Chapter 27: Chicago- coming to terms with the past

Hello

there I am again. Emma faces her past. She goes to Chicago.

There will also be some people from Chicago Fire, PD and Med in the next chapters.

I wish you a lot of fun and would be happy to read something from you.

LG

The flight to Chicago went well and very fast for both of them. When the two get off the plane, she had a queasy feeling. On the one hand, she was afraid of what that would do to her and her body, on the other hand, she was happy to see her old friends again.

After they had their luggage, they picked up their rental car. Emma had opted for a rental car because she hated the taxis of Chicago. They took the car to the hotel. Since Emma knew her way around here, Deacon had left her behind the wheel.

Arriving at the hotel, Emma checked them in.

" Good afternoon. We booked 2 single rooms. Foster and Kay", Emma began the conversation.

"I'm sorry. But our system was hacked a few days ago. Unfortunately, I only have one double room left. Unfortunately, I regret it very much" the young lady noticed that she was very uncomfortable.

Emma looked over to Deacon a little questioningly.

"I'm okay for myself," he said quickly.

"Okay, then we'll take the double room," she said briefly, but she was very uncomfortable.

The woman handed them the room cards, apologized a few more times and wished them a nice stay.

The room was on the 10th floor When they arrived in their room, the two first unpacked.

"Is it really okay for you?" asked Emma.

" Emma, it's all good. We've shared the bed before," he smiled at her.

I'm sorry," she said quietly. He went over to her and turned her over to him.

" Hey. All's well. Don't let yourself be dragged down because of the stupid room, okay. You still have a few heavy hours ahead of you. That here is completely okay for me" he took her in his arms. She closed her eyes and soaked his scent. Immediately she became calm again.

After a few minutes, she broke away and got ready. He also dressed something else.

"Do we want to go?" she asked.

"I'm ready. Where do you want to start?" he asked.

"I'd love to talk to Kelly first," she said. He just nodded and followed her.

She parked the car 10 minutes later on the side street of Fire Station 51. It had been a few months since she had last been here. Deacon put his hand on hers.

"You can do it. I'm here," he said softly. She took another deep breath, then the two got out.

Together they crossed the yard and went inside the fire station. Shortly before the common room, they met a person.

"Hello, can I help you?" they were received politely.

"I..." but she didn't get any further.

"Emma" she heard the voice of Matt Casey the Captain of Guard 51.

"Matt" she smiled and he had already pulled her into a hug.

" What brings you to us? Happy to see you" then he broke away from her.

"Hello, Matt Casey, Captain of the Turntable Ladder" he introduced himself.

"Hello, David Kay, Sgt of L.A.P.D. SWAT" he also introduced himself.