us a family again?"
"If you help me, I can't do it by myself."
Dallas comes downstairs, "Hey, um... I'm going to the hospital with mom. River's sleeping. Um... I love you. Please call me if you need anything. Meadow come give me a hug."
Meadow gets up and walks over to her. " I'm so sorry. I wasn't here. I love you so much. I know your mom won't call if anything happens but if it does I need you to. Please, do. I'll be here as fast I can be. Look at me." She holds meadow out at arms length, " I love you. I mean it call me."
Meadow hugs her tight, " I will. I promise."
"Bye Dallas. Love you too." I say as she walks to the door.
The house is silent. It's going to be a long road ahead of us.