Chapter 9

Meadows pov
The first surprise with Miss Abby was nice, but everyone beside Mackenzie only cared about River. 'Oh, River I love your music, you're such a great dancer...' blah blah blah. I have to admit that it made me jealous. This morning with Mom pissed me off, I knew she wouldn't get it. River found her dress and is trying it on while Dad and I go get ice cream. "So little one... what was the shouting about this morning?" Dad asks.
"I don't want to talk about it." I grumble.
"Well, here's the deal... I can hear the problem from you and see what I can do before we talk with Mom about it tomorrow."
I sigh, "I hate school, Daddy. I hate it." I say as my eyes water up.
"Why?"
"Everyone is mean to me and I have no friends... Dad, it hurts my heart. I don't know why the don't like me. I'm nice to everyone."
"What do they say and do?"
"They say that you and Mom hate me. That's why you guys go on tour. They say I'm fat and ugly. They call me a teachers pet. They push me into the lockers. I even had to stop going to recess because they hit me. "
"Baby, why didn't you tell me earlier?"
"Because you weren't there and I was gonna ask you later, but River blabbed to Mom. I didn't want to tell her because all she'll say is stay strong and all that crap. I'm tired of trying to stay strong. On top of that Maddie is so horrible. She told the girls that pick on me that I'm adopted. So, now they think that no one wants me. I hate it there. I'll kill myself before I go back there."
"Hey, look a me." Dad says.
I look up, "I'm gonna get you out of there, but you promise me that you will do your best until we figure something out. Meadow, I need you to listen to me very carefully. If you ever feel like hurting yourself you let River or Marisa know. Okay?"
"Okay, daddy."
"I'm serious, pinky promise me right now."
I pinky promise him. Then we finished our ice cream.
Corrbin's pov
River goes into the dressing room with Demi to try on the dress. I'm left alone with my thoughts. I hope my mom is okay. Coral is a handful these days. I feel bad for leaving but I'm starting my life. Just then River comes out and I gasp.
"You don't like it?"she asks sheeply.
"You're so beautiful." I whisper as I stand. "Turn around." She gives me a slow twirl. When she faces me, I give her a small kiss on the cheek.
"Alright, we'll get it fitted, go take it off, then we can go find some shoes." Demi says. River goes back into the dressing room and that's when Demi turns to me with soft eyes, "how are you, Corrbin?"
"I'm good."
"No, you're not. I can see it and River can see it."
"Just got a lot on my mind."
"About?"
"I don't want to talk about it."
"Alright, whenever you are ready, I'm just a phone call away and you always have River."
"Demi?"
"Hm?"
"I love River with all my heart and she means the world to me. I just want you to know that. I love her."
"I know, she loves you too."
After River comes out she grabs my hand and we pay for the dress. Demi calls Nick and they meet us at the converse store. "Are you really gonna wear converse with your dress?" I ask her.
"Of course, I wanna dance." She says.
I chuckle. We find two pairs of blush converse. Meadow finds a pair of silver converse. We check out then Demi says, "we have time to find Corrbin a tux and then we can look around."
We all agree it's a good thing my mom gave me money. We go into a men's warehouse and River goes nuts. We're not even in there for five minutes before she has my suit picked out, it's black with a white shirt, a blush vest with silver stitching. I try it on but I know that I don't have enough money. I'm embarrassed when we go up to the register. I pull out my wallet, "put that away." Nick says.
"I have a hundred." I mumble.
"And I have hundreds. This is on me."
I nod. After that store we walk around for a little. Demi and Buck take meadow into a toy store, while River and I go grab some coffee. Then we meet back up and hit the canst store, before it is time to go.
We go back to the hotel and everyone goes to take a nap while River and I watch tv in the living room. By watch tv I mean that the tv is on while we make out, then talk, then make out again. Eventually we fall sleep.