Chapter 26: New regulation

Hello

so there I am again with a new chapter. Let's see what happens to Deacon and Emma.

Have fun.

LG

And then she started coughing. You could hear everyone exhaling happily at that moment. She lived. Tim immediately took her in his arms and tried to calm down. In the meantime, Tan had brought in the paramedics who had just arrived. Tim made way for her to be examined.
"We take them to the hospital. It must be completely checked," said the emergency doctor.
Tim drove along while they got ready for others to go to the headquarters.
"Boah, already crass," Tan said as they packed up.
"You can say that out loud" Street was also something off the roll.
" Imagine. You don't think anything and go out with a nice guy who turns out to be a serial killer. The fact that he was even there as the guard shows how unscrupulous this guy was," Chris said.
"I want to thank you all without you" next to them stood Sgt. Grey.
"Very gladly," Hondo smiled and shook his hand. They left for the headquarters again and everyone was happy that today was over. It was already dark and just before midnight. Emma had just changed when she saw an email. She was from her therapist, who asked when she would go to Chicago so they could complete the final part of the therapy. But she ignored the mail that evening.
"Night people" she said goodbye and drove to the hospital. She wanted to see what was right and also whether everything was okay with Tim so far. On the way, a message came again, which she read when she arrived at the hospital.
Deacon: Hey, luckily you found the policewoman. Are you okay?"
Emma: Yes, I'm okay so far. Thank you for asking. I quickly drive to the hospital and then home.
Deacon: Good. Can we please talk tomorrow? It's important to
me Emma: Sure, we can do it. See you tomorrow.
She got out and looked for Tim. After a few minutes, she found what she was looking for. He was sitting by her bedside and had fallen asleep.

"Hey" she went in quietly. He woke up. She presented him with a bag.
" I should give it to you from Angela. She has locked your gun and you should get out of your clothes," she smiled. She had stopped at the guard on the way to take new clothes with her.
"What do the doctors say?" Emma wanted to know.
"You are not allowed to tell me anything. We have to wait for their parents. But the doctor, is an acquaintance of a colleague. She just said half an hour later and it would have been too late" he was visibly struggling with himself. Emma walked up to him and took him briefly in her arms.
"Hey, we have her and she's alive. That's the most important thing for now. You like them, don't you?"
Tim broke away from the embrace.
"Yes, she has real power this woman, she also brings me to the palm very often, but never before have I entrusted a rookie more than her," he admitted.
"Okay," Grinned Emma.
"What?" asked Tim. She knew him, he had always been the strong one on the outside and didn't want to come across softly, but this woman in that bed had probably done it to him.
"I think it's not just the professional one," she grinned.
Tim looked to the ground in shame.
"is okay, does she know?" she wanted to know. He shook his head.
" I have only now really checked it. So enough of me. What do you like, is there anyone?"
"Next question please," she laughed.
"Okay, what's his name?" Tim had to laugh for the first time that day.
"His name is Deacon, he's my colleague and we kissed this morning," she said quickly.
" okay, but you don't sound happy"
" well, he lost his wife a little over a year ago, has 3 children. I like him very, really, maybe I'm a little in love too. But I don't know if he sees it that way. He loved his wife very much"
" Then you have to talk to him. That's the only way you can find out," he gave her the same answer as Chris had already done. Then the door opened and the parents came in. Emma quickly said goodbye and drove home. She just wanted to go to bed.

Late in the morning she went back to work, with a very strange feeling. Once there, she already saw Deacon's car. She took another deep breath and went in. There she immediately met Tan.
"Tomorrow"
"Tomorrow" she said cheerfully to cover up her fear.
"Where are the others?" she wanted to know.
"Everyone is still in the locker room," he smiled and went to the kitchen.
"Morning" she pushed open the door and entered the locker room. Everyone greeted back. She immediately went to her locker and changed her clothes. Gradually, all but Deacon disappeared. He came closer to her.

"Hey"
Hey" she said quietly and looked into her locker.
"Emma, please look at me," he told her. He wanted to talk to her and look her in the eye.
She turned her head and looked at him."
Deacon. I also don't know what happened yesterday. There was just like that... I know you only love Anni and I'm sorry. I didn't want to jeopardize our friendship or put you in this situation, I know..." then she was stopped by placing his finger on her lips.
"May I do too?" he asked with a smile.
"Yes, sorry" she wanted to look at the ground again, but he stopped her by putting his fingers under her chin.
"Why should it be your fault? I wanted it at that moment just like you. Emma, I know what it means. I hadn't expected to feel something for anyone again after Anni's death. But I like you a lot and I like to be with you. But I don't know if I'm ready to get involved in something yet. Maybe we can just see what happens" he looked at her questioningly.
She was surprised, pleasantly surprised. She was about to say something, when her cell phone rang.

"A moment" she smiled and walked in.
"YES, hello"
" Hello, Miss Cooper. Yes, I'm in the process of planning my trip to Chicago, it will probably be next weekend. I'll get in touch when I know more," then she hung up.
"Crap" she cursed inwardly, but then looked up at Deacon again.
"Would it help you if I come along" it came from him.
"Thank you, that's nice, but I don't want the kids not to see you for a weekend because of me."
" they are with my mother-in-law next weekend. Anni's sister is there over the weekend. And the children want to see them. However, we do not get along with each other. So they go there alone for the weekend. So I would have time"
"Are you really sure?" she asked again.
"Yes, otherwise I wouldn't have offered it," he grinned.
" okay, then I book us 2 flights. Thank you Deacon... and as far as that with us is concerned. We can see what happens in the future," she smiled and wanted to leave the locker room, but he pulled her back and kissed her. The kiss was just like the first one a day ago.
"So now we are quit," he grinned and walked past her, outside.
It took her a moment to let the whole thing sink in, but then she also went to the others when suddenly Cortez joined them.

" Hello. I got a new regulation here for the L.A.P.D. which I would like to tell you, so listen carefully"
" The L.A.P:D. from now on a relationship within a team or within the L.A.P:D. on the condition that the commander is immediately initiated into the relationship and can act depending on the situation. If difficulties arise that jeopardize the team or safety, it can lead to transfers."
"How easy?" asked Hondo.
"Yes, it seems to me so," Said Jessica but looked knowingly to Emma. Now everyone was looking at the young colleague.
"What are you looking at me now?" she laughed. "I just told the mayor that you can't choose who you fall in love with and that it wouldn't always be beneficial for the L.A.P.D if 2 people loved each other but weren't allowed to show it."
She couldn't look fast enough, when Hondo had already taken her in her arms.
"Thank you" he had whispered in her ear and when he broke away from his ear you could already hear the whistling. Street and Chris stood in the kitchen and cuddled around.
'Okay, I think Hicks will have some work to do today," Laughed Luca and sat down with his bun.
Street had taken a cloth and thrown it at Luca's head, which made everyone laugh. Then Deacon looked at Hondo and Jessica.
" Come on, now nothing stands in your way. You can be free," he smiled at them.Hondo
took Jessica in his arms from behind.
"Come, let's go to Hicks." If he breathed softly, then he looked at his team.
" Thank you guys for keeping tight. That's why I would say everyone at my house tonight. Deacon brings the children" then the two were gone
"Boah, you can't take a room" grinned Tan, because Chris and Street were already kissing around again.Everyone
started laughing and luckily the rest of the day remained peaceful. Street and Chris had ventured into the lion's den after jessica and Hondo. He had accepted it, but he had made it clear to the 4 that he would not allow any difficulties in the team.

They ended the evening very comfortably with Hondo and Luca had also brought someone with her, which made everyone very happy. Kelly got along great with Deacon's children and so the evening was very nice and everyone had fun.

The week flew by and the day of departure to Chicago was due. Emma's feelings were mixed. She was looking forward to a weekend with Deacon alone, even if she didn't know what that would mean for both of them, but she was also afraid to face it. The doorbell rang.
"Are you ready?" he asked her lovingly.
"Yes, I am," she took a deep breath, took her suitcase and was ready to face her past.