Chapter 35: Way in the right direction???

Hello

it goes on. Have fun.

LG

The two just stood there. It couldn't be. She broke away from him. She took his face in her hands.
"We will not allow that. I won't let that happen. Tonight we're thinking about what we're doing, okay" she gave him a kiss.
"Thank you Emma" he breathed softly and caught himself again. He knew that he could not be weak here. He tightened his back and broke away from her and went out.
Emma thought for a moment, but then had an idea. She ran to the kitchen, where Severide was still sitting with the others. Meanwhile with the whole crew.
"there you are. Street called me a taxi. I now go to the guard. Will you take me out," Severide smiled.
"Sure" she also tried to smile.
Severide said goodbye to everyone and also hit with Deacon before leaving the kitchen with Emma.
"What's going on?" he asked, they were just out of the kitchen.
"Emma, we were a couple for almost 3 years, I know you," he said seriously.
"Deacon's sister-in-law wants to take the children away from him," she replied sadly.
"What" he stopped, he seemed totally shocked.
"yes, do you still have contact with Cliff, I mean he is the best family lawyer I know. Do you think I could call him?" Emma looked at him expectantly. He immediately picked up his phone.
"Hey Cliff, Kelly here, listen, can you remember Emma?" he immediately asked.
"Hey, yes, sure. Your ex-girlfriend, why "
She needs your advice" then he handed over the phone to Emma. Emma briefly explained the situation to him and Cliff promised to call her back in the evening.
"Thank you Kelly," she said and gave him his cell phone back while he went to the taxi,
" "Gladly, we'll see you at home later?" he asked, opening the door.
She nodded and pulled him into a hug.

After he had left, she went back in, where she immediately set off to help a little with the clean-up work. Because the only positive thing was that the gangsters probably had to recover. They spent their shift helping the firefighters. But Deacon and Emma seemed to be a bit through the wind. And Emma just couldn't get rid of the feeling that it was something else than this letter. Again and again she tried to talk to him when they took a break, but he wiped her out again and again.

"Hey, everything okay? Hondo asked her and sat down with her to take a little break.
"No, today is a day that doesn't seem to be so good. The court date is in a month and I have the feeling that Deacon has problems, but he is totally closed," she said dejectedly. Hondo looked at her, then took her hands in his.
"We create the process together. I also got the invitation today because I have to testify. As far as Deacon is concerned, I also noticed that he has been completely off track since yesterday. I asked him about it this morning, but he said it was all okay. I think we just have to show him that we are there. If he really needs us, then he will come to us," he tried to cheer her up. They lingered like this for a few minutes before getting back to work.

But Emma gave a lot of thought. Perhaps this was a sign that he was not willing to enter into a relationship with her, because he left her out. And that made her sad. Because for a few days she was sure that she really loved this man. And she wanted to be with him, with everything that goes with it.

Deacon also gave free rein to his thoughts during the clean-up. By yesterday, his life had been in order again. He had fallen more and more in love with Emma and had been pretty sure he wanted to go into a relationship with her. But now he didn't know if he could still do that. He loved his children more than anything and he would struggle with everything he had so he could keep his children. But since yesterday he had some construction sites that he had to cope with. And if he had to let Emma go so that the children could stay with him, that's what it would do. Even if it would hurt him a lot. The next few weeks would definitely not be easy. But he had to do it, for himself and for his children.

Totally tired and exhausted, they made their way back to HQ in the early evening. Emma helped Tan and Chris clean Up Betty for the next shift. When she returned to the locker room, there had been no trace of Deacon. He was probably already gone. Without a single word. That hurt her. And so she decided to go home and have a cozy evening with Kelly. She was not a woman who would run after a man. She had offered to be there for him, to help him. As it seemed, he didn't want that. She had to admit to herself that it hurt her, but she couldn't change it and so she had to live with it now.

"hey, lust for pizza" Tan came with her to the exit.
" Thank you Tan. But I wanted to show Kelly a little bit of the city when he's already here"
"Okay, next time you'll be back," he grinned.
" But of course it does. I wish you a lot of fun" then she went to her car. She had noticed that Tan wanted to become an Italian together with Bonnie, Street, Chris, Hondo and Jessica.

With a sad mine, she drove through L.A. and picked up Kelly at the guard. They immediately drove home and decided to cook together again. When the two were still together, she had done so very often. While chopping the vegetables, they sank into a conversation again.
" What's going on Emma? Still because of the kids?" asked Kelly.
"No, I think that with Deacon and me, that's not going to happen. And it hurts me a lot. I really thought that with him and me, that was... something special. That we are on the way to a relationship. That we are there for each other. But I guess I was wrong"
"You still haven't set that or.. you always immediately believe in the negative. But Emma, look. He got the news this morning that they wanted to take the children away from him. He also has to let that sink in first. He's a man, you know, we try to get along on our own and then we ask for help. Just give him a day so he can come to terms with the whole thing" he approached her, took her in his arms and gave her a kiss on the head.
"Oh Kelly, why do you men always have to be so complicated," she grumbled.
"We are not complicated. We don't always want to show weakness," he grinned.
"It's the same thing," she laughed and broke away from him.
"It's nice that you're here," she said seriously.
"I'm happy too" and got back to work.
The food was as always very successful and they sat on the couch with a beer and just wanted to choose a movie. But then Emma's cell phone rang. Deacon's name was lit up on the display. Briefly she looked at Kelly.
"I told you," he grinned and got up to go to the kitchen.

"Hey Deacon" took it off.
"Emma, can you please come" she heard the voice of Lila.
" Purple, what's going on? Emma said frantically.
" Can you please come. I think we need your help" then the little one hung up.
Emma immediately jumped off the couch and ran to the dressing room.
" I have to go to Deacon. Can you get along?"
"Yes, let's go," Kelly said briefly before she was already gone. She raced through the streets and was in front of the house about 15 minutes later.

She knocked briefly and then went in. There she stopped frightened.
"Oh shit," she just said and slapped her hands in front of her mouth.