Chapter 10

Corrbin's POV
Demi wakes us up and we get into our warm up clothes and then we go to mic check. This is the first time River, Meadow, and I have done meet and greets. It's crazy, there was this one girl who tried to get my number and kisses me on the cheek right in front of River. I thought River was gonna kill her, but she just walked over and held my hand. We go through the the rest of out meet and greets and River is silent when we get to our dressing room, "Riv, are you okay?"
    That;s when she turns to me with tears in her eyes. I walk over to her and put my hands on her hips but she steps back. "Don't touch me." She whispers.
    "Babe? What did I do?"
    She crosses her arms, "You let her kiss you." She says.
    "I didn't let her kiss me, it happened. I would have never ever let that happen." I cautiously walk closer to her and she doesn't move, "Baby, I love you, only you, I do."
    "I love you too."
    That's when I slowly press my lips into her's. She lets me. I deepen the kiss and press her up against the wall, gently.

River's POV
    He pushes me against the wall and I let it happen. I have my hand in his hair when he puts his hands up my shirt that's when I panic and push him away. "I'm sorry." He says touching his lips.
    "I-I," I don't know what to says so I leave. I sprint to Mom's dressing room and burst in the rom and Dad's on top of her. I scream and run to fifth harmony's, dressing room. I burst in. They stop what they're ping and look at me. "Lauren I-um, I-"
    "Come on." She says to me. She grabs my hand and pulls me out to the hallway. "What's up?" She asks.
    I look at her and spill my guts. All of it, from the bitch who kissed Corrbin. How I was mad. Then I was in love and we kissed then he pushed me against the wall and the flashbacks. I pushed him off me and he apologized, then I ran, I went to Mom's dressing room and Dad was on top of her. My head is spinning.
    "Hey, wow. It's okay. It's normal, after everything that you went through. It's normal. As for Corrbin, he is probably confused. It sounds like a lot happened really fast. What you need to do is go in there and explain what happened. As for seeing your mom and dad fuck, you're screwed. That will forever be etched in your brain."
I laugh, "Thank you."
"Go get your man and get ready."
I slowly walk back to the dressing room to Corrbin, he's sitting with his back to a wall counting with his head inn his hand. "44, 45, 46,"
I sit next to him and count, "48, 49, 50, 51." He turns to me, "I...um... I would count."
"Why?"
"I just did, it was something or me, it was mine. My cousin took a lot from me."
"Why did you run away from me?"
"Flashback, I panicked."
"That's okay."
"Why do you count?"
"Because I all I could do when my parents would fight. Coral would hide and cry. I would sit in my room and count until he hit her. My mom is my light, Riv. She can't admit he was fucked up. She blames herself like you. You-"I kiss him, I crawl on his lap without disconnecting our lips. I fight for dominance and he gives it to me. I can fell him growing and I move from his lips to his neck. "River, don't do this to me." He moans.
"Let's just do it."
"Babe, not here. Not now."
"Come on." I whisper as I feel him.
"We're not ready." I take a deep breath. I know he's right I peck him on the cheek,"Babe, don't be mad."
"I'm not. I love you. Thank you for stopping me. Let's get ready."
We get ready for my set. I'm wearing a white skirt with a long sleeve tye-dye crop top with white converse. Corrbin's wearing skinny jeans and a short sleeve tye-dye shirt and white converse. We take a picture in the mirror and then I start on my hair. He sits on the couch, I smile, "I have a surprise for you tonight." He looks at me. I smile even bigger.
"I can't wait." I go back to work on my hair and make up.
"Okay."
He puts the phone up to his ear. I can only hear his side of the conversation. "Hi, Momma."
"Good."
"I miss you, too."
"I'm about to get on stage in-- Wait who is that?"
"Why? Momma, He's in the house."
"She called him."
"Okay, Okay, fine. Be safe Momma. I gotta go. I love you." He nods and hangs up. He sighs, then dials a number. I finish my make up and go sit by him. "Are you serious?" He nearly shouts into the phone.
I can hear Coral not the other end, "What?"
"You called him."
"Yeah, so?"
"Coral, we just got away from him."
"He's my dad."
"He's an asshole, a woman beater, a child beater. He hit her, he hit me!"
"He never hit me, he loves me. It's not my fault that he doesn't love you."
"Are you serious? Mom and I really don't matter to you. You disgust me."
"Whatever, bye." She hangs up on him and he sits there breathing heavily.
"Babe." I say but I have nothing else to say. So, I just hold him until there is a knock on the door.
"Stage in 5." Sarah the stage manager yells through the door.
I hug him tighter and whisper in his ear, "Babe, we need to go." He nods and we take a deep breath.
It's show time.