Chapter 33

"Her body like...lifted into the air. And she just hung there" Eddie whispered.

"And her bones they-" I say not wanting Eddie to have to say it out loud. "They started to snap"

"Her eyes man. It was like there was something inside her head pulling." Eddie continues explaining. "I didn't know what to do so I...I ran away"

"We just left her there" I whisper out. The four of them just stared at me and Eddie blankly.

"You think we're crazy" Eddie says shaking his head.

"No we don't" Dustin begins.

"Don't bullshit me man! I know how this sounds!" Eddie snaps.

"We're not bullshitting you"

"We believe you"

I stand up feeling annoyed. "Do you guys think..?"

"It sounds like it" Steve says.

"You know how people say Hawkins is cursed?" Dustin asks cutting off Steve. Eddie nodded. "Well they're not way off"

"Like ghosts n shit?" Eddie asks.

"There are worse things than ghost" Max says. We were all silent for a moment before Eddie talked again.

"you know I tried to wake her in the end but she couldn't move. It was like she was in a trance"

"Or under a spell" Dustin says.

"A curse" I add.

"Vecna's curse" Dustin whispered.

"What's Vecna?" Steve asks.

"An undead creature of great power" Dustin answers.

"A spell caster" Eddie says like he's just put the puzzle together.

"A dark wizard"

~

The four of them left me and Eddie talked about how were probably going to get in trouble for this since it happened at his trailer.

"We're never gonna get believed for this. For going to prison" I say getting up and pacing in circles. "We're going to jail"

"Yup" Eddie says flatly and I turn to look at him laying in the boat playing with his necklace which was a guitar pic. I sigh and sit down beside him.

"We can come up with something. Like an alibi? My grandma she has early dementia. We can say that we visited her while this stuff was happen?"

"That's a pretty good idea since they can't really ask her questions if she does have dementia"

I nod."They better hurry up. I'm starving" I say changing the subject.

"Me too. I can go into the main house and see if there's anything in there" Eddie suggest and hops up. It's morning now and we're not supposed to be leaving just in case anyone sees us.

"Alright" I say since it's not that bad of an idea. I guess the guy who lived here was in jail so no one was currently living here.

Inside Eddie looks through all the cabinets and finds one can of spaghettiOs.

"That's all that's in there?" I say in disbelief.

"Sorry Sweetheart" he says shutting the cabinet and looking at me. "Yes we're gonna share it" he says answering my thoughts.

"Good" I smile plainly.

After we ate, we both looked through the house and got some pillows and blankets since we would be staying at the boat shed for who knows how long and we made a bed in the boat so we would be able to over ourselves with the tarp if anyone came.