Chapter 6

Friday
Rivers pov
Finally it's Friday I get up early to shower so I can dress up their showing the candidates for homecoming today. So Corrbin and I are dressing up and matching. I'm wearing a  blush color sweater with a white skater shirt and my black toms. Corbin is wearing a Blush colored button up with black skinny jeans and white converse. We have an assembly today instead of out last class where we have to play games and stuff. It should be fun. Then Max is gonna pick us from school and is taking Meadow, Corrbin and I to the airport he's gonna fly with us to New York for the show. Maddie doesn't get to go cuz she's behind in school. I'm so excited to sing for Corrbin. I finish getting dressed by the time Marisa gets here and shouts our first warning. I go into Meadow's room and lay next to her. She snuggles into me. "Creek." I whisper
"Hm?" She grunts.
"We get to see Mom and Dad today."
"I know I'm so excited. You think mom is gonna let me sing with her this time?"
"Do you think she won't, your such a good singer and I can't wait to see you on the stage."
"Dad said last night that we should prepare for paparazzi when we get there."
"Ugh that's gonna suck."
"Wanna know what Dad said I can tell them if their rude?"
"What did he say?"
"He said," she giggles, "he said I can call them cock suckers."
"OMG! That's awesome."
"It's super funny, I secretly hope they're  rude so I can call them that. And he said that as long as I don't get caught I can call Sarah a bitch and if she hits or pushes me I can hit her back."
"Wow, just remember the don't get caught part."
"Second warning!" Marisa yells.
"Okay I've got to finish getting ready, Im Gonna get my coffee then I'll be in my room if you need me."
"Wait."
"What's up?"
"I wanna dress up today. Will you pick out an outfit for me?"
"Yeah, get in the shower.I'll get your outfit out. It will be on the bed. Make sure everything is packed. We are leaving from school."
"Okay, thank you." I go into her closet and find her purple skater skirt and a pink shirt that says 'slay' on it and her pink converse.
Then I skip down to the kitchen, "good morning!" I chirp.
"Hey, good morning. You look beautiful Here's your coffee. Finish getting ready then pack you and Meadow's dance bags."
"Thank you and I will." I set my coffee on the table "Marisa."
"Yeah."
"I'm gonna miss you."
"Come here." I give her a hug and she kisses my forehead. "I gonna miss you too. I'm just a phone call away." I nod.
"Okay. I'm going to finish getting ready."
"Okay. Will you go flip Maddie's mattress first?"
"Of course, I love doing it."
"I love when you do it."
I take my coffee to my room then I to Maddie's room. "Maddie get up."
"Go away."
"Seriously, get up or I'll make you."
"Fine."
That was easier than I thought but she gets out of bed and goes into the bathroom. I go to my room and turn on my curling iron then start my makeup. I FaceTime Mom while I finish getting ready. "Hey, good morning."
"Hey baby, how are you?"
"I'm so excited!" I say. "You wanna see my outfit?"
"Yeah, give me a little twirl." I stand and twirl for Mom. "Wow I love it. I have a surprise, well two, for you and Meadow so make sure you bring you dance stuff."
"Okay."
"Riv, should I tuck my shirt in or no?" Meadow asks as she walks in.
"Tuck it in." Mom says.
"Momma! I miss you!" Meadow shrieks.
"I miss you too."
"Sit down I'll do your hair." I say pushing Meadow down into the chair.
"Mom, River's going to be homecoming queen."
"We don't know that yet, " I tell Meadow, "so do you want the usual it can I do something different?"
"Surprise me."
"I was telling River, that you need your dance stuff for a surprise. Don't forget your 'Who's Laughing Now' outfits." I nod and do Meadow's hair as she blabbers on and on.
"Breakfast!" Marisa yells.
I just finished Meadows hair, "Mom, we have to eat. We will see you tonight."
"Okay, don't forget your dance stuff. Love you."
"We won't. Love you too." Meadow and I say.
We go down to the kitchen. Meadow and I make a plate. "Is Maddie up?" Marisa asks.
"Yeah, I didn't have to flip her mattress."
"Awe. Did you get your dance bags packed?"
"No, but we will do that after breakfast."
"Okay, eat up. Meadow here's your Meds."
"I hate these." Meadow pouts. She says this every morning but she needs her ADHD meds otherwise she's like a squirrel on crack. We simply can not have that kind of behavior at school.
"Today's Friday you don't have to take them on the weekend, you'll be fine." I reassure hers.
We finish eating and pack our bags and set them by the door for Max to pick up before he picks us up. Maddie meets us in the car. We get to school and I drop Meadow off in her hall. "Have a good day, remember don't get caught and I'm a phone call or text away."
"Okay, love you."
"Love you."
I go to my locker and Corrbin is waiting for me. I give him a kiss. Julia's a few lockers down, "hey Julia will you take our picture?" I holler.
"Yeah. Only if I can get one with my bestie too."
"Okay." She's never called me her bestie before but it's cool.
"Smile." She says and snaps a pic.
"My turn." I take a pic with her. The bell rings an I get my math book. "Hey, will you two sit with me at lunch. I have a question for you two."
"Yeah sure." Corrbin and I go to class and before we know it, it's lunch time. I meet Meadow and we get our lunch then go sit with Julia. "Hey I hope it's okay, Meadow is here."
"Yeah of course. Meadow you know how cool you will be because you're sitting with freshmen and seniors."
"Yeah doubt it. River guess what?"
"What?"
"I called Sarah a bitch."
"OMG! What happened."
"She cried and told the teacher but since she's a liar I just told my teacher I didn't and she believed me."
"Dude, your sister is a bad ass." Julia's boyfriend Taylor says giving Meadow a high five.
"So Riv, Corrbin, Taylor and I were wondering if you guys wanted to be in out homecoming group?"
"Group?" Corrbin asks with his mouth full.
"Corrbin, manners." I say.
"Ha, Corrbin you got River's mom voice. Anyways Riv doesn't like seafood. Watch, River."
"No don't." I chuckle and close my eyes.
"Corrbin, do it!" Meadow giggles, "come on SEE FOOD!"
I open my eyes and look around the table and everyone as their tongues out with food. "Ugh, y'all are so gross. Close your mouths! Julia we would love to be in your group." We finish lunch and go to class.
Then Corrbin and I are called out early and we get ready for the assembly. The student counsel introduces the nominees. Then we start the games. The first one is a relay race with scooters but we lost. Then out of nowhere the entire school starts chanting Meadow and my name. All of a sudden Julia has the microphone and said, "here's River and Meadow Lovato with a surprise dance." Meadow walks down into the center on the gym and takes her nightingale position. So I do the same. Then the music comes on and we do our dance. Then Julia takes the microphone, "our half time show. Now we have two more little competitions. First a singing, well more like a saranation contest. We will let our freshies go first. Corrbin will be singing first."
"Hello everyone, my name is Corrbin and I'll be singing 'Our Song' by Taylor Swift." The song starts and he prances around me like an idiot. He's so cute. Everyone goes after and then we go for the vote and Corrbin and I win.
Then the day is over. Max picks us up and we stop by Corrbin's house to get his stuff then we head to the airport.