Chapter 3: Conversations

there I am again with a new chapter. I wish you a lot of fun.

LG

But it didn't move.
"Deacon, Foster" he shouted again and then they both moved.
Both stood up.
"Are you okay?" the team leader wanted to know.
"Yes" it came from both. Deacon looked over at his colleague.
" Thank you. You just saved my life," he said honestly.
"gladly and again and again" she smiled.
The two took the perpetrators and took them outside. The moment Emma got into the car, she noticed that her back hurt. She was glad that they were now finished for today.
Arriving at the headquarters, everyone went straight to the changing room, but Emma stayed outside for a few seconds. She still needed a little fresh air, which she did after each mission. After she had done this, she also made her way to the locker room, where everyone was already finished.

"Fancy a beer later?" asked Chris. She would have liked to have cancelled, but it would be good to settle in a bit and that's why she agreed.
"Where do we meet?" asked Hondo. Street quickly gave them the address of a shop they wanted to check out today.
"Okay, see you later" everyone was gone. Emma sat down on the bench and took off her shirt. Since she unfortunately did not see her back, she could only guess how bad the place had to be by now and the fall today would not help the healing. She got up to take the ointment out of her locker. It would be difficult to apply the ointment again. But she had to do it. As best she could, she tried to cream the spot when the door flew open and Deacon came back in.
"oh sorry," he immediately apologized when he saw that she was just sitting there in a bra. But the next moment he saw the huge bruise and it could not be from today.
"Had your last assignment in Chicago been so fierce?" he asked in amazement, but had turned away.
"Please?"
"Well, the huge bruise on your back, which is sure from one of your last missions" Deacon was a bit surprised.
"Ahso, yes," she replied quickly, but he noticed that she was funny. But since he only knew her briefly, he didn't want to go into it any further, but when he saw how she tried to cream herself on her own, which did not seem to succeed, he came closer to her.
"Come, I'll help you," he said gently.
"Deacon, you must..." she didn't get any further.
"You probably saved my life today, so let me help you now" he took a little of the ointment and began to rub it, but immediately she winced and her body trembled slightly. Of course, he noticed this immediately, but did not want to say anything. They only knew each other for a day. But he had made a firm commitment to keep an eye on her, because something seemed to have happened that weighed heavily on her.
"Deacon, could..." and again he interrupted them.
"Sure, that stays among us," he smiled at her, gave her the ointment and left the room. Just before he was gone, he turned around.
" Emma, Welcome to our team. And if anything ever happens, my door is always open, even if it doesn't look like it at the moment," then he was gone.
Emma looked at the door. Today, on her first day, she had received more affection, kindness and team spirit than the last few years in Chicago. Maybe this was just right for her and she would be happy here.
After getting dressed, she first made her way outside, where she met Street.

"Hey, what else are you doing here," she grinned at him.
" Oh, I had something else to do and you?" her colleague wanted to know.
" Me too. Actually, I wanted to buy another car, but I'm so bad at it. And it's already late "
if you want, I have time, I could help you"
" really?"
"yes, let's get up," he laughed and they both drove off.
Emma hadn't sat on a motorcycle in a long time, but it felt good and as she perceived it, he was a good rider. A short time later, they had already arrived at a car dealership.
"Hey Street, how can I help you. If you want to buy a car," an elderly man greeted him, but he just laughed.
" No, no. I stay true to my bike. But my new colleague is looking for a car for herself. What could you offer us?" asked Street.
"Preferably a car that I could take with me right away," she added.
" Okay, then the selection gets smaller, but come along. I'll show them the choice," the man smiled, and the two followed him.
He showed them 5 models. And at 3 models, Street immediately shook his head when Emma looked at him.
"So there are still 2" laughed Emma and looked at Street.
"Yes, or we have to keep looking. But the others were too expensive. The blue Audi A3 RS is really awesome. And the price is also okay, so if you want to spend so much on a car"
""I really like the car too," laughed Emma and quickly the decision was made.
"Well, if they give us another hour, I'll finish them off until we close," said the old man.
" Is good. We'll be back in an hour"