Chapter 18

Nick's POV 

"We have to go!" Demi screams at me. I'm still confused as to what is going on. I all I know is Demi is screaming belligerently at me to get Meadow a go bag, to get myself ready to go home. I don't know. I do as I'm told, I know on Max's door and ask him to get the car ready. He's as confused as I am. He nods anyway. I go into Meadows room, and pack her some clothes and some stuff to keep her busy. I decide not to wake her up, I go back to Demi and I's room, and grab a bag and stuff some clothes in. 

As I wait for Demi to finish getting ready I call Marisa. It rings twice and she answers, "hello?" she asks yawning. 

"What's going on?"

"What do you mean?" 

"River called, and now Demi has decided that we are coming home, now." 

"What?" 

"I don't know, can you get a hold of River and find out what the hell is going on." 

"Yeah, I'll call you as soon as I know anything." 

I hang up the phone just as Max texts me that he's ready in the car. I go to tell Demi, but she's screaming into the phone, "I said, it's over. I understand people have pre-ordered their tickets, but the tour is fucking over. Phil, listen to me. I don't care what you have to do, refund all the tickets, my lovatics will understand, send them a t-shirt." she stops, "what? I know, you will get paid you prick. I will pay for all the t-shirts just fucking do it." She turns to me. I flinch at the look in her eyes. 

"daddy?" Meadow whispers. 

"Come on." I pick her up, "Max has the car. we're ready, are you?" I ask Demi. She nods, then starts typing on her phone. My phone starts to ping vigorously. 

"Where are we going?" Meadow asks. 

"Home." 

"Why?" 

"I don't know. close your eyes." She does. I put her in her in the front seat next to max. I climb in the back with Demi. 

Demi grabs my hand as I dig my phone out of my pocket. My screen is full of text from Demi. 

Demi: River just called me and said that Maddie's dying. 

Demi: I called Phil, I canceled the tour. 

Demi: I texted Jessica, I told her for now Meadow's not going on tour. 

Demi: Marisa doesn't know anything. When she left at nine, Maddie was in her room working on homework. River was in the shower, and had her homework out, Marisa thought everything was fine, so she went home.   River, didn't say anything except Maddie's dying, she puked and then she hung up. I'm scared. 

I look over at Demi and she's bawling. I don't know what to do Maddie's dying. As far as we know that all we know. Everything is spinning out of control. I don't know what to do. We have a week and half until we go on vacation, I don't know if that will even happen know.