Chapter 35

Soon Nancy and Robin were back and we had a plan. We waited until dark to pursue it. We followed Dustin's compass and it took us to lovers lake where we would use Eddie's boat.

Eddie and Steve helped Robin Nancy and I onto them boat and then they jumped on as well.

"This boat is not big enough for us all" Steve sighs.

"Well deal with it my friend" I say to him.

Dustin try's to come in as well but we stop him at that idea and told him to stay with max and keep an eye out.

We paddled until the compass began to move all crazy and we decided that this was the spot.

"You guys what's going on?" we hear Dustin say in the walkie talkie.

"Dustin your compas has went from wonky to wonky with a capital ahhh" Robin screams. That's was a good way to put it.

"Steve what are you doing?" Nancy asks and we all look to see Steve taking his clothes off.

"Well one of us gots to check it out"

Me and Robin look at eachother when we see Nancy eyeing Steve. "Something is definitely going on between them" I whisper just loud enough for her to hear.

"Yup" she agrees. Eddie takes out a bag from his jacket and dumps it out and covers the flashlight with it so I didn't break from getting wet.

"Good luck" Eddie says to Steve and then he goes. Eddie goes to light a cigarette but Robin takes it from his mouth and says "gross"

"Hey!" Me and Eddie both say to her.

"Closing in on a minute" Nancy tells us.

"I can't even hold my breath for twenty seconds" I mummer.

"Me either" Eddie laughs to me.

After another 30 seconds he erupts from the water scaring us all. "Found it" he says and tries to climb back up. Then boom. He's being pulled away under the water.

"Steve! Steve!"

"No! No!"

"Oh shit"

"Nancy! What the hell was that man!" Eddie screams.

"Nancy what happened!" Robin screams as well.

"JESUS" Eddie yells in his high pitched voice.

"You guys wait here" Nancy jumps in the water after him then she's gone. Not even ten seconds later so was Robin. I stand up and begin to panic.

"Oh shit! Eddie. I gotta go I can't just sit here man!" I say and jump into the water and wait for him to do the same.

"No, no, no, no, no" Eddie says grabbing my hand. "Nancy said to wait!"

"Are you kidding me?" I say to him. "Are you coming or not Eddie?" I ask. And he just stares at me.

"God dammit this is so stupid! Shit shit shit!" He yells and jumps in with me.

Fuck it.

We dive in until and swim until we see a glowing red light and go inside it.

Once we're inside this whatever it is we look and see Steve being attacked by some sort of bats and we run over and try to take them off by beating them with the ores from the boat.

The next thing I knew something was wrapped around my ankle and pulled me making me fall and then a bat came and started to attack me.

"Get the fuck off her you demon bat!" I hear Eddie's high pitch scream and I see him hitting it with the big wooden ore. And he ended up killing it.