Chapter 7

"Hello?" I say into the phone, my voice scratchy from sleeping. I look at the clock.

8:47

I fell asleep early.

"Hey y/n it's Eddie" Hearing that made my eyes widen and I sat up quickly.

"Oh hey. Whats up?"

"I was wondering if you wanted to hang out?"

"Umm sure. When?" I yawn.

"Oh my god. Did I wake you up? I didn't think you'd be sleeping so earl-"

"Eddie it's fine" I chuckle. "When did you wanna hang out?"

"Umm well" I hear the nervousness in his voice.

"Well?"

"I'm kinda outside right now" when he says that I jump out of bed immediately and run to my bathroom. I brush out the rat-nest in my hair and see that I have on my pink monkey pajama pants and a black spaghetti strap on.

Oh well.

I run downstairs and see him standing on the porch in his leather jacket and jeans smiling widely with a white bag held in his hands which were wrapped in rings. He looks down at me and smiles even wider when he sees my outfit.

"I was asleep! You think I'm going to sleep in a jeans?" I ask.

"Nope" he laughs.

"C'mon" I shake my head and lead him inside and take him to the kitchen and he sets down the white bag.
"What's that?"

"I got us food" he says pulling out little boxes.

"My knight in shining armor! How ever will I repay you" I bowed to him. He shakes his head and sits across from me.

"I was kinda craving breakfast food"

"Perfect" I smile.  He slides a box over to me and inside is French Toast with bananas. "Oooh"

"Is that okay? Cause I have pancakes if you want then instead"

"No these are good" I laugh. In the third box is bacon, eggs and sausage. I get up and grab two plates and two cups and put them in front of us then go to the fridge.

"I have coke, orange juice, chocolate milk-"

"Orange juice is good" he calls out. I bring out the chocolate milk and orange juice to the table. He stares at me when he watches me pore the chocolate milk.

"I'm a kid at heart" I chuckle at him and we begin eating. "So how'd you find my house?"

"I've been here before for Dustin" he says with his mouth full of pancakes.

"Hm" I hum. I cut off a piece of my French toasts and place it on his plate and take a piece of pancake. "Sorry yours looked good and they have strawberry's on them" Eddie just laughs.

"How was DnD?"

"It was good. We just began a new quest today"

"Oh fun. Me, Dustin and Mike have been playing I'm already level seven, which the boys says is good"

"You play now?!" He asks excitedly.

"Yeah, I got a sudden urge to" I smile.

"You should play one week" he suggests.

"That's what Mike said, but I don't want Dustin to think I'm trying to be in his business by being friends with his friends you know?"

"I'm sure he'd be fine with it" Eddie shrugs.

"I don't know. I wanna level up my character more before I do anything though"

"Level seven is pretty good. You guys must've played for hours"

"We did. We played all weekend from morning to night" it was true.

"You're very dedicated" he laughs.

"That I am" I smile.

After eating I go up stairs to my room and I grab my blanket then go back downstairs to the living room and put on Gremlins.

"All he had to do was not feed those little fuckers" Eddie said very seriously when they became evil which made me laugh.

~

"Hey I'm gonna go" I hear Eddie whisper to me. I was more than half asleep when he said this.

"No, stay. Just make a bed on the couch or something" I try to say.

"Are you sure? I don't mind-"

"Sh!" I say and I struggle to open my eyes but I do and see the clock.

1:32 a.m

"No it's late. Stay here" I mumble into a pillow and readjust myself.

.•.•.

In the morning I wake up from banging on the door. I groan and sit up. When I go to get off the couch I see Eddie laying on the floor wrapped in blankets next to the couch.

We were up late last night. I made him stay here right?

I walk to the front door and through the peep hole I see Robin and Steve.

"Shit"

I scramble back to the living room and shake Eddie awake. "Eddie get up please!" I whisper.

"Why what's wrong?" He says in a raspy, morning voice which made me feel nervous. He sits up and rubs his eyes.

"just go into the guest bedroom! It's right next to mine. Go inside and close the door. Don't come out until I say please" he yawns, but does as I say and run over to the door and open it.

"God what took you so long" Steve groans.

"I was asleep!" They both look at me and laugh.

"It's like 11:30. Why are you still asleep?" Robin asks.

"I was up late last night" I rub my eyes and walk into the kitchen and they follow. I pour myself a glass of water and they sit at the table. "So what do you guys want?"

"We're gonna go bowling later and wanted to take you" Robin smiles widely.

"Ok. Tonight?"

"Yeah. At like seven"

"Then why'd you come over now?" I ask annoyed.

"We we're close by. Plus we brought you a donut!" She chuckles. I smile at her and grab the little white bag from her.

"Well let me wake and get ready. I'll see you guys later" I say pushing them out the door.

"So yes!?" Steve asks.

"Yes Steve" I nod. "By guys! Thanks for the donut" I shout. When they leave I go up the stairs to the guest room and see Eddie sprawled out on the bed.

"C'mon let's go eat" I say throwing a pillow at his face. He grins and sits up.

"You slept in jeans?" I ask.

"I had nothing else" he shrugs. I shake my head and we go downstairs. "So why did I have to hide?" He asks as we pour our cereal.

"It's was Robin and Steve. If they saw you on my living room floor they would never shut up about it" I shake my head which makes him laugh.

Hehe they're hanging out a lot.