Chapter 15

River's POV
After my nap, mom and I packed up the car and I said my good byes. Mom and I went out for dinner.
"So, you and Corrbin?" She asks.
"We're fine." I say. However, I think that we're rocky. After he left I felt alone, he said he was okay, and that he forgave me. I feel like hell. The things Meadow said make me feeling alone and empty. Mom stares at me as I eat. She is waiting for me to say something, but I want to fill this hole inside me. So I eat. I'll wait until I get home to get back to myself. It's Monday and I have to go to school tomorrow, practice then dance. Back to my routine. Mom and I go back to the hotel and I lay next to dad. I won't see him for two weeks, and I'm actually happy that I won't see them and deal with the drama. But it's time to go, I hug mom and dad goodbye. Meadow stares at me as if she's waiting for a goodbye. I let her just stand there. As I open the door she speaks, "creek?"
"Don't call me that." I snap.
Her eyes fill up, "I'm sorry."
"Whatever." I slam the door behind me and max and I head to the airport. We board the plane, and I sit away from him. I open my bag of candy and go to town. I'm about a third of the way through when max snatches it from me. "What the!"
"That's enough, you won't sleep for days."
"And that's a bad thing?" I scuff.
"Here." He hands me my phone, and there's a message from mom.
'Hey,
I know, I know. I know, what you're thinking and feeling. You think that you can build up those walls that you had before. Sorry, kiddo that will not happen. I remember I promised you two things: 1) you will not ever have to give up dance and music. 2) I will love you no matter what. I need you to understand that families fight, you may have your phone back. However, I have told Marisa that if you do not reach out to your sister then it will be taken away again. Marisa, knows about the alcohol and the candy you thought we didn't know about. She will be watching you. I love you.
XO-mommy'
I tear up reading this but my mind goes to the things that I can now do with this beautiful device in my hand. I text her back,
'Love you too.'
I text Corrbin,
'Hey, I know it's late but I'm on the plane now, Marisa is going to pick me up from the airport, do you wanna spend the night?'
I find my headphones in my go back and turn on my playlist. My phone buzzes right before I close my eyes, 'yeah... text me when you get home and I'll head over. I really need to talk to you. Love you.'
' see you then, love you too!'