Chapter 19

Marisa's POV
Everything is spinning out of control. Bryan wakes up when Demi calls, "what the hall?"
"I don't know. I'm going to find out. Tell me what to do, where to go."
"Go to the hospital. Call my mom and dad. We're on our way."
"Okay. I'm going. Demi?"
"What?"
"I'm sorry." I say as she hangs up on me.
"What's going on?" Bryan asks.
"Maddie's dying." I whisper.
"We have to go. Get dressed." I nod, but I'm frozen, "come on, we have to go find Riv."
I nod, "Okay. Um... will you call Diana and Eddie have them meet us at the hospital. I'm gonna call Riv."
I go to the bathroom and try to control myself. Everything is going insane. Maddie's dying? How does something like this happen?
I call River, but she doesn't answer. I can only pray that she's at the hospital with Maddie.
Bryan knocks on the door, "hey, let's go to the hospital." I open the door and follow him to the car. "Eddie and Diana are on their way. I called the hospital and River is in shock, they gave her a sedative. However, she's demanding she go home and get some sleep because of school tomorrow. I texted Nick and Demi everything they will be here in about two hours." I grab his hand. I'm scared. I have nothing to say. He hold my hand all the way to the hospital we walk into the door. Diana and Eddie turn to me pale in the face.
"What's going on?" Diana asks.
"I don't know I need to find River."
"River? Lovato Jonas?" The nurse asks from behind the desk.
"Yeah. Where is she?"
"She's in a room sedated. I can take you to her." I nod and grab Bryan hand.
"What about Madison delagarza?" Eddie asks.
"She's with the doctors now. Have a seat they will be out to talk to you soon." The nod and sit down.
Bryan and I follow the nurse to the room rivers in. She's clearly sedated but wide awake and agitated.
As we walk in she says, "finally! Will you take me home. I have school in the morning."
"Woah. Slow down." I say as I sit on her bed, "What happened."
She sighs, "Maddie slit her wrists and tried to hang herself. I cut her down called 911 and now we're here. I need to go."
"Calm down." I say to her just as the doctor walks in.
"Are you her parents?"
"Aunt and uncle. Her parents are on there way."
"Okay well she has a blood alcohol level is .15 and decreasing. Her anxiety level is very high, I would like to get it down. So I would say in an hour or two."
"Damn it! Man, I have school in the morning, I have homecoming in less then 48 hours. I gotta go."
"Thank you." Bryan says. "Alcohol? Where'd you get the booze?" Bryan snaps.
"Bryan, you're not my dad. So shut the fuck up. Please, Marisa take me home."
"First of all don't talk to Bryan like that. You need to rest and then I'll take you home. I don't think you should go to school."
"I'm going to school." She responses.
"Okay." I say. My phone rings, it's Demi. "Hello?"
"Are you at the hospital?" She asks.
"Yes. River is demanding to go school, she has very high anxiety and..." I hesitate to tell her about the alcohol.
"And what?"
"She has a blood alcohol level of .15. Maddie's with the doctors. I don't know anything." I blurt.
"Okay, well we will be there in 45 minutes. Marisa, thank you."
"I'm sorry, Demi."
"It's not your fault. I'll deal with everything when I get there. I love you."
"I love you too."