Bygones

"Surprise!!!", people shouted when we walked into the house. "Shit!", he said with his hand on his heart. "Papa said a bad word Granny", Aaron told Valentina making us laugh. "No I didn't", he said playfully making Aaron furrow his brows and Leo do the same. They looked so cute. It was like Leo was looking in the mirror.

"Go tell Papa happy birthday", Valentina said and they ran to him and hugged him. "Happy birthday papa", they said at the same time earning an 'aaawww' from everyone. When they finally pulled back, the rest of the family took turns hugging him. It was all sunshine and rainbow until he spotted Sofia. 

"What is she doing here?", he asked me with a warning tone. "She wants to talk baby. Please... just hear her out", I said making him furrow his brows as he went to his office. Sofia followed. "I think you should go as well", Bella suggested but I declined. They had to do it themselves.

"Where's Janet?", I asked trying to look around. "Oh, she's running late but she told me she was on her way", Bella assured me as we went back to see if everyone had a drink and a snack.

"Hey, Sis. Sorry I'm late, can we talk for a minute", Janet said looking nervous. I nodded and followed her to the kitchen where I found the two people that I never thought I would ever see again. They looked old and stressed. 

"Janet, why are they here?", I asked feeling my body tremble with rage. "Angel please don't kick us out. We're just here to apologise", Mum said making me chuckle with more tears in my eyes. "Angel, sweetheart please forgive us", Dad said while crying too. "So what? You're not ashamed of having a pornstar for a daughter anymore? What about your family image? I'll destroy it", I said wiping tears away. Ivan walked in and looked at me, his eyebrows met. 

"Mr. Specter, we're not here to cause any problems. We just want to ask for forgiveness. Please", my Dad said making me turn to Ivan whose face had softened. "Angel, do you want them here?", he asked me and before I could answer Janet squeezed my hand lightly. "Yes, I want to hear them out", I said making Janet release a breath. He turned to my so-called parents, "Gabriel, Ellen I'm only allowing you to stay because Angel wants you here, make no mistake, I will bury you if I find out you're here to exploit her so that you rebuild your empire", he stated then walked out of the kitchen.

I found myself laughing. They looked confused. Janet looked disappointed. "You didn't know did you?", I asked her and she shook her head bowing her head in shame. "So that's why you're here. You couldn't ask Grant coz he paid the last debt you had so you decided to use Janet to get to me huh?", I asked and they remained silent. It was very disappointing.

"Angel, please... all we need is your help to pay off the bank and we will give you 50% shares of the business", Dad finally said making me chuckle. "That's never going to happen. I suggest you get out of my house before I call security" We both turned to the kitchen entrance to find Leo with Aaron sleeping on his shoulder. He looked pissed. "Leo, our business is worth it. You know the numbers", he said making Leo pull out his phone. "Kitchen", he said, and a few minutes later two security guards entered and pulled my parents out. Janet wanted to go to them but I held her by the wrist. 

"They don't deserve your love, Janet. Tell me you see that too", I told her making her start crying. I pulled her to my shoulder and let her cry the pain away. She had high hopes and I didn't blame her. We both wanted to fix the relationship we had with our parents but I wasn't about to use Leo's wealth to do it.

"Have you guys seen Janet?", Grant asked entering the kitchen. "What happened?", he asked. "Our parents used her to get me. They need someone to invest in their business and Leo was the perfect fit", I said making him furrow his brows. 

"Fuck! I knew they were up to something. I can't believe we fell for it again", he said running his hand through his hair. "It's not your fault. They're just manipulators", I said making Janet pull back. Her eyes met Grant's and she went to him and hugged him tight, like he was the only source of sanity she had. It made me smile. I turned and looked for Leo but he was nowhere to be seen. I recalled Aaron being asleep so I went to the twins' room and found him putting Audrey asleep. I leaned on the door and watched him as he gave both of them a kiss on the forehead and turned. His eyes met mine and we both smiled.

He pulled me to the hallway and kissed me like there was no tomorrow. I melted into his arms making him lift me, my legs on his waist his hands on my ass cheeks. We heard someone clear their throat making us turn to see a blushing Valentina. "It's dinner time", she said then walked away quickly making me chuckle. Leo kissed my forehead and then released me. "Let's go birthday boy", i said pulling him to the dining room.

"I believe it's time for us to say what we're grateful for", Ivan said making us all nod.

Bella: I'm grateful for my husband. I know that I can be a handful but you always endure me and I promise to be better for you. I love you Tyler.

Tyler: I'm grateful for Bella, for being herself around me. She has made me the happiest man alive by just being right next to me.

Victor: I'm grateful for everyone who's at this table. The fact that we're able to put aside our differences and share a meal is priceless to me.

Cruz: I'm grateful for the willingness to change and cut loose ends.

Sofia: I'm grateful for Angel. Without her, I wouldn't have got my brother back. I wouldn't have understood the true meaning of love. Thank you.

Janet: I'm grateful for my sister. Without her, I wouldn't have gotten an extended family. All of you have been a dream come true. I always thought that I was alone but here I am.

She said gesturing to us all making us blow kisses at her and saluting for the men across the table.

Grant: I'm grateful to be part of this family. It was always Janet and I but now I have parents, brothers, and sister-in-laws.

"Might as well change your last name too", Ivan joked making us all laugh.

Valentina: I'm grateful for my family. I pray that our bond remains strong forever. I love you all.

"We love you too Mum", we said at the same time making her get all emotional.

Ivan: I'm grateful for my grandkids. Lord knows they keep me into shape and of course, there's the rest of you too.

That made us all laugh.

Me: I'm grateful for Leo. Not chasing you away when you sat next to me at that conference was the best decision I ever made. I love you, baby.

He pulled me in a kiss until Valentina told us to behave. I gave him a last peck making him smile. His amazing blue eyes met mine and all I saw was love and admiration.

Leo: I'm grateful for my wife. I've made so many mistakes but she's always forgiven me and I promise to spend the rest of my life making it up to you. I love you, wife.

He said getting 'aaawwws' from across the table. It made me feel shy but also loved. I pulled him in for another kiss. "I love you more husband", i said making him smile. At that moment I knew that Leo and I could survive anything.

The End

🎄🎄🎄🎄

🎄🎄🎄🎄Happy Holidays and Thank you for reading🥰🎄🎄🎄🎄

🎄🎄🎄🎄