Chapter 29: what's in the air

Hello

there I am again. Sorry, had a few difficult days.

So much fun reading.

LG

The stars were shining in the sky. It was very quiet on the beach. You could only hear the water rushing. Emma turned to Deacon and looked him in the eye. They shone much more than usual that evening. He also looked deep into her eyes and at that moment he realized he was ready for a new phase in his life. He took both hands and put them on her cheek. Slowly he pulled her closer to him and put his lips on hers. The two of them put their feelings from that evening into this kiss. Both completely ignored what was happening around them. In that one moment, there was only the two of them and this sign of their affection for each other.
It wasn't until Deacon realized that Emma was starting to tremble that he broke away from her.
"Let's go back to the hotel," he whispered softly. He held out a hand to her so that he could pull her up with him. He immediately pulled her closer to him.
"So that you don't freeze me to the hotel," he grinned. He put an arm around her. They strolled along the small stretch of beach back to the city and to their hotel.

At the hotel, Emma immediately went to the bathroom. She quickly took a hot shower to get her warm again. Wrapped around her head with a towel and her pajamas, she came back into the room. Deacon had to grin at the sight, she looked cute.
"You can go to the bathroom now, I can do my hair here too," she smiled. He nodded gratefully and also disappeared into the bathroom. She quickly took care of her hair and put it to bed. The bed was quite big and also wide, but Emma was still a little nervous that they would sleep in a bed. The last time, the situation had been something else. And she didn't know how to act. She would love to snuggle up to him and fall asleep tightly with him. On the other hand, she was also afraid that he might push her back. Maybe he wasn't ready to get involved in the whole thing yet,Deacon

leaned against the bathroom door in a T-shirt and boxer short, he saw that she was thinking and could already imagine where her problem was. He already knew her quite well and in the morning she had already been uncomfortable that she had to share a room.
"All right," he asked, which made her look to him. And at this sight she had to swallow hard.
"Mmm" she just said quickly and sat up in bed. Deacon noticed that her nervousness was getting worse and worse. He grinned briefly, walked towards the bed and lay down inside.
"What do you wish for?" he said quietly after turning off the big light and the room was
lit only by a small dessert lamp"What do you mean?" she asked.
"I see that you are totally fidgety here, so what are your thoughts or desires" he looked at them gently.
" eh..." she scratched the back of her head a little embarrassed.
" Actually, I would like to snuggle up to you. But I don't want you to think..." then she broke off and looked at the mattress. Before she could really react, 2 strong arms pulled her closer to him and he lay down.

"That's a good thing," he quietly breathed into her ear. She had completely snuggled up to him from behind and enjoyed lying in his strong arms. He stroked her arms with his fingers, which she just enjoyed. Both had their eyes closed and just enjoyed the moment. She enjoyed the little touches from him. These suddenly made her a little more courageous. She turned her head and kissed him tenderly. He immediately returned the kiss, but did not stop touching her arm. For her it felt good, for a long time she had not had these feelings when touched and this now gave her to become a little braver, she turned so that she suddenly lay on top of him and intensified the kiss between the two. Deacon began to stroke her back as they kissed. Her fingers had also wandered over Deacon's body, but suddenly Emma noticed that her body was tensing as she touched his upper body. But that's what she wanted here. She tried to ignore the signals. She immediately put her lips back on Deacon's. But he immediately noticed what was going on. He interrupted the kiss. He took both hands and put them on her cheek.
"We should stop Emma here," he said very quietly.
"but why" she asked, but her voice was brittle. He pulled them down into his arms, but this time so that they could look into each other's eyes.
"Emma, I don't want you to force yourself to do something you're not ready for yet, you hear," he said very gently, stroking a strand behind her ear with his fingers.
"But I want it" she was close to tears.
"You may want Emma, but your body isn't ready yet. And that's totally normal. It's all good." He wiped a tear from her and kissed her lovingly. Then he pulled himself very close to himself.
"You don't always have to have sex to be very close," he breathed softly.
"You've been through a lot. Gives your body and yourself the chance to take it slow. You don't have to rush anything"
"But, me, you..." then she broke off.
" Emma, everything is fine. We've said we'll see where that goes between us. And that's what I really want to try. I can't promise you that I'm ready for a new relationship. And I just don't want you to try to do something now that you don't really want to do yet. You should not think that you have to do this for me to want you. And that you hate me later because you did things you weren't ready yet," he tried to explain.
"You mean a hell of a lot to emma to me. And I also want to kiss you at the moment. But a relationship with me and the children, a lot has to fit together. And that's what I want to find out. For me at the moment, sex is more of a minor matter.... Don't get me wrong, Emma. I'd be lying now if I said I didn't want to sleep with you. But it should suit both of us and it doesn't do that for either of us at the moment." He just wanted to be honest. She nodded. She had understood what he was trying to tell her. It should all come in its time. And tonight was not yet the time to go further.
"Tell me something about yourself?" said Emma quietly. He smiled at her, then kissed her briefly and just started talking. So the two talked until late at night. Even though they hadn't slept together, they had come much closer to each other tonight. They had entrusted each other with things that few knew.

The sun was already shining through the room when Deacon opened his eyes. He looked down at himself. Emma lay her head on his chest and slept calmly. He himself had placed his right hand around her body. He felt happy at the moment. He knew that Anni would have liked him to be happy. And it seemed that the woman who was lying with him was the one who made him happy, for the moment. But he also knew that it was not yet the case for him that he could now say for sure that he could enter into a relationship with her. He had never been a person who had decided something immediately. He needed time. And especially here. He was not alone. He had 3 children. Yes, the children liked Emma very much. But it was something different, whether you were with the children as a friend or as a new woman at your side. In addition, he was not yet sure whether he was ready to let a woman completely by his side again. But with her, he could imagine it. That night had also given him a lot. Something like trust, they could talk to each other very well.
"Hey" he was ripped out of his thoughts. She looked up to him totally sleepy. With her washed hair, it had happened to him again. He leaned down to her and kissed her.
"Good morning" he breathed between 2 kisses.
"Are you ready for another day of the past?" he asked after the two had broken up.
"yes, I am ready and will face my demons," she said honestly and stood up. After they had both dressed and had breakfast, they made their way to the SWAT quarter.

"Are you really ready?" he asked as they left the car and walked towards the building. He took her briefly in his arms, put his head on her head.
"I'm there, I intervene when you realize it's not possible. We can do it together" he kissed her on her hair. She nodded briefly, but stopped in the embrace because she enjoyed it. But she knew it was better to get it over quickly.

"So, let me finally put it behind me. So that I can spend a nice evening tonight with my old friends and with the man who throws me off track quite a bit," she was motivated and headed for the door. Shortly before the door, however, she realized what was waiting for her behind the door. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath a few times. Without Deacon, she might have left right now. With him behind her, she gathered all her courage and opened the most disgusting red door there was.