Chapter 37

I pair up with Robin and Nancy goes with Steve as we try and look for the Creel house.

"Ah ha! We were right!" Robin squeals as she notices where we are.

"Alright let's go get Nance and Steve" I sigh. We soon find them and it looked like we just interrupted an important conversation but what we're about to do is the most important.

Once we all get there we wait for Erica to give us the signals.

"Phase three. Continue with phase three" We hear Erica say.

"Alright phase three guys" Robin says into the walkie-talkie. Dustin responds and I sigh in relief to hear his voice.

Suddenly we all here music and it's definitely coming from Eddie's guitar.

"Glad they can here that" Steve says and once it looks like all the bats are gone we go into the house.

Inside everything is covered in those nasty vines.

"This is gonna be hard" I whisper and continue through the house and try to get to the stairs, but then the house shakes causing us all to loose our footing.

First it gets Robbin. Pulling her foot and dragging her up the wall and having the tenticals wrap around her. Then me and Nancy and Steve. We were all now defenseless and pretty much being choked to death.

"Just relax your bodies" I barely get out. "It helps" no one says anything and I hope that they're trying to relax.

We're there for longer than I could count until suddenly the vines let go and we all fall to the floor. Without having to think about it we all get up and run up the stairs and into the attack where we see Vecna. The same vines that were all over we're holding him up in place. Everything was connected to him.

"Ready?" Steve asks. Me and Robin nod our heads and we light the cloth at the end of the gas bombs and throw them at Vecnas body. He instantly catches on fire then he begins to walk towards us. I hear the cock of the gun and see that Nancy is holding one and pointing it directly at Vecna.

Before he gets any closer she shoots him in the chest and he stumbles back.

Boom. Another shot.

And another.

And another.

And another. He falls out the window and out the house. We all look at eachother speechless and run outside.

Where should've been Vecnas body was nothing. He got away.

"Fuck!" I scream and start kicking at the floor. "Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!" Robin comes over and grabs me.

"Y/n we have to go now!" She yells in my face. I grab ahold of myself and nod. We make our way back to the trailer.

When we're near I see dustin on the floor sobbing and I run over to see what's wrong and I instantly wish I hadn't.

"No" I whisper. "No, no, no!" I shake my head and take a step forward. There on the floor in my brothers arms is him. "Oh god!" I sob and fall to my knees putting my hands on the side of his face shaking him gently.

"Eddie" I cry. "Eddie wake up please" I beg, but he stays still, looking directly at me, but not. His eyes were just open. His blood was all over my hands now and I didn't know what to do.

I  couldn't believe he was dead. I wouldn't let myself think it. I started talking to him again. "Please don't be dead" I cried. "Don't leave me now."

I looked at everyone for help. Steve, Robin and Nancy just stood there, their face as white as the bark on a sycamore tree and the hurt in their eyes tore at my heart. Robin opened her mouth to say something but no words came out.

"Help! He needs help!" I wept. "What are you doing just standing there!" I yell. "You'll be okay Eddie, your fine, you fine" I tell him caressing his face gently.

"Y/n..." Steve says taking a step closer.

"Shut up Steve!" I yell not turning to look at him. "Just shut up and help me get him to the trailer"

"He's gone y/n" Dustin cried. "Look at him! He's DEAD! HE'S GONE!"

"YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE SAYING DUSTIN!" I scream back. Eddie was okay, he was just having a hard time. "You're fine Eddie, just wake up!" I begged.

"Y/n! We need to go!" Nancy shook my shoulders. I ignore her.

"You're not gone, you're here you're okay" I whisper and I feel a hand on my shoulder hold me tightly. "I'm not leaving until he wakes up" I tell whoever it is.

I would not leave until he woke up.