Chapter 3

Maddie's pov
Demi woke me up at 9:30 for breakfast and that pissed me off cuz I was actually asleep. Which I don't really sleep very well ever since I told Nick about Danny. While I am eating she's going on and on about, " how filthy this place is...." I quickly eat because she is becoming very manic. I go back to my room and do my homework. Then there is a loud thud and then shouting, the very loud music playing. I put my headphones in and therefore when Nick comes in he scares me.
"Hey, sorry. I just wanted to see how you were doing."
"I'm fine, good." I state. I know where this conversation is going and I don't like it.
"Well, okay, um... When your sisters get home go ahead and get ready. We have to be somewhere at three."
"Okay." He awkwardly walks out. I turn my music back up, but not loud enough to the point where I can not hear. About twenty minutes later, I hear the front door close and Meadow begins to ramble about how dance was. Demi listens intently get ready for the surprise which makes Meadow shrieks with excitement. She runs up to her room and I slams the door shut. I decide to get our of bed and shower.

Rivers pov
I get out if the shower and put on my outfit. I dry my hair and put my makeup on. I turn on music and sing as I get ready. There's a knock at the door. "Come on."
"Hey, you almost ready?" Dad asks.
"Yeah, I'm gonna help Meadow when I'm done. You know how she likes that."
He sits down on my bed and sighs. "Yeah, can I ask you a favor?"
"Yeah, what's up?" I go and sit next to him on the bed.
"Maddie is struggling."
"With what? She seems fine to me."
"Well that guy, Danny hurt her. I was wondering if you could talk to her. I want to go to the police but she's stubborn like your mother."
"I'll try, dad?"
I hug him, "yeah?"
"I missed you."
"I missed you too." He kisses me on the forehead. "Are you ready to sing for mom at the concert."
"Yeah, I'm excited to be at these next few concerts."
"Okay, well finish up."
"River!" Meadow yells.
"The booger calls." I chuckle, "one sec!" I shout back.
"Stop shouting!" Demi yells.
I roll my eyes. "Sorry." Meadow and I yell back.
I help Meadow get ready. I curl her hair, she's wearing a floral dress with black toms and I put the top of her hair into a bun. "Can you put makeup on me?"
"Um, yeah... Maybe a little." I put on lip gloss on her and some eye shadow and a little bit of mascara. I put very minimal makeup on her but she looks pretty.
"Picture time!" Dad yells. Meadow and I run down stairs.
Demi turns and takes one look at Meadow and her face turns red. "What is on your face?" She sneers at Meadow.
But Meadow doesn't catch the disbelief,  "I look pretty, don't I?" Meadow beams.
"Take it off." Demi snaps.
"Demi." Dad whispers, "let her be."
"She's too young."
"She looks great, it's not an everyday thing. Just let her be." Dad says calmly.
That's was the end of the discussion. Then we go outside to take picture. Then we get in the car all shouting window but Meadow gets the middle because she's the youngest.
We pull up yo the courthouse and I get nervous. "Ready?" Mom turns to us gitty. Mom's very flippy floppy with her emotions today and it's making  me  nervous because she could explode at any moment.
"Why are we here?" I ask a little hostile.
"Come on." We all file out if the car. We follow dad and mom into the courthouse. Marisa, Selena and Bryan are here.
"Meadow Clark, it's time." A woman shouts down the hall. We all file into the room.
"Meadow come sit with us."  Dad says. The judge comes in and we all stand. When the judge sits so does everyone else.
"Today I am blessed with the opportunity to grant guardianship of miss Meadow Alicia Clark to Mr. Nicholas Jonas and Mrs. Demitera Lovato." I get it now, today is adoption day. I smile. Meadow looks back at me and smiles so big my heart melts. "Before we begin signing things, is there anything that anyone has to say?"
Dad stands, "I would just like to thank everyone for being here. I have got the honor to become a father to this beautiful little girl. She is very talented in many ways, from dance to painting and singing. I have watched this little flower bloom into a bouquet." Dad smiles at Meadow and then takes a seat as mom stands.
"I would also like to thank everyone. I thank god everyday for blessing me with such a beautiful little girl."
"Anyone else?" The judge asks almost majoring eye contact with me.
I stand, "your honor, I would like to thank you for officially making my little sister my litter sister. I am so blessed to have her in my life. I have known this little princess since she was three and she has not only become my best friend but also she has saved my life."
"Wow, this is a beautiful family. Meadow will you come up here and sign this paper." She stands and she is shaking with excitement.
"Your honor, thank you did giving me a mommy and daddy." She says after she signs. She hugs the judge.
"You are so welcome. Time for pictures."
We all gather around and take pictures. "Okay, let's go." Mom says. Meadow clings to mom all the way to the car. We get into the car and I have a text from Julia:
Hey I need one of your parents numbers.
Me: For what?
Julia: it's a surprise... Please!!
I roll my eyes and send her Marisa number. We pull up to Olive Garden and I sit in between Maddie and Meadow. I lean over to Maddie, "hey I need to talk to you later." She nods.
"I would like to go around the table and everyone to say their favorite thing a about Meadow. I'll start," mom says, "I love how caring you are and that I am your favorite. I love you baby-girl."
"My favorite thing about Meadow is her smile, it's so big and genuine." Bryan says.
"Hey! You stole mine!" Marisa whines. Causing Meadow to giggle, "my favorite thing about Meadow is how hard she works, she does everything very carefully. I love watching you work on your art work."
"My favorite thing about Meadow is how positive she is." Selena says.
"My favorite thing about Meadow is her cuddles. She makes me feel so loved." Maddie says.
"My favorite thing about Meadow is how she is so happy all the time. I mean sometimes it's annoying. I'm so proud to call you my sister, I love you Creek." I say as I hug her.
"Well everyone stole what I was going to say, but I love you princess and don't ever forget it." Dad says.
"Thanks guys, I love you!" Meadow beams. We eat then go back home. There is a car outside the house. We pull into the garage. We open the door to loud music.
"Meadow!" Fifth Harmony yells.
"Dinah!" Meadow yells running to hug her. "Guess what!"
"What!" Dinah asks as she spins Meadow in a circle.
"I have a real mommy and daddy! It's official."
"I know! Guess what I got you!"
"You!" Camilla shouts from the kitchen. "You mean we?"
Dinah laughs, "sorry, we got you?"
Meadow shrugs. "What's your favorite thing ever?"
Meadows eyes grow, "ice cream!"
"Yes ma'am!"
"Oh lord." I laugh.
We all sit around the living room and eat ice cream and sing. About four bowls later Meadow crashes on the couch with ice cream all over her face. Everyone leaves and we all go to bed.