My Girl

Leo's POV

It's our first anniversary and we are on vacation. Being with Angel has been the best thing to ever happen to me. Am planning on asking her to be my girlfriend and hopefully move in with me. Yes, I have been with her for a year and never asked her to move in with me or put a label on our relationship. The truth is my past is as complicated as hers, we both had trust issues but mine were a little extreme, I admit. I have made sure that we have never been seen in public, she does not know my family or what I do besides being a businessman.

Honestly, I haven't bothered asking her either. I have avoided that because being too transparent is what almost made me lose everything last time but I think am ready this time and I think I can trust her, finally. I know this because as much as I tried to shower her with gifts every now and then, she has never asked for more, she even told me to stop giving her stuff. I have been avoiding getting too close and knowing her friends because am still scared. Yeah, am just not there yet but am willing to try now.

Scott has been trying to lecture me for the past few months that, women like assurance, and if I continue to not label us then Angel might decide to find someone who will. The thought terrified me and caused me to plan a vacation for us, something romantic just the way she liked it, and just make it official. I intend to tell her about me, the real me.

"Baby are you ok?", her sweet voice reached my ears as her arms circled my waist from behind. She was a tiny little thing for a plus-sized woman but fit perfectly to my body, I swear she was made for me, jokes aside. I pulled her to the side and trap her under my armpit kissing the hell out of her cute lips, my hand resting on her amazing bouncy butt.

Man! Her curves drive me crazy, it reminded me of when we started dating, how insecure she was about her body, it took me a while to make her believe that she was perfect, and although she didn't believe me, she was trying to warm up to the idea now and am happy with what I see. Her chocolate skin is exposed for the world to see as she rocks a one-piece swimsuit, letting my eyes scan her body shamelessly. "Mmnh, you look beautiful babe", I told her making her shy away. Yap! One year later and my compliments still make her feel shy, I swear this woman will be the death of me. "Are we still going to the beach?", "Yes love...let's go", I tell her as I pull her out of our cottage towards the turquoise-coloured ocean.

"This place is amazing", she said as I took a picture of her walking on the shore swaying her hips slowly, she looked amazing in her costume, and wearing my sunglasses made her picture perfect as always. Yes, I love taking pictures of Angel because it's a reminder of how I want her to be whenever she is with me. I saw a waiter passing by and asked him to take a picture of us.

We found a spot and sat in silence enjoying the sound of the waves and the sand beneath our toes. "You are one weird person, Leo, you make this fuss about coming to the ocean and you don't even bother getting in, I mean... really?", it's the same complaint every time making me laugh. "You already did that for both of us. I just don't like the aftermath OK?", I replied making her laugh in return, her laugh was magical. I pulled her in for another kiss, a deeper one making her toes curl and a moan reach my ears. I love how she responds to me.

After the sunset we went to the restaurant for dinner, I told the Chef to make sure her slice of cake had a question on it. "Chocolate cake, yum...Oh god", her eyes are like saucers at this point looking at the question on her plate then me, then back to the plate. She started to nod so quickly that I felt like she was going to faint. "Will you be my girlfriend Angel?", I asked keeping eye contact, I saw tears and rushed towards her hugging her so tight like I was afraid she would disappear. "Yes. I'll be your girlfriend", she answers in between cries making me smile and kiss her forehead. One down one to go. We finished dessert and headed back to our cottage where I was rewarded generously for my commitment.

"So... am the president of Specter worldwide and am also a partner at Gravity Constructions.", "What? The Specter... Specter group of companies?". Her eyes were full of questions. I allowed her to ask me all the questions she had in mind which I ended up regretting because the woman can talk. The only thing that encouraged me to move on was she was interested in me as a businessman. Knowing how I could manage all the stress and different companies at the same time, not how much am worth.

She was happy that I shared that part of my life with her and her eyes were full of pride making me feel happy that I accomplished something my family never appreciated me for. She made me feel like a weight had been moved off my shoulders. "So that's me. I can't wait for you to meet my family", I finished. "Thank you for opening up to me Leo, it means a lot to me". She said kissing the top of my head. I wanted to wait but I just had to get it over with, "Angel, I want you to move in with me", I thought she would panic but she had a warm smile on her face and promised me, she was going to think about it and tell me what she decided. That was better than a NO.

I made love to her the whole night and made sure to leave her satisfied, we were celebrating our official label after all. By the time I was satisfied with having my way with her it was close to four in the morning, I spooned her and threw a blanket on us.