Chapter 67

Manik's POV

Someone was knocking at the door, I got out of my bed and opened the door. Mihir was standing there.

"Good morning, Bhai!  How are you, are you not feeling well? "

" I am fine, why are you asking that? " I asked.

"  You have always been an early riser and today you are sleeping till 9, so I asked as everybody is worried about you."  He said.

" Don't worry about me, I am absolutely fine. I am just tired as I could not sleep last night. " I said.

" You are not happy with the engagement, why didn't you let me stop it?? You don't want Myra as your life partner, do you? " He asked.

" There is nothing like that. "  I shook my head.

" You have feelings for Roshni??" He asked all of a sudden.

" What? No! "  I denied immediately.

" Don't lie to me. Let me talk to dad and uncle. " Mihir said.

" No!!   There is nothing between us, there should not be anything. Mind your business. " I said.

" Bhai, please tell me, what is going on?? You are behaving weirdly. "  He caught my hand and asked.

" I am fine, just annoyed that they didn't tell me anything before the so-called surprise engagement party. " I said.

" Ok, if you say so... Come for the breakfast. Mom is calling you. " He said. I nodded and we went to the dining table. Everyone was seated there.

I greeted everyone and also took a vacant chair and served some food on my plate, I was about to eat when the doorbell rang.

  After a few minutes, Saanjh, Sahaj and Mohak walked in. They greeted everyone. 

What were they doing here??

" Good morning beta, come join us for breakfast. " Chachi said to all of them.

What is the problem with Chachi?? They must have had breakfast at their homes. Their mom would not have let them out of their home without having breakfast.

" Thank you, aunty, though, I have had breakfast, and I would not mind eating a few gujrati delicacies. " Mohak said and took the chair next to Mahi and Roshni and smiled at her. She smiled back.

Saanjh and Sahaj also joined us. Sahaj was ogling at Roshni as well.

What was happening? Why was everyone suddenly interested in her??

Was it because she was a very pretty girl but an outsider to our family friends group? I mean, everyone was a bit hesitant in flirting with someone from the family friends group. As it was awkward and had the risk of getting scolded by the parents or brothers of the girl.

Yes, that could be one of the reasons as she was not in blood relation with any of the families. So all of them were flirting with her openly.

" So what brought you here?? " I asked. Everyone was shocked at my question as it was quite rude and direct. And I had never been like that, never talked rudely to anyone.

" Oh, yesterday while we were talking during the party, Roshni happened to mention that she wanted to see Delhi, so we made a program to go sightseeing. We will take her to some of the spots today. " Sahaj said.

" Awww... That's very sweet of you." Chachu said and all the elder ones smiled and nodded.

" Thanks, uncle. So can we take Roshni and Mahi with us?? "  Sahaj asked.