Chapter 1: Finally, L.A. again

Hello
I have only been in SWAT fever for 2 weeks and am currently watching the first seasons.
I would be happy if you would read my story. I don't know exactly where my story will end up:) Let's see what ideas come up over writing.
If there are errors in the text, then I am sorry, but I am not from Germany, but from Luxembourg and there can be a mistake.

So, now have fun with the first chapter

LG fcb25
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Emma had just landed in L.A. and took a deep breath. It was quite hot today. But she was happy to be back here. She had been in Chicago for a long time. But now she was finally back home. With a smile on her face, she pressed her sunglasses into her long dark-brow hair, then got on the bus. After she finally had her suitcases, she made her way outside. But the airport here was a big disaster. People criss-crossed, you could hardly see anyone.
Suddenly, she discovered a poster with her name on it.

"Hey" she was received laughing.
"Jessica, hey" she hugged her friend.
" So beautiful that you are back. I missed you so much the last few years" Jessica took her friend in her arms.
" Yes, I'm happy too. Nice that you pick me up. This is still my home, even though my family has been living in Santa Barbara for a few years."
"That's not out of the world," smiled her friend and looked at the brown-haired one.
"Wow, you still look awesome," she laughed and packed a suitcase.
"Come on, let's disappear," Emma said, grabbing the rest of her stuff.

Jessica took her to her new apartment. Yesterday their moving boxes had already arrived and thus the great chaos would prevail there.
"You really have a nice apartment"
" Thank you, in Chicago I lived with a friend, I was able to save a lot to afford this apartment now. I'm also proud of it," she smiled as she turned off her things and Jessica Cortez looked around.
"Wasn't it difficult for you to leave Chicago?" the dark-haired woman wanted to know.
" Not really. But a few people I will miss "
a man," Cortez grinned.
" No. But I will miss Hailey very much. Like wise Sylvie. The 3 of us were already really good friends. We already had a small nice group together"
"maybe the friendship will stay that way, it worked out for us"
"Yes, maybe."
" okay, I'll let you arrive now. We see and tomorrow morning at 08 o'clock at swat"
" well thanks. See you tomorrow.

When Jessica was gone, she got to work. Fortunately, the apartment had already been sold furnished. At that time she had really liked the apartment so much and was happy to be able to take over everything like that. Now all she had to do was finish setting herself up. She started with her clothes. She had a lot in her suitcase and there was also a lot in the boxes. As she unpacked, she completely wasted time. It wasn't until it got dark that she realized that she had already been setting up her apartment for 6 hours, but still had no food in the house and still no car. Luckily, there was a larger shop underneath the street, where she would certainly get a lot, which would last until tomorrow. After the SWAT tomorrow, she would look for a car.
Full of motivation, she went to the store and quickly got the bare necessities. While waiting at the checkout, she noticed strange figures in front of the store. Immediately she reacts, pulled out her cell phone and called a number.

"Jessica, I'm in the shop down the street" she did not come further, the shop was already stormed.
" all go down. Immediately open the cash registers, otherwise people will die here" shouted 2 men with masks.
Emma still had Jessica on the line and tried to read the situation. Behind her was a mother with 2 toddlers. Everyone was really scared and the little one was shaking.
"Hey, I'm Emma. I am from SWAT. I will protect you, you hear" she smiled at the family and approached them.
"Down, or do they want to die," shouted one of the perpetrators and held the gun on Emma.
" already good. But the little one is afraid" she sat down with the little one and took her in her arms. The perpetrator had run back to the cash registers.
"Emma, do you hear me" they heard from their mobile phones.
"Yes," she whispered.
" The team is there in 2 min. Are there any injured?"
"no"
" Okay, it's getting loud now. On my sign, they throw themselves at their son, okay" Emma looked at the young mother. She just nodded. Sarah looked outside. She could see a small movement that others would not notice.
"Now," she said quietly, throwing herself at the girl.
" SWAT; drop the weapons" it became loud and shots were fired. After 10 seconds it was quiet.
"Perpetrators turned off" they suddenly heard. That was Emma's cue. She stood up and looked for the mother and her son.
"Are they okay?" Emma wanted to know.
" Yes, thank you very much. Without her" the woman hugged her.
" With pleasure. I am happy that I was able to help them"
After the woman was allowed to go home with her children, Emma made her way to the SWAT group.
" Hello. I'm Emma Foster. I will start at SWAT tomorrow," she greeted the others.
" Hello. I'm Hondo. The team leader. Looking forward to meeting you. Maybe you'll join us in the team," he smiled and shook her hand. He also quickly introduced the others who briefly said hello.
"We have to go. we'll see you tomorrow morning," said Hondo.
"Yes, see you tomorrow"
The managing director was now also on site to close the shop.
"Could I still pay for these things please? I only arrived today and I have nothing in the house. Please" Emma could understand that he just wanted to close.
"They get it for otherwise. The officer told me that the perpetrators could be caught by them. I want to thank them. Take it with you and come back tomorrow and take what you need. That goes to the house. Thank you very much." He shook her hand.
"I was very happy to do that. Thank you very much" with her things she went home.

She quickly put a pizza in the oven. She didn't feel like more and she was tired. Armed with the pizza, she lay down on the couch and turned on the TV, then she had fallen asleep. Luckily, she had set an alarm before she lay down on the couch.
She was totally looking forward to the work, it could only get better than the last team. Freshly showered and after a small breakfast she made her way to SWAT.
There in front of the door, Jessica was already waiting for her.

"And are you ready?" she greeted her old friend.
"Yes, I am. Do you already know which team I will join," Emma wanted to know.
"No, Hicks decided that. He will give me the envelope yet. There are 2 women and one man divided. I can't tell you. But all 3 teams are okay"
" well then go" she laughed and followed Jessica inside.
"and you, have the box here well under control" Emma wanted to know.
" I think so. It's not easy as a woman," she commented.
"I believe you immediately"
"Do I need to know something specific?" the brown-haired woman wanted to know.
" not really. But if you join Hondo's team. Be lenient with Deacon. He lost his wife a few months ago. A tumor"
" Oh no, how terrible. Thank you for warning me""
Yes, he gnaws a lot at it. He has 3 children and they loved each other very much. She was a real treasure, also for all of us"
"I'm sorry," Emma said honestly and followed Jessica into the meeting room.

"Would they all come, please," Cortez called them all together. When everyone got together, Hicks arrived and handed cortez the envelope. Good morning, as explained yesterday, some teams will be increased to
7, the city wants to see if it helps to be even better. And that's why the first 3 teams will now get a new member. I don't want to torture them for long.
Team Walters : Welcome Roman Smith
Team Mumford: Welcome Emily Sander
Team Honda: Welcome Emma Foster
So, I wish you every success here. I always have an open ear for them. And now they're getting to know their team," Cortez smiled at her people and left the room.
" So, then again officially. I'm Hondo" he shook her hand again.
" Hello. Emma"
"You've already been to SWAT in Chicago, Cortez told me," he began the conversation.
" Yes, I was 3 years in New York and 4 years in Chicago at SWAT. But I always wanted to go back to my home town of L.A. And when I saw the tender, it was clear to me that this was my chance. And now I'm here," she smiled.
" well then, on good cooperation. Chris shows you everything" then he was already gone, as were the other guys. Only Chris was left.
" Welcome to the team. Come on, I'll show you everything. Especially our Betty"
"Betty" confused Emma looked at her colleague.
" Our Black Betty "
you have a name for it," she laughed. Laughing, they both went outside.
Cortez stood in the hallway and looked after them.
"And, what do you think?" asked Hondo.
"I think she will fit perfectly into our team. And she's good at her job and I'm glad she's back here"
Well then" he grinned and disappeared.