Chapter 57

Manik's POV

The phone was still ringing, making me lose my mind. I looked at the screen and saw the caller's name.

It was Hardik!!
I took the call but I didn't say anything.

" Roshni!! Are you all right?? Why are you disconnecting the call??  Is your Hitler uncle around? " He asked.

I looked at her and she looked tense standing there and I was still holding her with one of my arms.

" Roshni!! Say something... "  He was saying and my grip around her waist tightened.

" Hello?? It's Hitler on this side, tell me what is your problem??  "  I asked and he seemed to be very shocked as he didn't react for a few moments.

" Oh, I am sorry, sir... I am extremely sorry... "  He said stammering a bit.

" Why are you calling her at this time??" I asked for an explanation in a very hard tone.

" I am sorry, Sir,  I was working on our project and I needed her help on something. And I didn't realise the time.  "  He said.

" Listen, boy... Do whatever you can on your own or wait for the morning. But don't you dare to call her after 8 PM or you will have to face the wrath of this Hitler. "  I gave him a warning.

" But sir, it was important or I would not have called her. I have never called her so late. "  He said.

" Ok, I will switch on the speaker phone, ask her whatever you want. I am listening too. And if the query is not genuine, I swear, I will make you regret that you called. Ask the question. " I said and he got tensed as there was no question. He just wanted to flirt, which I would never allow him to do.

" Sir, you are very angry at the moment, I have realised, I  called at the wrong time. Sorry. " He said.

" Never dare to do it again or I will have to talk to your parents that you are harassing my ward. Or I have another option that I beat you to a pulp. " I threatened him.

"  No, sir!! "

" Be within your limits or... be ready to face the music. " I said and disconnecting the call.

" Why did you talk to him like that, Manik Ji?  Give me my phone, I need to talk to him and apologise, you can't behave like this. You are really behaving like a Hitler now. "  She said.

"  Hitler?? "

" Absolutely!! Give me my phone back. " She tried to get out of my arm and take her phone away from me. But I could not let her call him, so I held it away from her. And she tried to reach it but could not.

And then she jumped a bit to catch the phone but her body bumped into me with impact and  I lost my sanity when her soft bosom touched my chest.

I held her there and moistened my lips as I felt that my mouth was drying,  I was dying to kiss her.

She was still concerned about the phone and tried again and this time we both fell into the pond. Since I was standing with my back to the pond, I fell on my back with her wrapped in my arms.

Oh, God!!!

She was shocked and clung to me because of the sudden fall. Though the water was very cold , I felt hot from within.

She tried to get up but I didn't feel like leaving her. So I kept her wrapped in my arms and my eyes closed.

" Oh, my God!! Manik Ji !! Manik Ji! Are you alright I hope you didn't get hurt? Manik Ji! Get up, please. " She said pushing me a little.