Chapter 65

Manik's POV

Everyone in our families came closer. Mom and Chachi offered gifts and jewellery to Myra. She smiled and accepted them gracefully.

They made us eat the sweets and then the engagement rings were brought on a beautiful platter.

It was the most beautiful and one of the most expensive rings in our collection.

Everyone gasped at the ring and the jewellery, mom and Chachi had given her.

" Manik, what happened Beta?? " Viraj uncle said.

" Nothing, uncle!  I was looking for Mihir. He went away to get something but has not come back yet. "  I said.

" Oh, see he is coming. " Uncle said and I saw him coming and Roshni was following him.

She had no expression on her face and was not even looking at me.  They joined us. But she kept looking at Myra. Her behaviour was a bit different.

Mom gave me the ring and asked me to slide it on Myra's ring finger.

I stretched my hand and she placed her hand on mine. I looked around and saw that Roshni had absolutely no expression on her face. She didn't even look at me.

I slid the ring on Myra's hand and she smiled while others clapped.

Now it was her chance to make me wear the ring.

" Myra beta, now make him wear the ring too. "  Maya aunty said.

But when I stretched my hand, she gasped and my mom and Chachi looked shocked.

" Manik, what happened to your hand, it is so swollen and bruised? "  Mom asked.

" It is nothing mom, my hand came between the doors. I am absolutely fine. Don't worry. "   I said and she nodded.  I looked at Roshni. She seemed concerned but when she saw that I was looking at her, she looked away.

" But he can't wear the ring on that hand. " Mom said.

" It's ok, as of now he can wear it on the other hand. " Maya aunty suggested.

Myra did that, and everyone applauded and congratulated us.  I again looked at Roshni and she was standing there with a smile but was looking at Myra continuously.

What happened to her?? I hope she is fine.

Just then they all started dispersing.

Once our families and relatives left us alone, our friends surrounded us. They teased us, I was not in the mood for all this. But I didn't want to hurt them. So I kept smiling while my eyes followed Roshni. She came to us.

" Congratulations, Manik Ji, I am so glad you got what you wanted.  It must be a good feeling to be able to get engaged to someone you really want in your life, isn't it?? You tell me, how are you feeling, Myra and Manik Ji? "

" On top of the world... " Myra said.

" You must be crazy about him, to feel like that. " She said looking at her. I don't know why but her tone was very sarcastic.

What was she doing?? Myra just smiled politely.

Roshni left once she congratulated both of us.

" What is this Myra?? " I asked her.

"What do you mean, Manik? "  She asked me.

" Why did you get ready for the engagement all of a sudden? " I asked.

" Don't you think it is quite obvious? "  She asked me instead.

" It's not that obvious to me..."  I said as I was annoyed as hell. How could she do that all of a sudden when it was she who wanted some more time?