Chapter 9

Monday

My locker door slams shut and I'm suddenly leaning against it while Andy stands over me.

"Hey y/n" he smiles. I hear muffled coughs and laughs, I turn my head and see Lucas along with the basketball team giving Andy thumbs up.

"What's up Andy?" I ask smiling. I couldn't be rude even if I wanted too.

"I was just wondering if you're ever gonna come and watch a game. You've already missed two"

"Well I'm busy Andy. Plus you still have like the whole season right?" I confessed. I was busy, but I also completely forgot.

"Well please this Friday?" He asks. I needed to break eye contact so I looked away as soon as the hellfire club walked by. I saw Dustin and Mike talking to each other, but I locked eyes with Eddie, the corner of his lips turned upward very slightly but he turned his eyes away and looked at Andy. He didn't look at me again.

"What do you say?" I hear Andy say. I look up at him and see him grinning.

"About what?"

"The game. This Friday?"

"Oh yeah. I'll try and make it. I promise"

"Good" he smirks and turns away. I see him walk off to his friends and give them a thumbs up. They give him pats on the back.

~
Wednesday

"Dustin hurry! It's raining and I don't wanna wait in the car for you!" I yell at him. I hear him running down the stairs and and I grab my black zip up and throw on the hood while we run to my car.

It was pouring outside, which was normal since winter just started. I guess sunny days are over for awhile. The drive to school took a little longer than usual since people were driving more cautiously.

Once parked me and Dustin began walking to the school when I notice that Eddie and Andy are walking over to me and Dustin from different sides. Wanting to get away from Andy I begin to pick up my speed.

"Y/n why are you walking so fast" Dustin groans. I roll my eyes, but when I take my next step all I know is it I see nothing but darkness and my back and head hurt.

"Oh shit y/n!" I hear Dustin say between laughter. I open my eyes and see both Andy and Eddie standing over me.

"Are you okay?" Andy frantically asks.

"You're alright, you're alright" Eddie reassures me. He puts his arm under my back and helps me up while Andy gives him a disgusted look.

"Thanks Eddie" I mutter.

"Are you okay?" Dustin asks still laughing.

"Shut up you dope it's not funny" I warn him, which just makes him laugh harder. The sound of his laughter makes me laugh and I soon realize we're both laughing.

"Y/n do you need help?" Andy asks, even though Eddie has a tight grip around my waist.

"No I'm fine, just go to class you guys" I sigh. Andy nods and turns around, Mike comes up and takes Dustin away.

"Fuck my head hurts" I chuckle into Eddie's arm.

"Its not funny y/n. You fell hard" He walks me into the building and towards the nurses office. "What are doing-"

"Taking you to the nurse" he huffs. There was no one in the halls since school started a few minutes ago which meant everyone was in class.

"No way-"

"Shut up" he shakes his head and opens the nurses office.

"Hello? Oh what's wrong with her?" I hear an older lady's voice say.

"She slipped and fell outside"

"Oh dear" the women says and she rushes over to me and sits me down. "Here drink some water" I do as she says and cringe away when she turns on a brighter light.

"Can you please tune that off. I have a massive headache right now"

"Did she hit her head?"

"No!" "Yes!"

Seriously Eddie?

"Maybe a concussion? Are you dizzy or tired at all?"

"I am actually quite dizzy. But I'm fine." I shake my head and try to stand up but loose my balance, but Eddie catches me before I fall to the ground.

"Alright dear you need to sit down. You definitely have a concussion"

I sigh and do as she says. "Would you like me to call anyone to pick you up" Mom wasn't here. Dustin couldn't drive...

"Yes actually. Can I use the phone?" I ask. The women gets up and goes into another room.

"Who are you going to call?" Eddie asks.

"Steve. He's the only person I know who either doesn't drive or isn't at school" I sigh.

"I would've drove you" he says.

"That's very nice but you need to go to class Eddie" No way is let him drive me.

"I really don't mind. Plus it get me out of these boring classes. Plus doesn't Steve work?"

He's right. Steve has a new job at the video store. Shit. The nurse walks in with the phone.

"Actually ma'am I'm sorry, but I don't need it anymore. My friend is going to drive me home actually" I explain. She gives me a slight smile and a paper to sign myself out with.

"Feel better dear" she tells me. I walk out and Eddie follows.

"So which friend is driving you home?" He asks.

"You duh" I say. I see him grin and he takes me outside to his car. It was a black Camaro which suited him very well I say. He opens the door for me and makes sure I have my seatbelt on when he gets inside.

He turns on the radio before we pull out the parking spot and when does the music blasts loudly in our ears making me jump and my head to throb even more.

"Sorry" he chuckles and turns off the music. I shake my head lightly in amusement and he begins to drive.

"You could put the music on. I'm sure I'll be fine with whatever you put on" I tell him.

"Are you sure? Plus you're headache-"

"I think the music might help me forget about my headache"

"But the nurse said you had a concussion" he says concerned.

"Just put the music on Eddie" I warn and he laughs in response and turns the radio back on. I close my eyes to hide the light to soothe my headache and we begin to sing along to 'Necrophiliac' by Slayer.

He pulls into my drive way and helps me out. When I go and grab my keys he snatches them from my hands and unlocks the door for me. I shake my head at him and he follows me upstairs into my bedroom.

"Would you like me to get you anything?" He asks. I sit on my bed and begin to take off my shoes.

"No, I'm okay. I just need there to be no light" I chuckle. He immediately walks over to my window and pulls the curtains together which makes me smile.

I plop down on my bed and sigh loudly. "Thank you Eddie"

"Anytime sweetheart" he says. Even through my headache the nickname makes my face heat up and I smile. "I'm gonna go y/n I'll be back" he says rushed.

"Alright" I respond, but by the time I say that he's gone.

Welp y/n is on bed rest now