Chapter 25

After asking everyone where Eddie was and them not knowing, I left campus during lunch and went to the woods behind the school. He was usually there if he had disappeared during the day randomly.

As I got closer to the clearing I heard laughing, was he here with someone? When I appeared from behind a tree blocking my view, my suspicions were confirmed when I saw a blonde cheerleader sitting at the table with Eddie.

Is that Chrissy Cunningham?

When I heard her laugh I instantly recognized it. That was her. What we're the two of them doing together. No way he was selling the Chrissy Cunningham drugs. That was impossible.

They seemed to be hanging out, not doing a drug exchange. When I went to turn around and try to forget about what I just saw, i stepped on a twig and it snapped. I quickly turned back around and began to walk towards them to save myself.

It would be even worse if they saw me walking away. "Hey Ed's" I say giving him a small smile when he looked up to see who was walking over. Chrissy instantly turned and had a horrified expression on her face. "Sorry if I'm interrupting anything. Jeff said that you'd be over here" I lie smoothly. "But uh I was trying to give you your lunch my mom made for you"

That was pretty much normal now, for my mom to make him a lunch, since he loved her home cooked meals since he never really got any when he was younger. I didn't mind bringing them and my mom loved cooking extra for him.

"But I can just go and give it to you later" I sheepishly say and turn around to walk back to the school, but his hand on my wrist stops me.

"I'll take it" I turn around and see him holding out a hand for it. I hand him the bag and glance at Chrissy before walking back to the school in absolute shock.

~

At the end of the day I was chilling with Robin in my room while she told me what happened at band either Vickie when my phone rang. It was Eddie.

"What Eddie" I sigh heavily into the phone.

"I'm doing a gig tonight do you want me to come get you?" He asks excitedly.

"no not really"

"Why not?" He questions, his voice getting lower.

"I'm just not feeling like going out right now" I say making up an excuse.

"Do you want me to come over?"

"No Eddie. Have fun tonight, be safe" I hang up the phone before I can hear what he says next and Robin gives me a look.

"What happened?"

"Eddie wanted me to go out with him tonight is all" I answer and sit back on bed. "Today at lunch, he was with Chrissy Cunningham" I tell Robin.

"Like Cheerleader Chrissy?"

"The one and only" I smile sarcastically. "I thought maybe he was doing a deal with her, but why would she want drugs?"

"You never know. I doubt it was nothing though. Eddie loves you, I don't think he'd do something like that" Robin says making me feel a little bit better.

"I know, I don't think he'd do anything either, it was just weird cause they were in the woods behind the school together"

"Alone?" She gasps.

"Yeah. I went to find him to bring him his lunch"

"Aw you brought him lunch"

"I always do" I laugh at her facial expression.

"Trust me y/n. I'm sure everything is fine. Don't overthink it" she says and gives me a small smile.