Chapter 12

I wake up from the sound of hammering near my window. I angrily get up and storm to my window to see what it is. The neighbor is outside putting on our Christmas lights. I smile at the sight. He must really like mom.

I walk down the hall to the bathroom and do my morning routine then go to the living room. Mom is sitting on the couch with the cat in her lap.

"Hey honey. Sorry if Jerry woke you up, he offered to put the lights on for me" she explains.

"That's alright mom. It was time for me to wake up anyways." I go to the kitchen and pull out a bowl, but before I could pour my cereal in it my mom stops me by rushing in and quickly taking something out the oven.

"Oh! They're perfect! I thought I had burnt them" she sighs in relief. When she moves away I see a pan full of cinnamon rolls then she pulls out a pan of bacon.

I just loved when mom was home.

"Don't you dare think about eating that y/n" she eyes me and I put my hands up in defense.

"Never" I say and she laughs. She cuts up some fruits and Dustin comes out just in time.

"Good morning mom" he yawns and gives her a kiss on the cheek which made me smile. Mom and Dustin have always been very close. So have we, but Dustin has been her baby for awhile now.

He sits at the table with me and she puts a plate in front of us. "Are you going to eat mom?" I ask noticing she sat back down at the couch.

"Oh me and Jerry are going out for breakfast when he's done" she smiles at me.

Ok. They're a lot closer than I thought. I turn my head and see Dustin staring at me with his jaw hanging open. "Who's jerry!" He whispers.

"The neighbor! He's putting the Christmas lights up right now!" I snicker. His face twists into one of disgust and I laugh, but we're interrupted by the phone ringing before anyone else could get it our mom gets up and grabs it.

"Hello? Oh yes hold on" she smiles into the phone and takes it away from her ear and places her hand over it. "Y/n honey, someone is on the phone for you" I set down my fork and skunk over to the phone.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Hey y/n" I hear Eddie's familiar voice which brings a grin to my face.

"Hi"

"Hey do you wanna go hang out later? Im playing tonight with the band at the bar at seven. I could come pick you up?" He asks. I think about what I would be doing today which was absolutely nothing.

"Yeah okay that sounds fun. I'll see you later then" I smile into the phone.

"Alright see you soon" I can practically hear the grin in his voice. I put the phone on the wall and sit back at the table with Dustin.

"Who was that and why are you smiling so big?" Dustin says looking grossed out making me laugh.

"Uh just a friend" Dustin would be furious if he knew I was hanging out with his friends. After finishing I wash my plate unlike Dustin and ask my mom if it was okay if I went out tonight.

"Yes of course" she answers and I go to my room. Even though it was only eleven I was already picking out my outfit. After about a few hours of indecisiveness I picked a safe option, but it was cute so I wasn't complaining.

Before I hopped in the shower mom brought me lunch. "Hey what's for dinner?"

"Chicken Parmigiana" she says and shuts my door.

~

After getting ready and eating dinner I ask mom to make a plate of dinner to bring for my friend. She puts some in a plastic container for me and I heat it up in the microwave before Eddie gets here. When I hear a knock I quickly grab a fork and run to the door before anyone else could.

"Bye mom! Bye Dustin! Love you!" I yell and swing the door open. I see Eddie standing there and I put my hand on his chest pushing him away from the door. "Cmon before they see" I whisper to him. I jog to his car and he opens the door for me. I put on my seatbelt and when he starts the car I notice he doesn't have his on.

"Put your seatbelt on" I tell him. He turns to me and smiles. I raise my eyebrows at him and he puts his hands up in defense then buckles it in.

"You ready?" He asks.

"Yes sir" I answer. He grins, turns up the radio and puts the car into gear and before I know it we're driving out the neighborhood.

He drove crazy fast tonight and usually I would be scared but this felt fun, even though it was cold outside and the windows were rolled down it gave me a rush that I liked. It was funny because I knew almost all of the songs he put on and each I began to sing along to them he'd give me a funny look.

When we got to the bar he parked in the back and led me in through a back door.

"I'd totally let you watch from the front but sadly if you're not 21 and up you wouldn't be able to watch from inside so you can just sit and watch from behind" he informed me.

"That's okay. I still wanna watch" I tell him and he grabs a chair and puts it where I'd have the best view from the back.

"Alright. I gotta go" he winks and goes up to the front. Then as soon as he walks out I see other members of Hellfire walk out into the stage no one noticing me and then they're introduced.

Eddie starts off solo then is quickly joined in with Jeff, i think it was on what i think is bass? And Gareth, I'm not 100% sure then started playing on the drums and someone who I didn't even recognize on the vocals.

They were good. Better than I expected too. Every once and awhile Id notice Eddie glancing at me and and I'd give him a small smile. After a few songs they all bowed and I cheered loudly from the back. I watched them all pack up there stuff and load it into someone's car.

When Eddie was saying his goodbyes all of the guys finally noticed me. "Wait- you're Dustin's older sister right?" One of them says.

"Oh yeah I am" I smile and steps forward. He immediately shakes my hand and introduces himself.

"I'm Gareth" he smiles and I give him one back.

"Jeff" the other guitarist says and gives me a wave.

Then the one who was singing grabs my hand with both of his. "I'm Johnny" he smiles.

"Alright you guys, we're gonna go" Eddie steps in.

"It was nice meeting you guys" I say as we walk back to the car. They all agree and stare with their jaws hung wide open as they watch us drive away.

"Ignore them, they just...they just like to stare" he says.

"Okay" I laugh.

"Do you want me to drop you off home or-"

"No it's boring there. I love my mom and Dustin but I'm with them everyday" I explain. He shakes his head and laughs.

"Well it's kinda late, we could go to my place? There's no one there since my uncle takes late shifts" he doesn't seem to sure about the idea.

"I'm fine with it. Only if you're okay with it though" I say and he shrugs.

"Alright, my place it is" he speeds up and takes us there.

EEEEEE