Chapter 14

Today was the last of school until Christmas break which was amazing. I ended the quarter with good grades which would please my mom, but that meant i had to sacrifice the last two weeks of my life and dedicate it to school work. So no hanging out with Robin or Steve or Eddie since he was one of my new friends, but I promised them all I would.

Earlier today Andy was begging me to come to his game and I told him if he'd stop asking me I would which shut him up. Dustin was at DnD as usual on Fridays so when I went home me and mom baked all day until it was time for the basketball game and she made me bring a container full of some gingerbread cookies for Andy since I told her I was going to a basketball game. On my way there I picked up Robin. She was in band and they played at these games, but she never went. The only reason she came today was to see Vickie, her crush who plays in the band too.

When we found our seats in the bleachers we impatiently waited for the game to start. While we waited for the teams to come the band was playing and Robin was in awe. It was quite funny to watch, but it was interrupted when the game started.

When the Hawkins team came out and did their little performance Andy waved at me and I just gave him a smile since people looked at me when he did.

The game was honestly boring but it was funny because they lost. After the game I went outside to get some air and the team ended up exiting there so Andy stopped and talked to me.

"Good game" I say.

"We lost y/n" he shakes his head.

"Yeah, but you still tried" I try to make it seem like I was actually watching him play.

"Thanks" he smiles.

"Hey well me and my mom made these and she said to give some out to people so here you go" I hand him the container.

"Oh thank you" he says happily. He pulls me in for a side hug and I cringe.

"Have a good Christmas" he says and jogs to the boys locker room.

"That was so gross" I say to myself. I turn around and see Robin and she immediately bursts into a fit of laughter. "Did you see it!"

"Yeah" she chokes out.

"He was so sweaty" I gag. She laughs even harder. "Cmon let's go find dustin" I say and we go to the auditorium which is where the clubs are. Dustin's sitting in a chair with Eddie and Mike.

"Alright let's go I'm starving and I need to take a shower...Immediately" I announce which makes Robin laugh again twice as hard as last time. I sock her arm in response.

"It was so awkward" she chokes.

"Ok I know! He hugged me! I didn't hug him"

"And he was all sweaty" she gags. I turn away from her and lock eyes with Eddie. I smile at him.

"Cmon you guys. Moms making chicken pot pie" the boys get up quickly when I say that and we leave.

"Hey wait-" Dustin says stopping us. He runs back into the auditorium and comes out with Eddie.

"Do you think mom would mind him over for dinner?"

~

Our dinner table was full tonight with Mike, Robin and Eddie. Mom was happy that we brought them over and she interrogated Eddie. It was weird knowing that the two of us hung out a lot that last few weeks and no one knew. He was here because of Dustin. I mean he was Dustins friend first.

Robin kept smirking at me all throughout dinner because I had told her about it. Each time I would see her do it I'd flip her the bird which would just make her laugh.

I'd also make eye contact and smile a lot at Eddie which thankfully no one noticed, but of course Robin. At the end of dinner we said by to Eddie and he left. Well we all thought he did, but that was before I went into my room and saw him sitting at my vanity.

"Jesus christ Eddie! Why are you always scaring me?!" I whisper at him.

"Sorry sweetheart" he laughs.

"Is everything okay?" I ask.

"Yeah of course. I was just asking when you'd hang out with me again." He smiles.

"Soon. I gotta makeup the past two weeks to Robin since I haven't hung out with her" I answer.

"What about me?"

"I will come over I promise" I grin. "Now get out. Before Robin or Dustin comes in here. And be careful it's snowing you dope" I warn him. He just laughs and crawls out my window.

As soon as he's gone Robin comes in and we eat cookies and watch a Nightmare On Elm Street. While we do that she makes fun of me about dinner which I pleasantly ignored her teasing