Chapter 5

Manik's POV

We all came back to Delhi. I called up my beautiful girl friend    the moment I came back to my room, but her phone was not reachable.

I was dying to meet her but could not afford to go to her place like that.

What if her mom shoots me??

So I waited for her to call me. The phone rang but it was Shlok.

" Hey, man!! It is so good to know that you are back. Raj texted all of us. We all are happy... But why have you asked Sujal to keep a party with all the kids?? " He asked.

" It would be fun... We all always party alone. But its new year and we all should be together. So that we are not worried about the well being of our sisters. I don't want Mahi to go out alone with his friends... You know how they all are... Carefree. "  I argued.

"  But then that irritating girl would also be there. I swear, I don't know what is her problem but she is always trying to poke me and then Shaurya gets annoyed with her too. And they both keep fighting. "  Shlok said.

Oh, God!! They have been fighting since we were children.

" I know... But I have my own reasons for what I am doing... I want you to co-operate with me. Please, Shlok, I am already upset... My whole life is getting upside down. " I didn't realise what was I saying.

" What?? What happened?? "  He asked his voice full of concern.

" Oh, nothing!! " I tried to avoid talking about it. But Shlok was persistent.

" No, there is something... Did anything happen recently that you are upset about? "   He asked again.

" Look, there are few things that are bothering me. I don't know what to do... But there is no escape route. I am still trying to understand everything. " I said.

" Manik!! What are you talking about? Tell me what happened?"

" I will tell all of you. But let me tell you just one thing that I want to enjoy to the fullest in the next one week. Because I am not going to get that chance, anytime soon. " I said.

" What are saying?? One week?? You are not going to get a chance anytime soon??  Are you all right? You are scaring me. What happened?? " He asked so many questions all of a sudden.

" Nothing!! I am just upset that so many things are to be done... How would I manage to do everything in one week? "  I said.

I had to wind up from here and so back... What about my life here?? What about her?? I haven't even told my friends. How would they react? How would she react?? Would I be able to convince her for a long distance relationship?

Hell!!

"..... Manik??" I realised that I was still on phone with Shlok.

" Sorry, I was a bit preoccupied. I need to go, have too many errands to run. Will catch you later. "  I said.

" Wait!! There seems to be a big problem... I am coming to meet you. "  Shlok said but I refused.

" Let it be... I am busy. " I said.

" I don't care!! I am coming. You better tell me your problem or I will irritate you to hell. You know how persistent I am. " He said.

" Fine!! Come! "

*********

In about thirty minutes, he was standing in my room.

" Tell me what is going on?? What one week were you mumbling about? "  He asked after he  embraced me.