Chapter 24: Thoughts upon thoughts

Hello

there I am again.
Have fun.

LG

In the car, she first closed her eyes. What had she been thinking? He had lost his wife and she kissed him. She was angry with herself. She could only hope that he wouldn't blame her too much. Because she didn't want to risk her friendship. They had such a good relationship. She drove home with a queasy feeling, as her shift didn't start until later in the day.
"hey, were you there all night baking?" Chris greeted her as she stepped into the kitchen.
"No, I fell asleep on the couch waiting for something to dry up."
"okay, the kids will love you for it," smiled the black-haired one.
" yes.. you I'll lie down a little longer," she said quickly. She felt totally agitated. She went to her rooms, undressed and lay down. But sleep was out of the question.

After 5 minutes there was a knock at the door, Chris stretched his head in with 2 cups of coffee on his hand.
"Do you want to tell me what happened or what's going on" she stepped in and sat down in bed with Emma. She lifted the blanket and Chris slipped under the blanket and gave her the coffee.
"We kissed," she whispered softly and looked away.
"What?" grinned her.
"Yes, I know.
"Why should you be stupid, Emma?" she looked at her friend questioning.
" well, he lost his wife and now I kiss him" she shook her head.
"Did he push you away?" Chris wanted to know.
"Ehm, no" she turned a blind eye.
" Emma, Anni has been dead for over a year. Of course, it will always remain in his heart. But I think he likes you up. You've been spending a lot of time together lately and I think if he didn't feel something too, he wouldn't be like that. What do you feel for him?"
Emma looked at her friend, then she looked out the window.
"Since I've been out of therapy, I've noticed that something has changed in my feelings. Every time I see him, I just think, damn it looks good. And I just feel safe and secure with him" she put her hands in front of her eyes.
"Oh, that sounds like being in love," Grinned Chris.
"But, he only lost Anni. He is certainly not yet ready for something new. I messed everything up Chris," she said quietly and pressed the pillow on her face.
"I don't think Emma. He likes you, I see that and I already know him very well. Just talk to him. That's how you get the furthest with him. He will never replace Anni, but he also wants to be happy again. It's changed since you've been there. It has become more open again. He has come back to life. And the way I see it, that's your merit. In addition, the children also like you very much and this is very important for him.
"Maybe you're right"
"I'm always right," she grinned.
"And you us street" Emma wanted to know.
"Yes, we are getting closer. But I'm fucking scared. We are in a team. If we really want to be together, then someone has to leave the team," she said sadly. Emma took her in her arms.
"You must not give up your love because of it" Emma tried to cheer up her friend, but yawned again and again. Chris grinned.
"So lie down, sleep a little longer" then she got up and went out. Emma thought a little bit about what Chris had told her, but then she fell asleep over her thoughts.

She felt a little better when she entered the headquarters hours later.
"Hondo, can we talk for a moment?" asked Emma immediately.
"Sure, what's going on?" he wanted to know.
"Deacon's children have their big celebration today. He told me that the children are sad, that apart from him can not be there. Do you think we can, if there is no mission, stop by" she knew what she was asking, but it was on her heart. The children had so much to process, they should be able to rejoice today.
" I like the idea. We are very happy to do that, but only if there is nothing important about it," he smiled.
"thank you Hondo"
" Gladly" he realized how important it was to her and after what Deacon had told him a few weeks ago, it would do him good too.
The early afternoon was quiet, not for the SWAT. So Cortez had allowed the team to go to school. But they had to remain operational. Hondo decided that they would drive the civilian cars because they didn't want to cause a stir.

Deacon had been a bit confused during the day, the kiss with Emma had thrown him completely off track. But it had somehow also felt good. But he didn't have much time to think about it, because his children demanded everything from him today. They were very excited and it became hard to finish the 3. Armed with the cakes, he made his way to school. The parents' representatives were enthusiastic about the cakes and praised him.

He sat down in the line that was free for his family. And now he realized how bad it would be for his children. He would have to talk to them again tonight.
"Hey" he was suddenly greeted. Surprised, he looked to the side and was amazed.
"What are you doing here?" he asked, totally surprised.
"Someone was too twittering for us that the children have a big day today," Luca grinned and looked briefly at Emma. She smiled very insecurely and wanted to sit next to Chris and Street. She looked at him again briefly. He smiled and formed a "thank you."

She smiled back a little more confidently and then sat down. Minutes later, Samuel's group began the fairy tale Snow White. Emma was thrilled how the little one mastered it. He was just cute in his costume. This was followed by Lila, who had the leading role in Little Red Riding Hood. Deacon struggled with tears. He was so proud of her. Despite all the losses in the past, she seemed to be making her way. She looked briefly into the audience and when she saw the team, her radiance became even wider and she seemed more relaxed. After the two came other classes, before Matthew came to the end. He was Peter Pan. Immediately Street and Luca got up and cheered the young man. At that moment he saw her and he totally beamed. From that moment on, he was fully absorbed in his role.

After the class was finished, all the children got on stage and were celebrated, including by the team. It took less than 5 minutes, when the 3 had already arrived at their dad's house.
"Hondo, did you see" Samuel immediately came running.
" Of course my big one. You were a very cool dwarf," he smiled and picked up the young man.
"How was I?" Lila wanted to know. But before Deacon could answer, Chris, Jessica and Emma had already spoken.
" You were just great. And the red is perfect for you" She beamed and took the 3 one after the other in her arms.
"And was I cool," Matthew proudly joined the team.
"But something like that" Street and Luca clapped with him.
"I'm proud of all of you," Deacon smiled at the group. "And thank you guys, you don't know what that means to me"
"Can we go out to eat cake now?" Samuel asked.
" Of course. I have to try Emma's cake," grinned Hondo and followed the little one.
The others did the same as the children. Only Emma and Deacon remained.

"Thank you Emma, for everything," he said with a smile,
"You Deacon, this morning..." she didn't get any further.