Chapter 30

"Dustin! Eddie's here!" I say running down the stairs, grabbing my backpack and running to Eddie's car.

"Stop honking the horn! He's coming" I say to Eddie as I swing the door open and sit in the seat. I turn to him and he gently grabs my face, his cold rings stinging my cheek, and gives me a quick peck on the lips.

"Oh god! Please stop!" I hear Dustin as he slams the back door shut. Eddie grins widely and puts the car in drive..

"So I got a question..." Dustin trails off.

"Okay?" I say and as I turn the radio stations trying to find a good one.

"So today is Lucas's basketball game and-"

"I already know Dustin. He's playing tonight. God, he needs to stop trying to be popular" I groan.

"That's besides the point y/n"

"Alright, Alright" I say and let him finish.

"Well we need someone to fill in a spot for our DND game tonight since he's not gonna be there"

"Really Eddie" I say flatly and turn my head to look at him. "Can't you guys play without him?"

"Of course we can't" Eddie sighs. He takes his dnd very seriously.

"I get something then" I ask. I know absolutely nothing about this game except that Eddie and Dustin talk about it constantly.

"What do you want?" They ask in unison.

"Umm. I'm not sure yet. I'll tell you when I figure it out" Then my favorite song comes on the radio. "Wait no. I want this whole album for my cassette player"

"Alright" Eddie says grinning and we shake hands. As soon as we pull up to school I notice my nose bleeding.

They knew I loved playing DnD but this was just a way for me to get what I wanted.

"Why does this shit keep happening" I sigh annoyed. Eddie hands me a napkin from the center consul of the car and we sit in the parking lot until it stops bleeding.

Soon Mike shows up to the car telling Dustin to hurry up for class and they leave.

"I better get to wear one of those shirts" I say eyeing Eddies shirt.

"Fine" he agrees looking at me slyly.

"Alright I'm ready" I smile and throw the bloody tissue in the trash on the way into school. Eddie walks me to class as usual and this very slow day starts, but at least it's a Friday and spring break is starting.

At lunch Eddie ended up doing on of his usual "Eddie" performances on the lunch table.

"As long as you're into band, or science or parties" he began saying in a funny voice making me laugh at him. "Or a game where you toss balls into laundry baskets!" Then Jason a popular boy from the basketball team stands up.

"You want something freak?"

Eddie just makes devil horns with his fingers and sticks his tongue out at him. "Come on Eddie just sit down" I say to him, still laughing. We and his DND club eat our lunch together like we always do and finish the school day.

When I go to meet Eddie at the car he's standing outside of it waiting for me. "Im gonna go meet up with someone for a few minutes at the usual spot okay?"

"Alright" I smile.

"Here the keys" he says dangling them in front of me and I snatch them from him and sit in the back of the van. Me and Eddie hung out a lot in here so we put a carpet in the floor so we wouldn't have to sit on the floor of it. It was our hang out spot beside his house.

While waiting for him Dustin and Mike come up to the car and ask if we can drive them back home.

"Well me and Eddie were gonna go back to his trailer before DND tonight and he's doing something right now"

"So no?" Mike questions.

"Sorry boys. I'll see you tonight though. Tell mom I'll come home with you after DND tonight okay" I tell Dustin.

"Yup" he mutters as they walk away.

I decided to put the radio on and Eddie's tape was in it so I knew good stuff was going to come on. I began to hit the dashboard of the car to the beat acting like I was playing the drums.

"ARGGGG"

I jump in my seat and scream "AHHHH!" I turn and see Eddie at the window laughing. I turn down the music and unlock the doors so he could come in.

"Prick!" I say to him punching his arm. He turns the car on and we begin to drive to his trailer. Once there we go to his room and I instantly fall into his bed. "I'm so tired" I sigh and inhale the sent off his sheets. He smelled so comforting if that made sense.

He crawls on top of me and just lays there. "Eddie you're heavy" i groan into the bed.

"You're heavy" he mocks me in his silly voice. I eventually get used to his weight, but he gets up and I lay on my back getting into a more comfortable position.

"Just wait till you here this shit y/n" he says excitedly. I hear the click of the tape player go on. The music starts and he turns it up loud. Very loud.

"What's this?"

"The new Metallica song. It came out a few weeks ago and I've already learned it on my guitar." The song starts hard and Eddie runs up to me and crawls over me and bangs his head to the music making it so that his hair was in my face.

"Master of puppets I'm pulling your strings!" He sang to the music. I laugh hard, putting my hands on the side of his face trying to gently push his face away.

"HAHAA! Eddie!" I continue to laugh over the music. He pecks me on the mouth and gets up and turns the radio down so we can here each other.

"It's good isn't it?" He asks me sitting in his chair.

"It really is" I nod. "We should go see them live" I suggest.

"Yeah baby!" He screams when the guitar solo comes on.

I love him so much🥲