Chapter 13: Threat

Here comes the next update, enjoy reading on.

Hello

here I am again with a new chapter.
I am glad that my story has so many readers. I would be very happy if you would leave me a little feedback.

LG

" Hello my darling. You probably wanted to go to me, didn't you? How long have you been back?" said Hicks with a smile."
Hello Dad. I've been back since last night. I wanted to go to Jim first and then I wanted to look after you," the young woman smiled. Now Emma already knew who she was dealing with.
"I'll take her to him," Emma replied. But then Street came around the corner.
"Molly?" it came as a bit of a surprise.
" Hello Jim. Can we please talk?" she asked him immediately. He first looked around. Actually, he had nothing more to say to her, but he didn't want to leave her like that either.
"Yes, of course". Hicks had already disappeared and Emma was about to leave, but Chris came around the corner. Emma stopped her.
"What's going on?"
"Molly is there and wanted to talk to Street"
"oh okay" that's all she couldn't get out. She had always liked Molly a lot, but since they had been with Street, things had changed.

" Jim. Can't we talk about the breakup again?" Molly pleaded with him.
" No Molly. It's better that way. I really like you, but I don't love you the way you deserved and that's why it wouldn't be fair. And after the thing with my mother, I could never trust you 100% again. I'm really sorry Molly. But it's the best thing for both of us. You deserve a man who loves you 100%, but I can't "
yes, because you love Chris" she shouted louder, which of course Chris and Emma also noticed. Chris opened his eyes wide. If that was true, he had broken up with Molly because he loved her. She wanted to run to ask him, but Emma stopped her.
"It's better you don't go there now," she looked at Chris.
"That's not the reason Molly" he quickly lied. He wanted to hurt Molly, nor that Chris would find out here and now.

Without anyone else being able to say anything, Molly rushed off. With his head bowed, Street wanted to get back to work, but he had done the math without Emma. Chris had made himself out of the dust, it had just become too much for her.
"Are you okay?" asked Emma as they returned to the screens.
" Yes, you can. I didn't want to lie to her now, but I don't want to hurt her any more. And it's not just Chris, it's also easy, the thing with my mother. She stabbed me in the back. She knew I didn't want anything more with my mother. But she still met with her."
"I can understand you. You've already done the right thing." If she tried to cheer him up, they got to work.
The case was quite persistent and they had a lot to do. The days were running by. Emma was a little better. Wendy's therapy seemed to be working. She slept better, even without medication. Living with Chris was also good for her. The two got along very well. Chris had the thought that Street really loved her pushed back because she was sure Molly was wrong. At that time, they had both decided to remain only colleagues.

One day, Chris and Emma were driving together to the headquarters when she suddenly noticed that they were being pursued.
"Do you notice the car behind us?" asked Chris.
"Yes" she looked in the rear-view mirrors, took the cell phone and asked for the license plate.
" What? Okay, thank you very much", then she looked at Chris.
" "It's TY's the car," she said.
Chris tore out his eyes wide.
"Man, when will they finally leave me alone. That cannot be the case. Why don't they stop"
At the headquarters, they both got out and met Street there. This one was not really in the best mood.
"What's going on?" asked Emma.
"that's going on" he sent them a letter with a threat of newspaper letters.

TAKE GOOD CARE OF WHAT YOU DO; OTHERWISE IT COULD END
BADLY
" who could he be of?" asked Chris and looked at her colleague pitifully.
" No idea, but I don't let something like that unsettle me. But how stupid you have to be to hang something like that on a SWAT officer's bike" he was really angry.
"There are people who just want revenge or something. They don't care whether they are police or not. You should be careful," said Emma and the 3 went in.

The day went without much effort and so everyone was able to finish work quite early today.
"Who wants to go to the movies?" asked Street.
" Yes. I'll come with you," Chris immediately assumed. Hondo nodded too. Such an evening would do him good again.
"I'm sorry, I'm still getting a visit from Kelly and her mother," Luca declined.
"We're there, I'll pick up Bonnie right away. Do we meet in front of the cinema?"
"Sorry, I'll replace my mother-in-law"
" no, sorry. I need some time for myself," Emma also refused. She wanted to go to the beach. Switch off a little and think. She said goodbye and drove to the beach. There she first lay down in the sand and closed her eyes. It was very good to be alone and not think about anything.

"Hello, may I?" she suddenly heard a male voice.
Frightened, she tore open her eyes. In front of her stood a young man who smiled nicely at her.
" Hello, eh. Yes, of course. The beach is there for everyone," she said only briefly. The guy made her ready for his place and also lay down on his cloth. Emma had already closed her eyes again when he suddenly started talking again.
"I love this beach here"
"Yes, it's really nice here," she said, as she didn't want to be rude and Wendy told her to try to open up a little to people and not block them right away. Besides, he didn't do anything bad. At first it was just small talk, but at some point the two talked very well. The guy's name was Nick and he was a paramedic. The time had really flown by and it had really done Emma good. She had had a nice conversation and noticed that it was also possible. Inside, she was very happy about the small success she had just achieved. Weeks ago, she might have gotten up and run off when he sat down.
"I think we should also leave slowly," he smiled.
" That's right. It's getting dark," she grinned. The two got up and put their things together.
"Where do you stand?" she wanted to know.
"Over in the large parking lot" he showed.
" me too. Then we can go to the car together," she smiled sincerely.
When both had packed everything together, the two made their way to the parking lot.

At Emma's car, she stopped and stowed her things in the trunk.
" Thank you for the nice late afternoon and evening. Maybe you'll see each other again," she thanked.
"Yes, but do we have to stop the evening?" he grinned at her.
" Sorry, I have to be at work tomorrow morning," Emma replied.
"well then" he came closer. Emma took a deep breath. He certainly just wanted to hug her. She tried to pull herself together and before they could gather, this nick had grabbed her and pressed her against the car.
"Come on, you want it too," he laughed nasty. At first Emma had the feeling of falling back into her rigidity and letting it pass her again, but then she thought of Wendy Tipp and how Deacon said that no one deserved such a thing. And this gave her the strength. She knew how to defend herself. She hit the guy with her leg against his best piece and also gave him a blow to the head. The guy fell backwards and bent on the floor. Emma immediately jumped into the car and drove away.

Deacon had just put his children to bed and was now sitting on the couch thinking. In the evenings he often felt lonely. Often he and Anni had enjoyed the evenings just to 2 and now. Now he was alone here and didn't know what to do. Then the doorbell rang.
When he opened the door, he was frightened at first. Emma sat huddled on the stairs.
"Emma?" he spoke to her. But she did not react.
"Emma?" he shouted a little louder but still gently.