Chapter 26

At school I avoided Eddie as much as possible. I would eat my lunch fast and stay as focused as possible in class with him. I know he did nothing wrong, but I just felt...jealous?

He definitely noticed since he asked me what was wrong. "Did I do something?"

"No Eddie" I sigh and set down my tray.

"Then why are you avoiding me?"

I huff, getting annoyed from his questions "I'm not"

He stays quiet for a moment thinking hard about something. "You've been acting like this since that day when you gave me lunch" he says his face lighting up.

"Okay?"

"I was with Chrissy Cunningham that day" he whispers. I nod. Duh, that was obvious. "Do you think that something's going on-"

I gasp. "No! I trust you Eddie, but I don't know if I trust her"

He suddenly laughs making me angrier. "Why not" he chokes out "I'm sure she's very happy with her boyfriend Jason"

"What?"

"Do you really not know. Their like the 'perfect couple' in school"

"I don't pay attention to anything that goes on here" I really just embarrassed myself. "Plus that still doesn't explain what you guys were doing together"

"Y/n why else would I be meeting someone in the woods" he whispers.

"I know, but why does she need anything"

"I didn't ask"

"But you guys seemed to be having a great conversation" I add.

His mouth opens wide and he laughs again. "Are you jealous?"

"You are unbelievable!" I say through my teeth and throw a grape at his face.

~

Dustin, Eddie and I were at home in the living room doing karaoke. Dustin did 'Physical Attraction' by Madonna it was the funniest thing ever. He even danced while he did it.

"Wooo!" Me and Eddie cheered him on. After dustin Eddie picked a cassette and put it in the player. After a few seconds the song began to play. I didn't recognize it at first.

"Every now and then I get a little bit lonely" he began to sing.

No way.

Dustin instantly broke out into a fit of laughter. Eddie dramatically danced then before the chorus came on he walked over to me and got to his knees.

"And I need you know tonight! And I need you more than ever!"

He grabbed my hands as he sang very dramatically which made it funnier. I laughed so hard my stomach cramped.

Sadly we were interrupted when the doorbell rang and Dustin left with Mike to go to his house so me and Eddie just went back to my room and hung out and continued listening to music.

"I'm bored and hungry" I said to him rolling over to look at him.

"Hungry for what?" He asked smirking.

"Ew!" I laugh and punch his arm. I push myself off the bed and begin to put my shoes on and grab my jacket.

"Where you going?"

"Let's go to Johnnys" I answer and he sighs, but follows.

He drives us there and we order. While we wait for our food I ask him for 25 cents.

"What do you need it for?"

"I'm going to put on a song" I say and point to the jukebox in the corner. He puts a quarter in my hand and tells me to pick a good one. All of the songs in it were from the 50's and 60's but one caught my eye.

I quickly walk over to Eddie before the song could start. When I get to the table I grab his hands and pull him off the seat.

"What?" He asks but before I can even say anything the song begins and I sing along.

"Eddie my love, I love you so, how I've wanted for you, you'll never know"

He grins widely and turns a bright shade of pink. There wasn't much people in the diner except for a few old couples and they watched us with smiles on their faces as I sang to him.

"Tell me your love is, still only mine" I sing and look up at him. He bends down and gives me a kiss on the cheek.

"It always will be" he whispers. He looked so cute dancing with me in the middle of the diner looking intimidating with his dark clothes and metalhead hair as he towered over me.

God what was he doing to me.