Chapter 17

Manik's POV

It was 7 in the morning and I was ready for my training as the heir of the empire and as a fresher worker as well.

So first of all I went to the Krishna temple in our haveli and prayed that I should be able to deliver what is expected of me. I wanted to be a good and competent businessmen like my grandfather, Dad and Chachu.

I was determined to push my limits to the maximum and work as hard as I can so that my family and my workers and employees are proud of me.

Muneem Ji (the Old manager) came to meet me, I greeted him as he was older than my dad. I greeted him. "Jai Shree Krishna, kaka."He smiled and greeted the same to me.

" So, it's your first day at work, I wish you good luck. I still remember that I was also there on the first day of your dad's and chachu's training as well to help them. "  He said.

" Thank you! I am so happy to have your blessings on me. You have worked with my grandfather, dad and Chachu and have been the most trusted man in our business empire. So I respect you and your advice a lot, I will definitely listen to it and try to implement it with a contribution of my new technology and thoughts. " I said and he became very happy.

" I expected the same from you. I am glad we would also learn some latest things. "  He said.

"   Yes, Kaka... We need to change with time, but never cut out ourselves from our roots. They help us to grow more. If we don't stay connected to our roots, we would not grow and die very soon. " I said.

" Very well said, beta! I am sure you would make your family and all of us, feel very proud of you. Let's go to the office first. You need to meet everyone formally first. "

" I am eager to do that let's go. " I said and we went to the office first. It was very good, comfortable with both, the Indian traditional sitting arrangement and the most elegant and lavish international standard working areas for comfort and style.

It had to be good as Chachi had designed it. She is the best interior designer in Delhi and Surat. While my mom ran an event organising company in the USA now.

A meeting was called so that I could meet everyone. They all greeted me with the same respect they gave to my grandfather, Dad and Chachu. I took a tour of the whole office, factory and our biggest and oldest showroom in Surat.

The day was going very well and after lunch, I went for my training to learn everything about diamonds. I worked till eight at the night and was very tired.

By the time I reached home, took bath and had dinner, it was quarter to ten. I slipped between the sheets and the moment my head touched the pillow, I slept.

*****

My alarm clock went off and a shrill alarm made me get up immediately. I got up at six in the morning and saw that dad and Chachu called up.

Everyone in my family and all my friends had called the day before yesterday or messaged me for wishing me on the first day of my work. I got so many calls that I had to put the phone on silent and didn't get time to check the phone. And was so tired at night that I slept.

So decided to call my dad and chachu. My parents were still in Delhi and would go to the USA in a day or two. So I decided to make a call after Breakfast. I wanted to see everyone.

Then I sent messages to my friends' group and told everyone about my first day and my tight schedule.

Myra had also called me last night but I had already slept by then, so I would call her later when she reaches her salon. There would be no chance of being caught by her mom or Viren.