Chapter 31

A few hours later Eddie and I drive back to the school for DND.

Once we get inside and everyone's situated we begin. Every one in the room immediately stares at me. "Why is she sitting in your chair on your lap" Dustin asks annoyed like it's the grossest thing.

"Because I wanted to" I answer simply and Eddie grins.

"At least she's not bad to look at" Gareth states.

"That's my sister" Dustin says in disgust.

"Shut it Gareth" Eddie says looking directly at him.

"Can we just play now?" I ask looking up at him.

"Yes" he replies eyeing me skeptically.

"The hooded cultist chant" Eddie says sounding like a badass "Hail lord Vecna, hail lord Vecna" I look to Dustin. He's really into this shit.

"They look to you and take of their hoods" Eddie continues. "You recognize most of them from mock bar. There was one you do not recognize. His skin shriveled, desiccated" He looks at me and winks, but continues.

"He's not only missing his right arm, but his left eye!" He says and everyone yells.

"What!" Someone yelled.

"Vecna is dead!"

"He was killed!"

"Sorry friends, so it was thought" Eddie shrugs showing his tattoos. "But Vecna lives!" He states and sets down Vecna's figurine.

"Oh shit! This is bad isn't it?" I turn to Dustin for approval.

"Of course it is! Now we only have two options!"

"So what are you gonna do?" Eddie asks eyeing us. "Will you fleet from Vecna and his cultists or do you stand your ground and fight?"

Everyone takes a minute and thinks about it until Dustin breaks the silence. "I say we fight. To the death"

"To the death" Mike agrees.

"Fuck yeah! To the death!" I chime in excitedly even though I don't really understand what's going on.

"To the death!" Everyone begins cheering.

Eddie laughs and Dustin begins to go crazy and scream, but soon the game continues. Mike rolls the dice and he gets booed. Then another member rolls it and everyone groans.

Well this isn't going well.

Gareth rolls the dice and Eddie laughs in his face which was very funny making us all laugh even though we were getting our asses kicked.

"Time out!" A member calls and we all huddle up to make a plan.

"You guys. I think it's time to flee"

"Didn't we just agree to fight to the death though?" I say.

"That wasn't literal"

"We can't kill him with only two players"

"He only has two fifteen hits left! Don't be pussies!" Dustin chimes in.

Woah dusty.

"Hey!" Eddie calls from his throne. "If I may interject gentlemen" he stops and looks at me "y/n. Whilst I respect the passion, you'd be wise to take Gareth the Great's concern to heart"

Wow.

"There is no shame in running. Don't try and be heroes" he does have a point. "Not today. Okay" he smiles like he had just decided for us.

"Give us a second" I say to him and we all huddle back together.

"How many points do you and y/n have?"

"12" Dustin answers.

"That's risky" Mike says.

"What do you say y/n" he turns to me.

"I'm in Dusty" I reply and we high five each other.

"But the chances of winning are twenty to one"

"Never underestimate the odds. Hand me the twenty" Dustin demand. Eddie tosses it to him and we walk over to the table and wait for Dustin to roll the dice.

It lands on eleven.

"That's a miss!" Eddie laughs.

"Shit!"

"Nooo!"

"Wait! Y/n still gets to go!" Mike states and everyone very quickly quiets down.

Oh god

Dustin hands me the dice. "Be great y/n" he says patting me on the back. I kiss the dice and shake it a few times before tossing it on the table.

20.

Screams erupted everywhere and we all began cheering, and Eddie leans over the table and opens his arms as if he were presenting me.

Dustin turns to me and I'm suddenly being picked up by all the boys. "YOU WON"

"I KNOWWW!" I scream back at them.

After Eddie drives me and the boys home and we say our good nights.

Ooohhh Eddie;) things are gonna get wild pretty quickly tho...