Chapter 4

While walking the halls to my class I pass by Max and turn around to talk to her.

"Hey Max" I say and she takes off her headphones.

"Hi" she mummers.

"How have you been?" I begin. "Actually that's a stupid question. I hope your feeling better though" that was was stupid to ask her how she's been.

"Shitty" she mumbles. "How about you. You haven't really talked about Tyler"

"Well, I try to keep as busy as possible so I don't have to think about him" Maybe that would give her an idea. It was true. The more I kept busy the less I had time to replay that night and think about him over and over.

"I couldn't say the same"

Ringgggg

The first bell goes off signaling us to get to our classes. "We should talk some more" I suggest and she nods as we walk away.

I hope she starts to feel better soon.

In class I realize that Eddie was in my home room. He was the one who sat behind me. That's crazy how I never noticed.

"I didn't know you were in this class" I whisper to him.

"I didn't know you were here either" he smiles.

The teachers tells us to all pass up our assignments and he passes his to me. I see that some questions aren't filled out, which isn't really of my business.

"If you ever wanna do an assignment together i'd be cool with it" I say, turning back to look at him.

"Oh. Yeah good idea" he nods and we begin our work for the day.

After class we walk out with each other, but get stopped by a popular boy named Andy on the basketball team and Lucas.

"Sorry Eddie, I'll talk to you later?" I ask, looking up at him.

"Of course" he smiled down at me. Before he walks away I notice him glare at Andy.

"Alright what's up?" I ask the pair.

"We have our first basketball game of the season" Lucas begins.

"And we want you to watch" Andy finishes and hands me a ticket.

"This Friday?"

"Yeah. At six" Andy answers.

"I might be busy. But I'll see if I can" I really didn't want to go. Andy begins to walk away and Lucas takes a step forward.

"Can you please tell Max about it? Here's a ticket for her" he whispers to me.

"Yeah of course" I give him a sad smile.

"Sinclair! C'mon!" Andy yells from the end of the hall. Lucas returns me a smile and runs back to Andy.

.•.•.

With my mouth full I ask Robin if she's playing at the basketball game.

"Well, Mr. Fitzgerald says we have to for like every game, but I can always show up for a few minutes and leave" she smirks at me.

"Well Andy invited me to the game, but I don't know if I wanna go"
I sigh.

"Then don't."she simply says.

"Well I don't wanna be rude-"

"Y/n it's obvious he likes you. I'm sure you won't hurt his feelings. You can literally give him any excuse and he'd be fine with it."

She is insane I tell you. "Yeah but I feel bad for Lucas too-"

"Lucas- Lucas is trying to hard y/n. He has the best friends anyone could ask for and he ditches them to fit in. I think he's fine"

"Yeah?"

"Yes."

"Alright" I let it go. "Hey are you gonna eat your pudding?"

"Of course I am!"

~

"So no?" Mike questions.

"Sorry boys. I don't feel like driving across town." I tell them.

"Okay" he mutters as they walk out of the school parking lot.

I decided to put the radio on while waiting for Robin. Good stuff came on and I began to hit the dashboard of the car to the beat acting like I was playing the drums.

"ARGGGG"

I jump in my seat and scream "AHHHH!" I turn and see Eddie at the window laughing. I turn down the music and rolled the window down.

"Prick!" I say to him punching his arm. "What's up?"

"Nothing, I just saw you jamming out and thought it would be funny to scare you" he laughs.

"That wasn't funny" I shake my head.

"Are you doing anything today?" He asks, changing the subject.

"Probably just gonna go home and sleep" I chuckle.
"But I'm waiting for my friend Robin to take her home since Steve isn't here to get her"

"Steve Harrington?"

"Yup, that's the one"

"Y/n hurry I just got off the phone with my mom and-" Robin says as soon and she gets in the car and begins ranting but stops when she notices Eddie leaning in the car window talking to me. "Oh hey. You're Eddie Munson right?"

"Yup" he smiles.

"Wow. It's great that I finally get to meet you. Y/n has been talking about you non st-" I slam my hand over her mouth and give her a warning glare.

"Keep talking and I'll let you walk" I whisper and her eyes go wide.

"Ignore her" I turn to look at him. He's just smiling very widely. She just runs her mouth on and on. "Anyways we gotta go. Have a nice night Eddie" I smile. He backs away from the window and smiles.

"Yeah you too" he says putting one hand in his pocket and waving with the other. I wave back and we drive away.

"Are you trying to get me to murder you?" I ask as we pull out the school.

She just bursts out in laughter.

"You are insane" I say shaking my head. "And I do not talk about him!"