Chapter 14

Manik's POV

What was she doing here?

Where was the child??

She looked as shocked to see me as I was.

But why?? And why was she here in the first place?

" You!! You came here as well? Why are you following me? "  She accused me the moment she saw me.

" Oh, God!!! You stupid girl, use your brain, I was here before you. You are following me. " I said.

" What is she doing here?"  I asked the lawyer. But before he could say anything, she also asked him.

" Tell him that I am not following him,  you called me here. "  She said.

He called her as well?? Why??

And why the hell the child is not here till now??

She has no value for time. I need to discipline her.

" You both know each other?? " The lawyer asked.

" No!!! " We both said in unison.  He looked surprised but smiled.

" Very well !!  Let me do the honour of introducing both of you formally. Ms Mehta, please meet, Mr Manik Mudit Shah, the new heir of the Shah Empire. " He gave my introduction to her.

But why??

Was she related to him??

" The grandson of Mr Shah? "  She confirmed with her eyes so wide open that I was scared, they might come out.

What was so shocking??

" And, Mr Shah,  she is Ms Roshni Mehta, your ward. You will be her guardian till she is well educated and fully settled, I mean married to a well settled decent man."  He said.

What??

Is he high on something??

I was supposed to be a guardian to a girl child...

She was a girl, alright... But not a child.

" What?? I think there is a serious misunderstanding somewhere... She can't be... She was... Is a girl. "  I said.

" Hey, what do you mean what you said ?? There is a misunderstanding, she is a girl ?? Of course, I am a girl. What is there to discuss about it??  Anyone can say that I am a girl... You are behaving as if it is an issue of national security??  "  She gave her expert comment.

" There is no misunderstanding,  she is a girl indeed. Did, I say, she was a boy?? "  He smiled at his stupid joke.

I swear, I didn't like that man ever and today I really wanted to beat him to the pulp for laughing at such a thing.

" It is not funny... I was supposed to take care of the girl child and she is definitely not a child. "  I said.

" I agree, but your grandfather treated and called her as a child and he added the clause to the will, so if you have a problem, find a time machine and go back to the past and argue with him, please.  There would be no use in fighting with me as I don't have the authority to change the will or the clause. I can only see that the clauses are following perfectly. So, you have no choice but to take care of her. " He said with a calm smile.

Someone, please give me a gun today... At least one out of these two would be killed by me.

" By the way, how old is she?? " I asked.