Chapter 11

Throughout the day my concussion only got worse and mom thankfully came home earlier from work.

"Oh goodness y/n! Honey are you okay?" She asked me frantically and squeezed me tightly.

"I'm alright I'm just out of it and my head hurts" I explain.

"My poor girl. I'll start you a bath okay? And I'm going to get started on dinner" she says pulling away and grinning at me.

"Okay" I smile and she kisses me on the forehead. I forgot how much I missed her when she was gone. I just know how much she was squeezing him right now.

A few minutes later she came bustling in while holding our cat. We had to get a new one a while ago since ours, well let's just say it ran away...

"Your bath is ready" she says then goes right back out.

I yell a thanks down the hall as I walk to the bathroom.

~

The next morning morning mom demanded I stay home, which I wasn't really complaining except I pretty much wasn't there yesterday and today, which is Thursday, are the days we go over our notes for our weekly test for history.

I laid I'm bed all day which is nothing new, and mom pampered me.

"Y/n! I needed you at school today! And you weren't there yesterday! But today Vickie-" Robin yelled into the phone.

"Robin! I have the worst headache imaginable. You can't tell me what happened later. I love you bye!" I say and slam the phone back on the wall.

"Is everything alright y/n?" My mom asks from the kitchen.

"Yeah, Robin is just ranting again" I explain and slunk back to my bed and slept until I was woken up by the cat licking my nose. I gave her some pets and noticed it was morning. I slept through dinner! And mom was making lasagna. I groan and sit up. I felt fine today which meant I could go to school.

I pick out my clothes, hop in the shower and get ready.

"Wow. You're alive" Dustin laughs when I sit at the kitchen table to eat.

"Dustin!" Our mom warns. I laugh and we eat.

"Mom you're driving us to school right? My car is still there" I ask her.

"Yes honey. We need to go soon actually. Hurry and eat you two" she points at us. We do as she says and soon we're walking into school. I quickly find Robin and ask her if I can use her notes for the test today and she hands me them.

"You're a life saver" I tell her and rush to home room before I'm late. When I sit in my chair and turn and say hi to Eddie and he asks me how I'm feeling then class starts.

Robins notes weren't the best, but I would've totally failed if I didn't have them.

At my locker while I was putting some books away Eddie came up and asked me how I was feeling.

"I'm good. Much better. Yesterday was way worse than the day it happened, but my mom pampered me" I laughed at the end.

"Dustin tells me how good her food is" Eddie grins.

"It's soooo good. Maybe I'll bring you a plate or something" I suggest.

the bell rings and he winks at me and walks away, but before I could go, Andy comes up too me.

"Why the hell was that freak talking to you? Was he causing you trouble?" He sneers.

I frown at the name he called Eddie. "No Andy, he wasn't. What do you want?" I huff.

He raises an eyebrow at me, but answers. "Tonight's Friday. You still have the ticket I gave you right?"

"Yeah, yeah I do. I promise Andy. I'll try to come. I already said I would"

"Yeah but you said that the other two Friday's" he complains.

"I know, I'm sorry Andy- I gotta go I'm going to be late" I say when I notice the hallways are almost empty and I run to class.

~

After school I asked Dustin if he needed a ride back home, but he said Mom was going to.Robin was picked up by her mom and I was left alone so I drove home and decided to do some laundry and pick up my room.

When I got home mom was clearing out a spot in the living for the Christmas tree.

"Mom wait let me do it!" I tell her when she tries to lift up a heavy wooden table. She lets go and backs away.

"Thank you honey. Dustin has DnD tonight right?" She asks.

"Yeah...he said you were picking him up"

"Oh. I must've forgotten" she realizes.

"That's okay, I don't mind getting him" I offer.

"No, you do every week" she shakes her head. I let it go and pick up the table and move it into the garage and get the Christmas Tree holder and the Christmas decorations that I had to dig to find.

Our neighbor helped us bring in the tree and put it in the holder. He was a nice man, but I didn't like the fact that he was single and liked to hang out with my mom.

Before we began to decorate it she left and got Dustin, while I turned on the radio for the Christmas channel. When they got back, mom began dinner while Dustin helped me put up the decorations around the house and then mom helped us put them on the tree.

While eating dinner mom brought up Andy. "When I picked up your brother a nice boy from the basketball team I think his name was Andy? Anyways he told me he wished you'd come to the game today"

"Oh! I totally forgot since we were putting up Christmas decorations today!" I say taking a bite of food.

"I'm sure he won't mind. He seemed like a nice boy" she smiles.

God what a weirdo for telling my mom that. Geez.