Chapter 99

Manik's POV

" What happened??"  I asked

" There are at least 10-15 armed people out there. They came looking for Hardik and ma'am. We need to hide her and remain in our disguise. "

" I am getting frustrated as I want to wring Hardik's neck.  He has hit her at least two-three times. I can't sit here and wait. " I said. 

"  Sir, we can't fight, 10-15 armed people. So please have patience we are not going to leave him. We have all the shreds of evidence, he can't escape.

" No!! I want to hit him, he hit my girl. I will break his bones. " I said.

" Calm down, sir. I know you are very angry but trust me, you need to calm down. Since I am older than you, I have more experience of life. Our top priority is to save Ma'am and your life.  Your life is in danger, we have to get both of you out of danger. I know you want to kill that man, but understand that your life is more important. Please stay where you are. I am an experienced detective, it is my job to do things discreetly and I am not emotional as you are. So I will go out and access the condition and find out the best way to get you out of here. "

" I understand, I really thank you and appreciate your help. I swear, if we get out of here safe and sound and all these men are arrested, I will give you so much money that you would not have even thought of. "

"Thank you, sir. I will take a round of the area and find a way to escape safely. " He said and went out.

I took a deep breath and called Mihir. He picked up the call on the second ring itself.

" Hello, bhai!! How are you? Did you manage to find her? "  He asked.

" Yes, we are fine, but she is still unconscious... "

" It will take at least 2-3 hours for her to wake up. Don't worry. If she doesn't for another hour, then we'll see. "

" Someone is trying to take revenge on either her or our family........ " And I told him everything. 

" Bhai, I know, you want to kill him, even though I am feeling like that. But, the detective is right. You need to get both of you, out of here. I didn't tell anything to dad and after I finished all the work He gave me, I finally got a chance to come. "

" Mihir, I don't want you to come here. It is too dangerous here. I don't want you to come here.  Stay in Surat. If I need help you can come soon. "  I said. Didn't want him to put his life in danger too.

" No way!! I can't leave you there alone. "  He said immediately.

" I am your elder brother... You have to listen to what I am saying. I can't expose you to danger. " I said firmly.

" Some other day brother, I am not listening today. I can't leave you and Roshni to fight for your lives alone. Shaurya was asking many questions about you. So I told him everything, he is coming with me.  Here talk to him. "  He said,

" Hello, don't worry Manik, everything will be fine, we are on our way, I will take care of Mihir."

"  Oh, God !! Now I am more scared for him. You attract trouble everywhere you go. Stay at Surat. Shaurya, you idiot you are my friend, take my side, convince him. "  I said.

" Shut up!! We are coming. "

" Stay on the outskirts of the town. If and when I need help I will call you. We would need help from the police to arrest all of them. I think it is time to tell Chachu. " I said.

" Yes!! Mudit uncle and dad are going mad at you as you have not reached there till now. "

" Ok, tell him, but not everything. Say that she was abducted and I have gone to get her back. I need help. "