Chapter 31: the last evening in Chicago

Hello

have fun with the new chapter.

LG

Emma had fallen asleep on Deacon's chest. He stroked her hair again and again. It was an incredible feeling for him to lie here with her. It felt so good. She brought light back into his life. After Anni's death, he had thought his life would remain dark from now on. But since Emma was in his life, he felt that the sun was slowly coming back into his life. The children also liked Emma very much, which was very important for him and he had realized in the last 2 days that he had the will to live a happy life again. A life with a woman on his side. He would always love Anni, that would never change, but he had feelings for Emma. And he would want to try to live out these feelings. Even if there was still a long way to go. He would want to try.
With these thoughts, he drew her even closer to himself, which made her awake.
"Sorry, me..." he didn't get any further, because she was already putting her lips on his.
"All right," she smiled.
After cuddling a little in bed, they got ready for the evening at Molly. Together they went there. They stopped in front of the corner building and got out. She stopped briefly in front of the front door.

"Everything okay?" he asked.
" Yes, it all started here 3 years ago. The world was still okay"
"How did you get here?" he asked.
"I'll tell you inside. Come on," she smiled. The two stepped through the wooden door. Deacon looked around. The pub was more in an old-fashioned style. He was many small high tables with chairs and it seemed to be a fire brigade pub, but he liked it. You felt comfortable.
"Emma" an older man came to her right away. Deacon recognizes him.
"Hey Hermann" grinned Emma and hugged him briefly. Then she introduced both of them.
" He has the Mollys together with Stella and Mouch. I'll introduce you to all of them later. Hermann machst du uns 2 Bier". Seconds later, they had their beer and sat down at one of the high tables.

"you want to know how I first ended up here at Mollys," she grinned and thought back.
"I had just finished a week here in Chicago and I liked it very much. But it was hard to settle in here. I was on duty and suddenly the mission came that a fire brigade team was under fire and that they needed help from the Swat. Once there, it was quickly clear what to do. We had to take the firefighters out of the shelling. And in a moment I saw a firefighter trying to open a door to the burning house when shots were fired again. I pounced on him and saved his life. 2 bullets hit the door. When I took him to the ambulance, he asked me to come to Mollys the next night," she reminisced.

"And then she really came," they suddenly heard the voice of Severide. The two hugged and he sat down next to si.
"You were the firefighter," Deacon said with a smile.
" Jep. But please. Call me Severide or Kelly, I don't like her like that" he held his hand.
"Deacon" he smiled and punched.
"yes, I really landed here the next evening and got to know Severide"
and me" came again a voice from behind. It was Sylvie Brett and Casey. He had put his arms around her waist.
"No, finally," Laughed Emma and grinned at both of them. Then she looked at Serveride. "It was also time"
"haha" said Casey and both sat down as well. Emma took the floor again.
" Yes, exactly. That evening I also met Sylvie and Matt. We had a very nice evening. And so these evenings were repeated again and again"
"At some point, Severide and Emma decided to do something on their own," Sylvie grinned. She didn't get any further, because Adam Rusek the policeman came to them.
"Hey" he hugged Emma and Sylvie and sat down.
"Where is Jay and Hailey?" asked Emma.
"I think they need a few more minutes," laughed Adam. Emma raised an eyebrow.
"What, no?" she suddenly grinned when she saw the others.
"Oh yes" grinned adam now. Then the door opened and 2 lovers came in.
"I'm so happy for you," Emma grinned as they arrived at the table. They just smiled in love and sat down.

" and you Emma? Is there a man?" Adam suddenly slipped out. Everyone stared at him and she had to grin a little. That's how she knew Adam. Briefly she looked at Deacon. He also smiled at her.
" Yes, there is already a very nice man. We like each other very much and see where this leads us," she smiled honestly. Then adam also saw the light.
"Ah I understand," he slapped his hand to his forehead.

The group talked very well. Deacon felt comfortable that night and he realized that Emma had actually had a perfect life here, until the moment when these guys had ruined their lives from one moment to the next. He looked at the friends. They laughed, fooled and also talked about more difficult topics. The interaction between Severide and Emma was also amazing. You could tell how close the two had been.

At that moment, something became clear to him. He had only met this hammer woman for one reason. If these guys hadn't ruined her life so much, she would never have come to L.A. And this realization shocked him. She had had a happy life here in Chicago, a relationship with a very nice man and a lot of good friends.
" I'll go out for a moment. Wishing the children good night," he said briefly and went out

Outside he closed his eyes briefly. He felt kind of bad. So he took his cell phone and dialed a number.
"Hey Deac, everything is okay," he heard Hondo's voice.
"it works," Deacon said honestly.
"What happened?" the team boss wanted to know.
" I just realized Emma had a perfect life here Hondo. She was happy here. She only came to L.A. because these pigs took her life here in Chicago. I only got to know them because of these pigs," admitted this Ehrlich.
"Stop Deacon." Hondo said immediately.
"It's bad what happened to her, that's not a question Deacon. But it doesn't do anyone any good if you now get ready for the fact that you only got to know each other for this reason. Maybe it would have happened differently. And we can't change anything about the situations. Deacon" he could only hope that he could calm his friend down.
"Yes, but I feel so weird that my new happiness may have been built on their misfortune," his emotional world explained.
"Deacon, you've both been through a lot in the last year. Maybe it's fate for both of you. Please just throw away your last thoughts and enjoy the time with her"
"Thank you Hondo. Have a nice evening" then he hung up. He looked up at the sky and closed his eyes. Hondo may have been right. He should forget these thoughts.
"I'm sorry, I didn't want to listen," someone suddenly stepped next to him. He turned around and looked into Kelly's face.
"What happened to Emma here is really terrible. The fact that we broke up back then was really hard, hard for both of us. But when I see it that way today, I see that she is starting to be happy again. And if these pigs hadn't done that to her, no one would have been able to say if it would have worked out forever. Some things you just can't think about. You should just see the good in it, no matter how bad it is. And for me it's nice to see that she can again allow a man at her side," Severide Deacon looked at.
" Thank you, for these words Severide. I think we've both been through a lot in the last 1.5 years. Maybe it's really fate. I think too much, but I have a family waiting for me at home, I'm not alone. And it's important to me that my children can fully engage with them," he openly admitted.
"That is also your right. It all takes time. But I think the feelings are already there," smiled the firefighter.
"Yes, that's right," grinned the Sgt.
"Let's go have a beer," Kelly slapped him on the shoulder and they both went back in. Emma watched as they both came in together and went to the counter. At that moment, she was just happy. Somehow everything fell into place at the moment. That evening she had almost everyone together who was important to her. Only the rest of the team was still missing. Now she realized that she had to make this trip here to Chicago to see that not everything had been bad here.

Around 1 o'clock the two decided to leave, because at 9 o'clock their plane would leave.
"So guys, time to say goodbye," Emma said and stood up. She first hugged Matt briefly, then went to Adam.
"Do it well, princess. I hope to see you again soon," he smiled and embraced her lovingly.
"I can only agree with Adam. Let yourself be seen again and heard by you," Sylvie hugged her, followed by Jay and Hailey.
"You could also come to me," grinned Emma.
"A weekend at the beach, that would have something," Grinned Jay.
"Come here" Kelly took her in his arms.
"Thank you for being there. I am glad that you have told me now and I can only agree with the others. Please let us hear from you. And if you need anything, I'm still there for you... And Deacon is a decent guy. I wish you all the best," he breathed and gave her a kiss on the hair.
With a heavy heart, she left Mollys with Deacon. A small tear ran down her cheek.

"It was still a very nice time here in Chicago," she smiled before he hugged her.
"Come, let's go to sleep a little more," he breathed softly. In the hotel room, they snuggled up together and quickly fell asleep. The weekend was over and the question that concerned both of them was, how would it go on in L.A.