Chapter 36: What now?

It was the absolute chaos in the house. On the walls the wallpaper was wet and it smelled of wetness. There was a huge crack in a wall.

"Hello," she shouted through the house because she couldn't see anyone. It took a few seconds for Lila to come running.

"Emma" she fell around the woman's arms.

" Hey sweetness. What's going on?" she asked Deacon's daughter.

"Dad sits upstairs. I don't think he's doing well"

"okay, does it look like this everywhere?" Emma wanted to know.

"Yes, it's even worse at the top. In the bathroom there is water and also in dad's room"

" ok. Where is Dad?" she wanted to know.

"He's in the bathroom working," Lila said sadly. Emma nodded and they both went upstairs. In the bathroom she also found Deacon, who was throwing something on the wall. He seemed desperate.

Emma knocked softly. Frightened, he turned around.

"Emma," he said frightened. But Emma saw the tears he had in his eyes. Emma knelt down to Lila.

"So, would you do me a favor. You are now packing a bag with night stuff ok together with your brothers. I'll come right after" Lila nodded and was already gone.

Emma stepped into the bathroom and took the things out of Deacon's hand, then she took him in her arms.

"What's going on?" she asked quietly.

" Wasserrohrbruch, durch das Erdbeben. I wanted to fix it. But time helps me, the money," he said dejectedly. He fought against his tears.

"Okay, very quiet now. You can't stay here Deacon. The house is not safe," she said gently, looking at him.

I have no money for a hotel and the repair for the house. And now also the thing with Anni's sister," he confessed and looked to the ground.

"Is that why you were so weird towards me?" she wanted to know. Deacon looked at her.

"Yes, I didn't want to drag you into my shit," he said meekly.

"Oh man" she hugged him again.

"so, you come to me now and then we see that we find a solution. But Deacon, the house is not safe. We should pack everything here as soon as possible that is important to you," she said quietly, she was afraid of what he would say now.

"But it is the children's home" a tear ran down his cheek.

"the last memory of her mother"

" I know Deacon. But Anni wouldn't want anything to happen to them. And here it is not safe. I'm calling the others now. We first pack everything that is important to you together and then you come to me with us. Then we'll see. And no contradiction. And as for the other. Without you, I wouldn't be who I am now. I am glad if I can help you. We are a Team Deacon," she smiled at him,

nodding and rapping up. He knew she was right. While he was going to his room to pack something, Emma made a team statement.

Emma: EMERGENCY. We need you at Deacon. Chris, Street, please bring your moving boxes. And everyone else too. Street, you can pick up Kelly. Thank you.

It took about 20 minutes for the entire team to stand in Deacon's living room.

"Why didn't you say anything, man, we're a team," Hondo said, slapping him on the back. Kelly, on the other hand, looked around. He was familiar with such houses.

"You really have to get out of here.

"Okay, we can put everything in my garage," Luca suggested, which Deacon gratefully accepted.