Chapter 22: Back in the Team

Hello

So there comes another chapter. For those who know the series "The Rookie", the 2 people will be known here, but not for the others. But it's not so important in this case either.
I wish you a lot of fun with the new chapter and would be very happy about a review/feedback.

LG

The first day for Emma after the therapy was imminent. She was totally hibbelig and was totally happy to finally work again. The day with the team and the kids at Sea World was just perfect. Perfect for starting a new life. A life without fear, with friends and maybe a new love.
She arrived at the headquarters in a good mood.
"Good morning," she smiled. Everyone grinned and greeted back. Except for Deacon. He seemed tense. When everyone else was gone, she went closer to him.
" Hey. Is everything okay?" she asked.
" No. I forgot the appointment with the children's teachers. And I can't give anni's mother the children again and the babysitter has no time tonight"
"If you want, I like to take care of the children", she smiled at him and put a hand on his shoulder. Surprised, he turned around.
"Would you make this real? Isn't that too much today?" he preferred to ask.
"Deacon, I'm fine. I'm back to 100%. You've done so much for me. Now it's up to me to give something back. I would love to do it. I like your children," she smiled.
"Thank you," he hugged her.
"With pleasure". When they broke away, Chris stormed in.
"We have a new case". Immediately everyone ran to Hondo and the rest of the teams.
" here is Sgt. Gray. Her captain Zoé Anderson was shot yesterday. Rookie John Nolan was being chased by a group of people and they wanted to knock him out. The captain has taken care of him. Both were called to a fake emergency call. They want to get the perpetrator and need our support," Cortez said.

The team immediately agreed that they would help the patrol police, this perpetrator had to be put behind bars as soon as possible. Sgt. Gray gave the team all the information they needed.
"My teams and the rookies will support them"
" good. Bring your team here. Then we talk about how we want to approach this and we try to find out where he is. I will go to the prison and talk to the father," said Hondo and went outside with the Sgt.
An hour later, the colleagues of the patrol police had arrived at SWAT and Hondo was already back. The team had already gathered when the patrol officers entered with their rookies.

"Emma" she was suddenly torn out of her thoughts. Frightened, she looked up.
"Tim" she laughed. She approached him and took him in her arms.
"How long have you been back in L.A.?" he wanted to know right away.
"For a few months now and you're a policeman," she grinned.
"Yes, you must have wrapped me around my finger," he laughed. Everyone else was looking at them.
"You know each other?" asked Street.
"Yes, Tim used to be my neighbor. We spent our whole childhood together until my parents bought another house," Emma explained.
"Would they all listen to me, please," Hondo shouted loudly through the room so that everyone would listen to him.
"So, in an hour he will try to leave the city via a detour. I know which route he will take. You will create a roadblock and we will surprise him from behind. We will catch this pig, which has its capitain on its conscience. I promise them that" Hondo could only guess how the people of the strips would feel.
"so they all get ready. Sgt. Grey and I will now give our teams precise instructions" then both left the room.
"Go, you've heard him," Deacon gave the grand command. Everyone knew what to do now. Within a few seconds, the room was empty.
"nice guy" grinned Chris as the two strolled to Betty.
"He's like a brother to me. I never thought he would go to the police. He is 4 years younger than me. When I went to police school, we completely lost sight of each other. But nice to see him again," she smiled and they got in.

The ride was quiet. The patrol officers had installed the roadblock and Luca was waiting for the guy to drive by so they could follow him. It took a few minutes, then he shot past the side street.
"And go" Hondo gave the command and also informed Grey. Everyone in position and Luca followed the black sports car. This suddenly stopped abruptly, which was the sign for the SWAT.
Immediately Deacon and Emma jumped out.

"L.A.P.D. SWAT, stop," emma shouted. But the guy wanted to take his chance and ran towards the forest. Both immediately took up the persecution.
"Let's distribute ourselves" Deacon gave the command. Everyone nodded and everyone looked for their section.
"They lousy pig, they have ours", Emma suddenly heard a voice. Immediately she ran there.
"Tim, don't do it. It should pay for it in prison," she said reassuringly to him. He looked at her briefly and at that moment the guy tried to flee again, but before he could really start moving, Emma had shot him in the knee. Then she ran and brought him to the ground.
"They are arrested," she said loudly and handcuffed him.
"Twenty seven David, perpetrator caught," she continued over the radio.
"Thank you," Tim just said and then looked at his rookie.
"With pleasure." Emma smiled and together with the perpetrator they went back again.
"Thank you all," Grey said.
"We were very happy to do that," Hondo smiled and shook his hand.
"If we can do something, please let us know," he added.
"Do we want to meet again for a beer tomorrow evening?" asked Emma, addressing her old neighbor.
" Sure, gladly. Get in touch," he smiled and gave her his business card.
"I do it" then she turned around and went to the car together with Deacon.
"You get along well?" he asked with interest.
"yes, we grew up together. He didn't always have it easy at home and then often hid in our home. We were almost like brother and sister. But unfortunately we moved to another house and when I went to the Academy, the contact broke off. But I'm happy what has become of him and that I was able to see him again"
" I believe you. Seems like a nice guy. Come on, go home" then both got in.

When they arrived at the headquarters, it was already over again.
"When should I be there?" asked Emma Deacon as they left HQ together.
"in 2 hours, would that be okay?"
"Sure, see you later," she smiled and got in. She called her mother again after a long time. When she arrived home, she took care of the household a little before she made her way to the children.

"Hello" she entered after he opened it to her. Immediately all 3 came running.
"Emma" they shouted enthusiastically.
"Hey, how are you?" she wanted to know and all 3 started talking.
"Okay, wait," she laughed. " one by one. Come I sit down with you at the table"
She sat down and everyone told me what he had done in school. Matthew still had some homework to do, which she was happy to help him with.
"I have to go. Thank you very much. I would have to be back for dinner, I hope," he smiled and was already out the door.
"So, and what do we do now?" asked Emma in the round.
"Can we build a cabin in my room, all together?" asked Lila. The enthusiasm was great and so everyone got to work. Emma had a lot of fun with the children, they were very loving and so full of energy and life. Around 6:30 p.m., Emma started to make something to eat. They decided to make pizza together. Emma quickly kneaded the dough so that the children could cover it and push it into the oven.
"So, I think we eat and we pick up a little piece for dad," she smiled as she put the hot pizzas on the table. They enjoyed it. However, Emma noticed that it was getting later and later and he hadn't come forward.
"So, slowly it's time for bed, what do you think of it, we change, wash ourselves and then there is a story in the cave.
"Oh yes" screamed the 3 and had already run upstairs. Smiling, she looked after them, cleaned up quickly and also ran upwards. Everyone there had already been washed and moved.
"Well" the 4 snuggled up in the tent and Emma began to tell them a story. She had not noticed at that moment that Deacon had come home and listened leaning in the door. Only when she wanted to bring the fallen asleep children to their own bed did she notice him. She smiled at him. He helped her put the boys to bed. While he was still giving everyone a kiss, she had already gone downstairs.

"Hey, what's going on?" asked Emma. She had immediately noticed that he was angry.
"Is there something with the children, I did something wrong," she asked a little awkwardly.
" No, I haven't seen her so happy in a long time Emma. Thank you. But tomorrow is the fairytale festival which takes place every 2 years. And Anni always baked 4 cakes. And the school assumed that it was still the same now, because I didn't say anything," he said totally depressed and also somehow angry.
"I can't do that," he cursed and rubbed his hands over his face.