Chapter 96

Roshni's POV

Though I was reluctant to go to another City, for selling the diamond, Hardik was right that if we try to sell it here in Surat, Manik Ji would come to know it and people would get a chance to gossip more about us and my kidnappers would also get to know that I have the diamond with me and they could harm us.   So I agreed to go out with him.

I was fortunate to have a friend like Hardik. I don't know why Manik Ji always disliked him and discouraged our friendship. But then he was possessive about me and disliked every one of them.

We were going to Hardik's hometown. But I don't know why,  all I could think of was Manik ji.

Manik ji was such a nice man, a man who didn't even want to hurt anyone's feelings.

He was about to get married...  All of a sudden I was getting very upset.

Hardik had told me that it was about a two-hour journey.  I would go mad if I keep thinking about him and his marriage.

So I tried to distract my mind and thought of listening to some music. I took out my phone from my bag and switched it on.

I saw many missed calls... 27  from Manik ji,  6 from Mihir ji, and 3 from Ron on the previous night.

I just closed my eyes and shook my head to clear my mind of such thoughts and played my favorite playlist.

After about two hours, we reached his hometown. He took me to a deserted and cheap guest house.

" Why have we come here??"  I asked.

" We need some rest... I have been driving the bike. We can rest here for some time. Then we will think about how to proceed further.  "  He said casually.

" But what is there to think about? Let's go to the jewelers show the diamond to them and if they offer good money, we will sell it and would go back. Simple! " I asked as I got annoyed at the hint of uncertainty in his voice.

" Simple?? It is very dangerous. We need to be cautious. I will call the jeweler here so that we can be safe. " He said.

But I felt very weird. It was dangerous to travel like this with the diamond and to stay and meet someone in such a lonely place.

I didn't feel safe at the place. Something was not right.

" Why don't we just show its picture and authenticity certificate with its exact worth to the jewelers? "  I said.

" No! What are you talking about?? This is not online shopping, Roshni. We are talking about a very expensive diamond. And they are traditional people. They would not buy like that. "  He retorted.

" Then let's go to Delhi or Mumbai. There the branded showrooms will tell us the exact worth of it. I will not show my diamond, to anyone like this. "  I suggested as I was not convinced.

" Try to understand, Roshni. We don't know anybody in Delhi or Mumbai, here I know some of the jewelers and we can sell it easily but they would like to see the Diamond. No one would entertain us by looking at the certificate only.  "  He was getting annoyed.

" Why?? The certificates are meant for that. We don't need to carry the diamond, we just have to show the authenticity certificate of the product,  if they really want to buy a diamond they would tell us at least the tentative price. " I argued.

" What is your problem Roshni if you didn't want to sell it you should have told me. What is the use of taking so much effort and coming here if you don't want to sell?? " He yelled at me for the first time.