Chapter 12

Manik's POV

The irritating girl followed me.

" What?? "  I asked.

" I want to see the dress you are buying. "  She said and I shrugged.

"  I like these two, the black and the white one... I hope the size is right. I can't decide, both are very good. I guess I will take both of them. " I said.

" Sure sir, thanks. Please go to the cash counter. I will pack and get them there. " The attendant said with a polite smile.

" What?? Just like that?? You didn't even ask how much they cost?? She might inflate the price. "  She said.

" Thanks for your advice, for your kind information, the price is written on the price tag. "  I told her.

"'Wait!! How much is the price for those two dresses?? " She asked the attendant.

" Approximately twelve thousand, ma'am. "  She replied.

" He is taking only two dresses not all. "  She said. I was thoroughly embarrassed.

" Will you please shut up? " I said.

" Sir, shall I... "  The attendant asked again.

" Yes, make a bill for them. Don't pay heed to what this girl says. " I said and she went to the counter with the dresses.

" Are you out of your mind?? In twelve thousand, you can get 12 such dresses. She needs only one dress why are you buying two? " She said looking at me with her big beautiful eyes.

Don't look into her eyes. I heard a voice from within.

" Have you run away from some mental asylum? She is my girlfriend, this is my money. I can do whatever I want. What is your problem? " 

" It matters to me as I have to pay for one of these dresses. "  She said. I really wanted to bang my head on the wall by now.

" OH, GOD!! What sin have I done?? Please send her away from here or I might go mad. Please God, please... Have mercy on me. "  I said dramatically. She was looking at me as if I have lost my mind.

" Ok, I am going, but I am not stupid like you to pay so much for a dress. I will pay only two thousand for that dress at the most. So I owe you seven thousand. Right?? "  She asked.

" Ok!! Now leave! "  I said.

" Wait!! The food was worth Rs 4 thousand only,  then why did you pay more?? I owe you only 6 thousand. Ok? " She confirmed.

" Absolutely!!!" I said folding my hands in front of her and closing my eyes in hope that she would vanish by the time I opened my eyes.

But I was not that fortunate.

" Now what ?? "  I asked.

" Nothing!! I was amazed that you didn't even bargain with her." She said.

" Bargain?? "

" Oh, my God!! You are from which planet? You have not heard of the word?? "  She again looked at me with her big eyes as if I was an alien.

" Uffff! " I was pressing my head by now.

" Bargain is like how I told you firmly that I owe you only 6 thousand though you spent much more than that. I bargained, and you agreed. If you want, I can do it with that sales girl. She would give those dresses in at the most Rs 6 thousand. "  She offered.

" Please leave me alone... Or you would have to pay me seventeen thousand which I had to spend because of you. Go, run away, while you can " I said and she looked scared and went away.