Chapter 97

Manik's POV

I checked the tracker and saw that her phone was switched on and I could see her exact location.

Oh, thank God!!

I took a deep breath and checked that she was merely 20 minutes' drive away.

My heart was beating like a drum. I just wanted her to be alright.

" Please drive faster. I said to the driver and he increased the speed, now she was only fifteen minutes away. I wish I could go by helicopter but I didn't want to alert them.

We were driving through a market. I don't know why but I was getting very uneasy. I hope she was fine...

" Relax, sir!! You need to calm down. "

" It is very easy to say to Calm down... But it is really difficult if someone important in your life is in danger. I will kill that man... He... "

" Cool down, sir!! You need to be calm. Don't get emotional. We need to be cautious. We must disguise, ourselves so he doesn't recognize you."

"Why?? We know where she is. Let's go get her. "

" We don't know how many people are there inside. If they recognize you, they will get alert."

" You are right, thanks. "

"  Wait here. "

Roshni's POV
An hour ago...

" let's have some food. I am hungry and tired. I want to rest for some time. I didn't even sleep last night as I was worried about all this. " He said.

" Ok, calm down let's have food first and take a rest then we will start the work with a calm and cool mind. "  I suggested.  But he was in a very different mood.

" You stay here, I will go and get food for us. What do you want?" He asked.

" Anything... Just less spicy and something to drink lemonade, buttermilk or juice. "  I said. He nodded and went away.

I could sense that he was very upset. But why?? It has to be my decision if and how I want to sell the diamond or if I wanted to sell it or not.

His behavior had changed and I was worried about it. Something was not right somewhere. He is behaving weirdly ever since we came here.  He is trying to dominate and impose his decisions on me.

I never even listened to Manik ji who is my legal guardian and was paying for all my expenses. Here I have been giving him money on and off.

I don't have to be under his pressure, I will do it the way  I want and I don't think it is right to show the diamond to anyone like this in this kind of place.

I am not doing anything illegal. I own that piece of stone and I want to sell it legally. I don't know why I listened to him. I should have talked to someone elder than me. Like Chachi, Mihir ji, or Ron.

Something in me was saying that I should be cautious of even Hardik. So I took out the diamond, clicked its pictures and hid it.

I was not feeling safe but what to do now? I could not ask anyone to help me. It would take them at least, a day to reach here.

Oh, God!! Please get me out of this mess, safe and sound.

Anyone I could call was in Delhi,  Manik ji was in Surat but I could not call him.

Manik ji must be busy in the preparation for his wedding. His wedding is in three days. He might have gone to Delhi as the functions were to start from today itself.

Hardik came back with food, he looked calm and normal now so I also relaxed a bit. Maybe he got scared of facing Manik ji's wrath if he gets to know that he brought me here.

But he looked normal now so I relaxed and we had our food and drink.

I thought of getting ready to go out for meeting buyers but all of a sudden I felt that my head was spinning.

What was happening?

My body was getting too heavy and lethargic as if every limb of mine weighed a ton. I was shocked and scared at what was happening but I could not move. Everything was getting hazy.

" Har. Hardik?? Something... is not right! Call doctor... "

"  Sorry, Roshni but you forced me to it. "  He said.

What the hell!! I trusted him.

God, please help me!

And then I thought of Manik Ji, he always told me not to trust him.

Sorry, Manik Ji... I deserve it for not listening to you.

I love you ...

Tears started flowing from my eyes, till I was conscious.

*******

Third person's  POV

Hardik waited till Roshni was unconscious. He had spiked her lemonade.

When she stopped moving altogether, he opened her bag and started to look for the diamond, a devilish smile came on his face when he found a red velvet box but as soon as you open it his smile vanished.

It was empty,  he was so annoyed that he hit her hard out of frustration. The very next moment, he took out everything from her bag and checked it thoroughly. He opened the neatly folded layers of each and every cloth of hers from the bag but he didn't find it.

" Where the hell have you kept it? " He yelled.

Then he checked the pockets of the clothes she was wearing But didn't get anything.

" Shit!! Where is the diamond?"  He said and slapped her again.

He looked for it once again shaking everything and touching her intimately to feel if she had hidden it in her clothes but when he didn't find it, he got frustrated and hit her again.

His facial expressions became very hard as if he decided something cruel.

He called someone and said, " I have the girl with me. You can come and get her, provided I get a  good price. " He said.

" She has taken out the diamond but has hidden it somewhere. I will find it and get back to you. I want to get the money for both my cut in the diamond and the girl. "  He said.

" Are you kidding??  Give me a good price or I will take her back. I did it only for you because of your revenge but if you don't want to pay me well, I will take her back and give her back to Mr. Shah, I am sure he would pay me more for her as she is his girlfriend. "  He said with a smirk.

" Great!! I am waiting for you. "  He smiled devilishly.

He was pacing the room waiting for them to come when his phone buzzed.

He looked at his screen but the number was unknown. He picked up the call.

" Hello?? He said.

" Is that Hardik? "

" Yes, Who are you? " He asked.

" Let me tell you that I know exactly where you are and Roshni is with you. Now you gave only two choices, either do what I say and earn a lot of money, more than you ever thought of... Or you die. The choice is yours. " 

" W.who is it??"

" Manik Shah!! "   

😱😱😱😨😨😨😱😱😱😨😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

Hello friends 😃

Here is my today's chapter I hope you liked it please let me know.

Take good care of yourself and have a nice day.

Thanks
Chhavi, ❤️😍❤️