Chapter 36

He showed me things. Things that haven't happened yet" I whisper. "Horrible, horrifying things. Things that are gonna happen to us and Hawkins's.

There was a dark cloud over Hawkins's and downtown was on fire. With dead bodies everywhere. And this huge, huge monster. And there was so many other things with it. Other monsters I mean. They were like an army taking over the town, our homes.

And then Dustin and Mom they were-" my voice cracked and I stopped. Eddie held my hand and rubbed his thumb around in circles calming me down.

"But he's just trying to scare you y/n" Dustin tries reassuring me.

"He also showed me four gates spread across town. And... and he told me to tell eleven everything"

"Four chimes" max says. "Vecnas clock. It always chimes four times"

"I heard them too" I mutter.

"He's been telling us his plan this whole time." She finishes

"Four kills, four gates. End of the world" Lucas says.

"If that's true he's only one kill away" Dustin adds.

"Jesus Christ" Eddie says, removing his hand from mine and putting his face in his hands.

"Call em again" Steve grumbles.

"Same shit" Max says slamming the phone.

"How is that even possible" Lucas asks.

"Something has to be wrong. It's been busy for three days" Max is right. No one doesn't just answer for three days straight.

"You're right. I can't just be a coincidence" Nancy says. "Whatever's happening in California is connected to this somehow"

"Yeah and especially if Knows who eleven is" Steve chimes in

"We have to go back there. Back to the upside down and kill the son of a bitch" Nancy states.

"Nope. Nope. Especially not right after what just happening to y/n" Eddie warns.

"We just gotta take a minute and think this thing over" Steve says. "We barely made it out of there in one piece"

"That's because we weren't prepared! But we will be!"

"Nancy!" Eddie says standing up. "You have no idea what will happen if we go in there again. The only reason y/n even survived was because he wanted her to! Do you think we're just gonna go back into his layer! This thing can do whatever he wants to someone just by entering their fucking mind! None of us are safe! He's not afraid of us"

"And for good reason!" Robin says. "We we're wrong about vecna/one/Henry whatever his name is! We've learned thing about him. He is a number like eleven! Except he's a sick evil male, child murdering version of her with really bad skin, but my point is he's really powerful! He can turn us inside out with a snap of his finger. It's not a fair fight!"

"Then why play fair?" Dustin says. "We know El! We know her strengths and weaknesses"
~

"DRIVE STEVE! DRIVE!" Dustin screams and instantly we're off and out off the trailer park.

"Did you really just hotwire this shit?" I ask Eddie.

"You know I did" he winks at me and pulls me down to sit with him. I put my arms around and hug him.

"I know I've been with you literally everyday all week, but I miss you" I whisper to him.

"I know what you mean" he mumbles and kisses my forehead. "Sorry about almost outing you to Robin last night"

"You asshat!" I laugh socking him the arm. He flips us over so that I'm laying in between his legs and on-top his stomach. He plays with my fingers and slides his rings on and laughs when he notices his big they are on my fingers.

"I'll get one that fits you" he says taking them off my fingers putting them back on his. I smile at him and we stay like that until we get to our destination.

Steve parks behind the store so no one can see the trailer we just stole or me and Eddie. Everyone leaves except Lucas and Dustin and we just wait in the the back of the motor home until they come back.

Soon everyone is running back in with different weapons and telling Steve to hurry and drive. Max explains how Jason and his crew were inside looking for weapons as well and that they began to chase them, thankfully we got away.

We parked in a field so that we can look through our weapons and take a minute to think these over a bit. Eddie and Dustin were making these cool shields with nails and sharp stuff poking through, Robin and Steve were making bombs out of gasoline.

The ride to the Creel house was deathly silent, everyone was bracing themselves for what we were about to do. We all sat in our places holding the weapons we had just made. Once there we dropped of Erica, Lucas and Max.

"I really wish you would've went with them Dustin" I say to him breaking the silence.

"And what? Miss out on the cool shit" he smiles at me.

"I'm serious Dustin. It's dangerous there. You'd be safer at the Creels house"

"I'll be fine y/n don't worry"

"Dustin, you're my little brother, of course I'm gonna worry" I say to him, then turn to Eddie. "And you. You better not try and do some crazy shit out there. This isn't a DnD game!"

"Of course not sweetheart" he smiles at me.

"You better make sure Dustin and you are safe okay. If things start to get even a little crazy you bail" I demand.

"Yes ma'am"

I nod at him and we hop out the motor home and into Eddie's trailer. We do one last check to see if we have all our supplies and we each take our turns climbing up.

"You guys ready?" Steve asks.

"Nope"

"Nah"

"Sure"

"Let's just say we are"

"Alright" Steve says. I pull Dustin in a hug and squeeze him tightly. "Kick some bat ass" I whisper in his ear.

"You know I will" he says and I let go. Then I turn to Eddie.

"You better shred whatever song you're playing" I say and look up at him. He just smiled and gives me a kiss.

"I love you okay" I say making sure he knows.

"I love you too" he says in my hair. I pull away and say the same to Dustin.

"Let's do this shit!" I say enthusiastically and we go our ways.