Chapter 4: Camping Part 1

Hello
here I am again.
Have fun with the chapter.
Maybe someone would like to give me a little feedback.

LG

The week went pretty fast, they had a lot to do. Emma settled in better and better in the team and the relationship with the team was also very good. Hondo had given everyone a list of what to get for the weekend and that very weekend was just around the corner. After showering, having breakfast and stowing everything away, Emma makes her way to the SWAT site. They had all arranged to meet there.
"Tomorrow" she got out of the car in a good mood.
"Hey" greeted everyone, because she was the last one who was missing.
"Okay, Emma, would you ride with Deacon and the kids? Luca Street and Chris drive together and I'll take Ten and Jessica with me", he looked at them questioningly.
"If that's okay for Deacon, gladly" he just nodded. They quickly went to Emma's car and transferred their belongings to his big car.
Emma got into the car and turned around.
" Hello. Nice to meet you. I work with your daddy and my name is Emma," she smiled at the children. Deacon, who had just gotten into the car, also smiled. He thought it was great that she had introduced herself to the children right away. The children had already told them the names.
"I hope it's okay if I ride with you?" she looked at the kidies questioning.
"Yes"" I'm
looking forward to that, are you looking forward to camping?" she wanted to know further, while Deacon had driven mercilessly.
"Yes, we are happy and so are Street and Chris," smiled Matthew.
"that will certainly be funny with the two of them," Emma grinned, because she knew how the two could be. During the ride, she played the game with the children, "I pack in my suitcase" so that the children would not get bored. They had fun and so the ride flew by very quickly.
"You are very good with children," Deacon remarked just before they arrived.
"Yes, during my training I did babysitter and I loved it. If this had not happened to the police, I might have become a teacher or educator"

Arrived in the national park, it was first time to set up tents.
"How do we want to divide up, we have 3 tents?" asked Hondo.
"I would say women's power together," Chris laughed. Immediately Jessica and Emma nodded.
"May I also go with you?" asked Lila, her father just wanted to say no, but the girls were faster.
" Of course. You belong to the women's power," said Chris and squatted in front of the little one.
"All the girls are sleeping together this weekend"
Okay, then our girls will get the big tent," laughed Hondo. He was proud of his team. After 10 minutes, she had already done what he had hoped for. That Deacon could relax a little and the kids would have fun.
"Well, Luca, we're taking the little man here with us, right?" he looked at Street and Ten.
"But of course" immediately there was a high five from Matthew.
"Dad, can I sleep with Hondo?" the youngest wanted to know.
"Of course you can go to me," he smiled at Samuel,
so after half an hour he stood on the tents and the day could begin.
"What do we do now?" the little man wanted to know.
Emma squatted down with him.
"Do you know what you need so that it doesn't get cold at the tent in the evening?" she wanted to know.
"Yes, we need a fire," he said proudly.
" Great. Let's look for wood so that Dad and Hondo can make us a nice fire.
"Oh yes" the children clapped their hands.
" Well then let's go. Who's coming along" the young woman looked into the round, immediately Street and Chris got in touch. Together with the children, they made their way into the forest.

"Deacon's kids are really cute," Emma smiled.
" Yes, Anni really did a great job. She has made the children what they are today. I'm really glad that they are slowly crawling out of their hole again. It was a shock for them. They were always used to Anni being there and then from one minute to the next, she was no longer there"
" that must have been violent, for him and the children"
" Yes, the beginning was hell. Street and I first moved in with him, even though he didn't want to. We took care of the children so that he could also grieve."
"ah, that's why the children were so looking forward to both of you"
" yes, we tried to keep their everyday lives going. Hondo had divided us so that there was always one there. Deacon had only been hiding in the room for a week. No one came close to him. When Hondo sat down with him for 2 days, he had opened up and started living again. It gets better from week to week. But there is still a long way to go. It's a little more like 8 months now, but she was his antithesis and he thinks he needs to be punished now. He almost doesn't talk about them either," Chris continued.
"Street?" shouted Matt.
"Ladies, I have to get to work," he grinned and ran to the children. Together he helped them.
"You are both really good friends or" she wanted to know from her colleague.
"Yes, he's kind of my best friend. He's always there for me, especially because of Kyra and Tyler, "
Kira and Tyler?" Emma was confused.
" Yes, I live in a 3-person relationship. I know..." she didn't get any further.
"Everyone should live the way they want to. I think it's good that you do that and don't look around at what others might think of you. Have you been together for a long time?" Chris was amazed, she didn't expect such a positive reaction.
" yes. I recently moved in with them. They get married in 2 weeks" explained the black-haired, but as she said it, Emma noticed that something was wrong.
"But you don't want to?"
"Yes, but there's chaos in my head right now" then she looked at Jim.
"Because of street?" asked Emma immediately, as she had seen the view.
"We kissed a while ago. From that moment on, my feelings are confused. But many years ago, I made a firm commitment to never feel anything for a colleague again. But it confuses me. He's the best friend I've ever had. He always stands by me, even when it comes to Kyra and Ty. And then I have the problem that I'd rather just be with Kyra than with Ty. And that messes up the 3-person relationship, but I can't have Kyra alone, and I also have the feeling that I can't get between the two of them, that I'm equally loved. That's why this trip came just right"
" That really doesn't sound that great. Chris, you should consider whether you really want this 3-person relationship, whether you can become happy with the two of them. Or whether it might be better to end the whole thing. Chris, the most important thing is that you can imagine that you can grow old with the two, not with one of the two but with both. Your happiness, not their happiness. If that's not the case, maybe you should stop it and think about what the feelings for Street mean, whether they're just friendly, or maybe more"
Both had settled down on a tree trunk and watched the kids looking for wood with Jim.
"Thank you Emma, you're right. There is no point in continuing to try bending and breaking. I have to be clear about that... And you?" she then wanted to know from Emma.

"What about me?"
"What happened in Chicago?"
"how do you come to the conclusion that something has happened" she looked at her colleague frightened.
" Because you very often withdraw abruptly"
" "That's just my character" Emma tried to lie. She wasn't ready to talk about it yet.
"okay" Chris didn't believe her, but wanted to leave it up to her when she wanted to talk about it. In addition, the children just came running to them.
"We found a lot of wood," the children shouted.
" Well great. Then we'll take it to the others," Emma smiled and they all made their way to the tents together.

They spent the rest of their lunch together by the water. The girls were all together in the water and played with the children, so they did not notice that the men were approaching from behind. And before they noticed anything, the men had grabbed someone and threw them into the water. When Jessica showed up and saw the grinning Hondo, she swore revenge. Chris also attacked Street immediately and went into hiding. Ten and Luca had clawed the children and splashed them wet and Deacon had grabbed Emma and thrown her into the deep water. Immediately she had screamed in panic, which he had noticed immediately. When she reappeared, she had had an anxious look and Deacon had swam to her.
" I'm sorry. I didn't want to scare you," he immediately apologized.
" No, okay. I was just surprised and scared," she quickly lied, wiped him out and left the water. With a towel around her body, she sat down and watched the others. Jessica fought Hondo. Emma noticed the familiarity between the two. There was more than just colleagues, she would definitely squeeze out her friend.
"May I?" asked Ten and sat down with her.
"Sure"
" Everything okay?" he wanted to know.
"yes, sometimes I just like to look at everything from afar. It's nice to see that the kids have fun and can just be kids. They have already gone through a lot for their age"
"That's right"
"Everything is okay with you too?" Emma wanted to know from her new colleague.
"Yes, I just miss my girlfriend. I had hoped she would be able to come along. But her boss really sucks," he said sadly.
"Yes, it's not easy to have a relationship as SWAT and if the other boss is so strict, then that's a pity"
" Yes, if we didn't live together, we almost wouldn't see each other"
" Then you have to enjoy these moments even more," she smiled at. He was about to reciprocate when they suddenly got a load of water in their faces. Squeaking, both jumped up and saw the evildoers.
"Na waited" shouted Ten and immediately jumped back into the water to tickle the 3 little evildoers. Emma did the same. So everyone enjoyed themselves splendidly. In the evening she had made sausages over the fire before the little ones had fallen asleep on the lap of the others. Together they all climbed into their tents and lay down. Emma took off little Lila's shoes and put them in her sleeping bag. The girls talked a little bit before they also lay down. But Emma couldn't fall asleep for a long time.

Quietly she crept outside to sit down a little bit by the fire. When she left the tent, she realized that she was not alone. She approached the fire and saw that Deacon had tears in her eyes. She approached him and sat down with him without another word.
It was quiet and she watched the flames.
"On these days I wish she was here and would see that the children will be happy again," she suddenly heard him say.