Chapter 11

River's POV
The show is a complete hit. I sang my songs, while Corrbin danced. The stage crew brought out a stool for Corrbin to sit on while I sang, 'Fall For You.' The song I wrote for him.  He was blown away. When the song was over he kissed me. Then dad rushed out to the stage and pulled us apart. Very melodramatic. The crowd laughed.
Then Fifth Harmony came out and did their set. They were spectacular. Meadow blew the crowd's mind with her vocal skills.
After their set I  changed into my 'Who's Laughing Now' outfit. Then Meadow meets me out by the stage. We go and sit on the edge of the stage. Then the music starts, although it is not the recording that we have been practicing to. When the vocals start we begin dancing. That is when Meadow and I turn and see Jessie J. Meadow and I squeal, but continue to finish our routine. Then we rush over and nearly tackle her.
We shuffle off  and she says, "you girls are absolutely brilliant."
I squeal and absentmindedly blurt out, "Wow, you are beautiful!" She chuckles, then I remember my manners, "I mean thank you."
Meadow is beside me bouncing, "Thank you!" She screams, "I can't believe she's really here. I love you."
Jessie J chuckles, "Thank you, you booth are very talented young ladies. Keep doing what you are doing. You girls are truly bad ass."
I stand there starstruck with Meadow. Then Dad snaps us out of it and reminds us to change. I need to change for 'Avalanche' and Meadow has to change for 'Got Dynamite'. Mom has finished 'Neon Lights', then she goes on with just 'My Love's Like a Star' by the time I've finished helping Meadow get changed. By that time, Mom is calling Meadow out for 'Got Dynamite.'
"Alright, we're gonna throw this back to one of my oldies. Although, it's my daughter Meadow's favorite. Meadow, baby, Do you got dynamite?" Mom yells into the microphone.
Meadow walks out smiling, "I got dynamite, Momma. Let's hit it!" The band starts, Mom and Meadow rock it. Mom smiles as Meadow dances around the stage.
When the song is over, Meadow comes off the stage, while John, one of the stage crew guys runs out pulling the piano into place in the center of the stage. "Um, John what the hell are you doing?" Mom asks.
He smiles, and walks away while Dad and I walk out. Dad is wearing a white tux that matches my while rose covered dress. John pulls up a stool next to the piano. Dad grabs my hand and Mom's, he says to her, "Babe, Take a seat."
Mom starts blushing, "What is going on?"
"Will you just sit down and let us surprise you." I say to her. Dad helps Mom get situated on the stool. Then Dad and I sit on the piano bench next to each other. Dad starts playing and we begin singing, as the crowd goes nuts. By the end of the Mom is smiling and in tears. That's the end of my singing for this concert. I go back to my dressing room to find Corrbin, but he is not there. Which cause me to panic, where is he? I text him:
R: Where are you?
C: The bus. Packing.
Packing? We have two more days. I find Max, "My fair maiden." He bows to me.
I giggle, "Sir Knight, I need an escort to the Trojan Horse."
"Now?"
"Now, my king awaits me there."
"Yes, Ma'am. Would you like to change into your lavish relaxation clothing?"
"No, Sir Knight, I shall change on the trojan horse."
"As you wish. Piggy back ride. Madam?"
"Indeed." I jump onto his back and he carries me through the back doors, and thought the crowd of papz. He lowers me to the ground in front of the bus, "Thank you, Sir Knight."
"Anything for you."
I climb the stairs and open the door. Corrbin is tossing his clothes into his suitcase, "Babe, what is going on?"
"I've got to go." He says.
"Why?"
"He's got my mom."
"Babe, Just slow down." I says as I grab his hand and snatched it away. I lose my balance and fall onto the bed. His face goes pale and his eyes grow wide. He looks like he might throw up.
"Oh my god, are you okay?" He stutters, "I'm so sorry."
I'm completely shaken, however I take a deep breath and reply, "please slow down. Talk to me."
"Riv, I can't explain it."
"What? So, your dad shows up and you have to go? Why? I need you to try to explain."
"Because my mom is not safe."
"How do you know?"
"I know the type of man my father is. What is happening, I can guarantee you that it is not good. I owe my mom the world, that means I will fight for her and protect her no matter what. She's my mom."
"Okay, what about me?"
"You need to stay and spend time with your family. I have to go and be there for mine."
"Okay, well, I guess I'll have Max take you to the airport."
"Thank you, I'll call you as soon as I get home. I love you, babe. I'm sorry."
"I love you, too." I find Max and explain the situation. I ask him to take Corrbin to the airport. After I hug Corrbin goodbye, I walk back into my dressing room to Jessie J talking to Meadow.
"I'm going on tour. I've been holding auditions for a mini me and I think you have what I have been looking for."
Meadow and I gasp, I utter, "Her?" I under my breath, while Meadow releases a ear piercing scream.
"I will ask my mom and dad. I've been talking to them about leaving school?"
"Leaving school? You are only nine years old, darling."
"I've been getting bullied." I roll my eyes and stomp out. I go to one of the empty VIP suites and watch the rest of Mom's set. After, Mom's encore, I rush back to the tour bus and act like I'm sleeping.
Meanwhile, everyone else files on. Music starts to fill the bus and shouting begins. Mom shimmies into the back room where I am. She sits on the bunk next to me and rubs my hair away from my face.
"I am so proud of you. Thank you for everything, tonight. I loved it. You are a star, I hope you had fun. I will always be proud of you. Goodnight, sweet girl."
She leaves. After a few minutes of muffled silence. Then I roll over and grab my phone. I have a few messages from Corrbin, but I ignore them. I really want to talk to Mom about everything going on with Corrbin, but she is still vibrating from the adrenaline from the show.
So, instead I call Marisa, "hey how was the show?"
"Corrbin went home."
"Why?"
"His Dad showed up and he said he had to go protect his mom."
"Well, his dad is abusive. We both know this. Cassie has a lot on her plate with Coral and her issues. She's dealing with Corrbin's rise to fame. Then she finally gets away from the man who's made her life hell, then he shows up again. Corrbin had to be with his family." She explains the situation better than Corrbin did.
"But, he just left me here. All alone."
"River, that's ridiculous. You two do not have to be together 24-7. He has to be a part of this family situation. His family situation. He is doing something that needs to be done for his well being."
"But, I love him. I could have been there with him."
"And he loves you. This is a battle that he has to fight with his family. You need to relax and enjoy your time with your mom and dad. You and Corrbin have something really special that cannot be broken because you two are apart."
"Okay, I will do that m. Thank you, I really just needed to talk, I guess. I love you."
"I love you too, sweet girl. Oh, by the way you have a letter here at home."
"From who?"
"I don't know, there's no return address."
"Okay, well I guess I'll find out when I get home. Goodnight, miss you."
"Goodnight, miss you too."